What's new

Update on Kaveri Engine

@Echo_419 @PARIKRAMA

The best way to have an in-house testbed is to convert one of the existing Il-76MDs of the IAF for this purpose. But I don't think IAF would be ready to lose one of it's important airlifters at this point...so another way is to buy 1 or 2 new-build Il-76MD-90A versions directly from Russia and put them under HAL/GTRE control as a dedicated test-bed aircraft.

In fact for such purposes, maybe we can even request RuAF or other Russian scientific agencies to transfer a used Il-76, after refurbishment if necessary, should we think a new-build aircraft is not needed just for testing engines.

Only one answer, contact Ukrain & you could get used IL-76 in dirt cheap for this purpose.
But maintaining them is your headache. :lol:

Only one answer, contact Ukrain & you could get used IL-76 in dirt cheap for this purpose.
But maintaining them is your headache. :lol:

Maintaining will not be a headache if we order proper quantities of spares in advance. The Il-76MD-90A (otherwise known as Il-476) production is on track right now so no problem in acquiring spares & support for this family of aircraft.

Maintaining will not be a headache if we order proper quantities of spares in advance. The Il-76MD-90A (otherwise known as Il-476) production is on track right now so no problem in acquiring spares & support for this family of aircraft.
I think its pretty stupid to get brand new II-476 for testbed purpose when IAF still rely on upgraded IL-76.

I think its pretty stupid to get brand new II-476 for testbed purpose when IAF still rely on upgraded IL-76.

As I said, it depends on whether you need a new-build aircraft or a used one.

If you want new-build, then Il-476 is the only option as that's the only Il-76 version in production right now. Unless ofcourse if you choose to use a Boeing/Airbus plane as a testbed. But a 4-engine layout is preferred.

As I said, it depends on whether you need a new-build aircraft or a used one.

If you want new-build, then Il-476 is the only option as that's the only Il-76 version in production right now. Unless ofcourse if you choose to use a Boeing/Airbus plane as a testbed. But a 4-engine layout is preferred.

Test Bed Aircraft didn't flew regularly unlike Air Force Cargo fleet, so IL 76 could be better.
From Ukraine or other Eastern European country we can get at least one second hand Aircraft.

Not this dead horse again! How much beating does it take to revive Kaveri?

Lac3dwv.gif

The timebound for kaveri is somewhere in 2018-19.this time GOI is supporting too. Wanna see if its able to meet the demand of required thrust to weight ratio.somedays ago read somewhere that project head of kaveri announcing that first overhaul of tejas will see ge engines getting replaced by kaveri . :) .
Well we too want to see that sir but dont have faith over your words .

Back
Top Bottom