Reaction score
Country
India
The midnight bus 375 of Beijing
BYLARA WILSON
JANUARY 24, 2021
3 MINUTE READ
Shares

“The Midnight Bus 375” or also known as “The Bus To Fragrant Hills” is a scary Chinese urban legend about a night bus and its horrific fate. But many believe it supposed to be based on a true incident.
The Scary Story Of The Midnight Bus 375:
midnight-bus-375
© Photo Courtesy: Flickr
The incident happened on the bleak night of 14th November 1995, in Beijing, China. An old man – some also say an old woman – was waiting at a bus stop for the midnight bus, picking up a conversation with the only other person at the stop who was a quiet young gentleman and also waiting for the same bus.

When the midnight Bus 375 – which is the last bus for Route 375 from the Yuan-ming-huan bus terminus – finally came, they both boarded on.
The old man took a seat near the front of the bus while the young man sat a couple of rows behind him. There was no other man along with them except the driver and a decent lady ticket collector.

After a while, the driver spotted two shadows by the side of the road, waving at the bus. The driver stopped and when the doors opened, three people got on bus. There were two men who were supporting a third man between them, holding him up by his shoulders.
by Taboola
Sponsored Links

You May Also Like

Coding Classes For Kids Age 6-18 by IIT/ Harvard TeamCampK12

The cost of hearing aids in Bangalore might surprise youHear.com

Getting a Job in Canada for Indians May be Easier Than You ThinkJob in Canada | Search Ads

The man in the middle was looking dishevelled and his head was bowed, so nobody could see his face and there was a dismal calm atmosphere inside the bus.

Shortly after that, the old man picked up a fight with the young man under some silly pretext of stealing his wallet. The altercation escalated and the bus driver forced them both off the bus.
When they got off and the bus zoomed away, the old man was no longer angry and he told the young man that he had saved their lives. Because the new three passengers did not have feet and were floating, they were not the living people at all, he explained. After that, they went to the nearest police station to report this unusual thing, but nobody believed them.

But the very next day, the bus company issued a statement saying, “Last night, the final bus for Route 375 has vanished along with the driver and ticket lady.” The police immediately chased down that old man and the young man who were assumed to be mentally ill when they tried to raise the alarm earlier, and they were both interviewed on the news.
On the third day, the police revealed the allegedly missing bus 375 to be immersed in a water reservoir about 100 km away from its destination, Xiang-shan aka Fragrant Hills.

The Mysterious Circumstances Behind The Midnight Bus 375 Incident:
Inside the bus, there were three very badly decomposed corpses, and the mysteries surround this finding include:
  • The bus did not have enough petrol for it to keep going that far after a whole day’s worth of travel.
  • The police found that the petrol tank was filled with fresh blood instead of petrol!
  • The corpses found were too decomposed for just 48 hours, even if it was summer the process of decomposition would not be this quick. An autopsy confirmed that there has been no intentional meddling with the bodies.
  • The police went through all the security camera tapes set up for the various entrances to access the reservoir but have found nothing out of ordinary.
This urban legend can be found with various sequences in its other versions and it was the most popular of them all. However, the urban legend may have been based on a true story that could be related to a strange paranormal event, as well as it might be related to a real case of murder in Beijing.

In Indonesia, we have a lot of stories like that.

As well as the chronology of the event and explanation from the indigos.

It's all over YouTube if you understand Indonesian.

Last edited:
@Indos, you had posted a short horror vid. Can you repost it here ?

Sorry, indigos ?

Indigo child is the modern term of paranormal.

Young paranormal, especially those who live in the big city love to call themselves indigo children rather than paranormals.

I don't know if allowed to post gruesome videos in this forum, but Indonesian videos are much much gruesome compare with Western videos who usually just posting some sort of shadowing figures.

They talk much about the differences between the supernatural entities, from the devil, djinn, the soul of dead people, to the residual energies.

They also talk about angels and the heavens as well. Angels usually appear in the early morning, flying around in the sky or visiting some places. The archangel or high-rank angel usually has wings. But they don't talk much about heaven because it's forbidden. People in heaven are extremely cool and beautiful, nothing compares with humans. Even the lowest heaven all of them are as beautiful as K-Pop idols at their best appearance on TV. The city, the technology at minimum equal to the human city at the year 3000+ AD. All of them are very very kind and noble people.

@Indos, you had posted a short horror vid. Can you repost it here ?

Sorry, indigos ?

Forget which video is it, but we have several YT channel where horror become their specialization

This one is specialized in possession, but I see this one is very fake

This one specialize in Horror story

It was about a public bus.

Cant find it, but I have some true story here, my former oldest brother girl friend said to me that she can see Djin at one time. There are also story coming from my cousin about Kuntilanak while my oldest brother wife get possessed and it was quite difficult to pull out the Djin out from her body. It tooks weeks, but the problem solved after I said to her about the strength of the believer and that we should not feel afraid with satan since there is God beside us.

Cant find it, but I have some true story here, my former oldest brother girl friend said to me that she can see Djin at one time. There are also story coming from my cousin about Kuntilanak while my oldest brother wife get possessed and it was quite difficult to pull out the Djin out from her body. It tooks weeks, but the problem solved after I said to her about the strength of the believer and that we should not feel afraid with Satan since there is God beside us.

Hmm, so those were your personal experiences. Well, I don't usually believe in ghosts and such like but I too have an experience.

Years ago I used to work in a company where the office was also a multi-storey building used by some of us to stay there. One night I was alone and was sitting on one of the computers with my back to the rest of the house. Behind me I distinctly heard bare feet pattering down the staircase. I turned and saw nothing. I was so scared that I turned my face towards the rest of house and sat like that until my colleagues returned.

It was about a public bus.

I don't have the real explanation for the case above in China.

But in Indonesia, we have many similar stories, from the ghost bus to the ghost train.

The stories varied between accidentally riding a ghost bus, to a real bus but went to ghost dimension. Even on the train, like entering a non-existed train carriage, like for example carriage number 13, while in reality, the maximum number of carriage is 12.

Ghost can be good and evil. Good ghost will poke you, disturb you, to make you get out of the bus/train if the good ghost knows that some evil ghosts there want to take you away with them. You feel like the person (of good ghost) is annoying, but he actually helping you from being taken by the evil ghosts.

Ghost bus is not all of them are bad, some even take you to your destination. It's kinda weird, usually, a journey takes 10 hours, but you arrive earlier or very late (like missing for days). Inside the bus, it's extremely weird, because all of the passengers beside you just sit still with pale faces, unlike normal humans usually do. Sometimes there's the smell of blood inside the bus. You saw them as normal humans but pale, but if you ask the indigo child what their real look is, he will tell you that many of them have disfigured faces, bodies, and blood everywhere, that's why you smell blood. Usually, the ghost bus is an ex-accident bus with all or most passengers dead.

Some ghost videos, it's a mix between Indonesia's and non-Indonesia.

Warning, this is extremely scary!!!

Last edited:
Lol thats some fake video

Here some legit video, Indonesia reaity tv show Dunia Lain (Other World)
Winner of Best Reality Program, Asian Television Award 2004
Challange someone to stay in haunted place

This episode is the famous one "Lawang Sewu'
images.jpeg

Shot in Dutch office building in Central Java then Japan use the basement to torture / kill Indonesian

Edit: update new video with sub

This some real ghost capture on other episode

Last edited:
One time we were touring a very huge church as part of a 7-day bus tour. We passed by a section that was honoring a deceased priest that had worked and lived there all his life. I remember being naughty and stuck out my tongue. We went to another area of the Church and took pictures with a digital camera.

When we got back to the hotel. I looked at the pic of me in the church and I had no head... It was a digital camera. There couldn't have been any optical effects that could have made my head disappear. Really freaky stuff.

One of the HK most famous real story, back to 2008 IIRC a guy called 陶夫 , who liked to investigate and visit haunted sites, had found a wooden tombstone at backstair in a hotel, a place where only staffs would go there. The name of the tomb called 無主孤魂 " A unnamed ghost". 陶夫 was a regular invitee in a paranormal radio show who shared his experience every few weeks, but soon after he shared his new founding, he would never go to the radio show again and the host had refused to talk about it.
13221636_1245869218759282_6017253295091936505_n.jpg
13240773_1245869178759286_5243966263375635558_n.jpg

Until around 2017 IIRC, someone came out and explained what was happened. 陶夫 was committed suicide few months after the new founding. His wife told the one who explained the incident said that he had revisited the place multiple times before his death. So many suspected that was related to the tomb.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom