What's new

Unrequited love/ one- sided love -The pain

I got married in 2007. Everything was good when my wife decided we should live in Canada cuz she was canadian. I was not willing to move anywhere from Pakistan and she was not willing to stay here cuz all her family is in canada and besides she love that place.

Its been over 2 years now we havent talked. She loves canada and I love Pakistan so we both living in countries we love. I know what shes going through and she knows what am going through but I have no intentions of leaving Pakistan for anyone and maybe she has the same feelings for Canada.

maybe we should move to Morocco cuz it seems to be in the middle :D

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I got married in 2007. Everything was good when my wife decided we should live in Canada cuz she was canadian. I was not willing to move anywhere from Pakistan and she was not willing to stay here cuz all her family is in canada and besides she love that place.

Its been over 2 years now we havent talked. She loves canada and I love Pakistan so we both living in countries we love. I know what shes going through and she knows what am going through but I have no intentions of leaving Pakistan for anyone and maybe she has the same feelings for Canada.

maybe we should move to Morocco cuz it seems to be in the middle.

Any suggestions?

This thing should have been sorted out before marriage ... Either you both are very egoistic or there is not enough of that feeling in your relationship ...

Anyway, if you are earning enough in Pakistan than i don't see any reason why you should move to Canada unless you are happy being Joru ka Ghulam ...

If there is no way to convince her ... Apna apna rasta lo ... no point wasting these precious years in pointless ego battles ...

The missed call by the ex.

What in the world is wrong with ex's..
does the phrase.. ITS OVER..
mean nothing.. hello.. it hurt a lot.. but it over.. Im ok with it.
So out of the blue.. a few months later.. you get the innocuous forwarded SMS..
So you think sure.. maybe I am still on her contacts...whatever and back to looking at boring technical Pdf's..the day goes on..

Having your cup of tea in the evening.. and the phone gives the tell tale single vibration of a missed call.. you think its your miser of a brother.. about to be 16...loaded with credit.. and yet wont have the courtesy to call you..
But whoa... wait.. who's number is.. ohhk.. it "her" number.... why is it "her" number.. wait wait.. maybe its just a mistake.. she messaged me.. pressed the green button by mistake.. yada yada..
(back in the head.. a sad song from kuch kuch hota hai inadvertently starts playing.. I have really bad taste.. or my sub conscious at least..)
...ah...lets divert our attention.. some youtube in the office whilst pretending to analyze speech patterns.. or a quick browse of PDF would do the trick..
and the beat goes on..

8:30 ... waiting for dinner.. and spending time trying to teach the pet macaw a few things.. when I hear the faint tune of David bowie's "rebel rebel" .. my ringtone going off in the distant corner of the house..
Must be the Takaful insurance guy I suppose...I told him I cant come up with the deposit amount that quickly....
Pick the phone.. and am aghast.. it "her" number again.. ok.. now its fishy(ironically.. her name has the word fish in it...)....
So how does one reply to a missed call.. not one.. but two...
(damn sub-conscious is playing out romantic scenarios again..must stop it..).
Lets see..
I could say .. "Hi.. is everything ok".. but that sounds like I still care..
I could say.. "You gave me a missed call.. why?".. but that'll look just pure mean..
..so the best I could come up with.. is the simplest.. "?"...
message sent.. the inevitable curiosity of expecting a reply takes over..
30 minutes.. gone.. a non-chalant peek at the phone.. nope.. nothing..
an hour.. and hour and fifteen minutes..two hours.. and I forget about it in the engrossing story of red dead redemption on my xbox..

So its in the bed.. have to be in the office today at 9.. means waking up at 7..

12:45 at night..
I am half asleep.. if not for the howling jackals... and my roosters inappropriate calls...when a little buzz.. and a polite ping from the cell phone..
"I LOVE YOU"..
OOhhkk.. that was subtle.. the imagination has already gone on overdrive..
Everything from some bad SRK scenes..
to the steamy reunion from the movie "notebook" comes to mind..
How does one reply to this..
On one side the heart is about to break out with old ideas of "the one"..
and the brain is saying "you are better off without her"..

in the end.. its late... the brain works the whole day.. and the heart wins out..
open the keypad.. and type " I love you too babe"..and send...(yeah its cheesy.. but why not trying being suave.. even though I suck at it..)..
press send..and .... wait.. its not going.. hmm.. oh.. yeah.. I have a low balance.. that just perfect.. and I took my loan already...
well.. it was good while it lasted.. put the phone aside.. sigh..and sleep.

1:45Am
David bowie's riffs playing.. I curse the network.. only 5 hours of usable sleep..with the prayer routine in the middle as well..
oh good.. its her number..
throw the damn phone to the other side of the bed.. sub-conscious active again.... Oh.. how I hate her..

This thread is becoming quite popular isnt it..

Back
Top Bottom