What's new

Unnamed IPL player tests positive

Nafees

Reaction score
Source: BBC SPORT | Cricket | Unnamed IPL player tests positive

The International Cricket Council has confirmed that an unnamed player tested positive for a banned substance in the recent Indian Premier League season.

The tests were carried out under the supervision of the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada), after the IPL adopted the ICC's code on doping.

Checks will now be made to establish if the player in question had been taking any pre-declared prescribed drugs.

If not, the player will be informed and a 'B' sample sent for testing.

If that too were to prove positive the matter would be taken up by the IPL's drugs tribunal.

The committee will study the issue and take a decision, for which there will be a separate appeals tribunal.

IPL commissioner Lalit Modi said: "As of now we are at the first stage where one sample has tested positive. The issue is now with the IPL's medical committee.

"The identity of the player will matter only after we check on the pre-declared drugs."

Well, its not a Pakistani, thank God.
Probably an Indian, domestic player or international.

Not so soon my friend it was Suspected Asif the pakistani pacer took drugs now its confirmed

Yeah, I just found out. I don't think he did anything of the sort, though. For some reason I've never liked Asif, but I'm sure that this is false and he's being set up as he was set up in Dubai.

How do we know its not a Pakistani? Wait for the result.

Because if it had been a Pakistani, the BCCI would have been in a huge rush to make it public and blow it out of proportion.

But now we find out its Asif that they are setting up.

Because if it had been a Pakistani, the BCCI would have been in a huge rush to make it public and blow it out of proportion.

You are contradicting yourself.

Yeah, I just found out. I don't think he did anything of the sort, though. For some reason I've never liked Asif, but I'm sure that this is false and he's being set up as he was set up in Dubai.

This is final confirmation :

Cricinfo - Asif tested positive during IPL

He was a good player I do not know why he used drugs :hitwall:. Anyway drugs did not help him in IPL. Whats more he was caught red-handed in Dubai too.

Now atleast his IPL career is Doomed.

The tests were carried out by IDTM, a Sweden-based independent agency, in accordance with World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) standards after the IPL adopted the ICC's anti-doping code. The samples were forwarded to a WADA-approved laboratory in Switzerland for testing.

If the 'B' sample is also positive, the matter will be taken up by the IPL's drugs tribunal, comprising of Sunil Gavaskar, Dr Ravi Bapat (ex-Vice Chancellor of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) and lawyer Shirish Gupte. The tribunal will study the issue and take a decision in accordance with the code.

Asif, along with Shoaib Akhtar, had tested positive for banned steroid nandrolone in PCB's internal tests ahead of the Champions Trophy. He was banned for one year, which was overturned on appeal. Asif also cleared a dope test in August 2007 ahead of the World Twenty20 in South Africa.

^^^unfortunately once a druggie always a druggie - it is shameful - kamran abbasi put it quite well - "from mcgrath to mug" - what a waste of god-given talent!

Well he was tested negative in Dubai, so really i have no clue.

One thing is now open for Asif to appeal for 'B-test'. If everything goes well then he can be relieved.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom