What's new

UNKNOWN A/C

hassan bro image is not coming on my page please refix it.

Hasan, this is a C-82 Packet transport aircraft of the world war II. C-82 has never been operated by the PAF. Below picture was taken at the Tucson International Airport in 1987. The roundal is not of PAF.

Last edited:
hassan bro image is not coming on my page please refix it.
perhaps this help

31e29eea2c67063bbff6016a30c2754b.png

If u can see closly(near the wheels), u will be able to see the word "United States Air Force". The roundal doesnt have anything to do with PAF.

The image makes me think of "Talespin", but with wheels:D

74e7bd40c685a68c090d1383af031390.jpg

Hi,
ahh good old times i think the one in Tales pin was called as Sea Duck? so is it safe to say this one is a Land Duck :lol:

Tale spin was actually one of my fav shows after school with some popcorn.....god that pic reminded me of the jolly days when all the work u had to do was going 2 school

thats C-82A-20-FA s/n: 44-23033 you can see most of the serial number on the tail, probably from bobs airpark Tucson Arizona in the 80's by 1999 it was looking like this so hard to get a better shot of the roundel.

cadb3eef6981d99cd6dd886681aa682e.jpg

C-82 Flying Packet. Not a WWII plane but a post war A/c. India was one of the users of this a/c tll very recetly. The roundal can be an Indian roundal with some fading?????

Thought I would share this with you all -- BTW this aircrft was extensively used by Air America during its Laotian Ops. They sometimes used unconventional markings of other countries to confuse!!!

C-82 Flying Packet. Not a WWII plane but a post war A/c. India was one of the users of this a/c tll very recetly. The roundal can be an Indian roundal with some fading?????

Thought I would share this with you all -- BTW this aircrft was extensively used by Air America during its Laotian Ops. They sometimes used unconventional markings of other countries to confuse!!!

Actually what the US used in Laos was the C-119 (flying boxcar) which replaced the C-82 flying packet. The boxcars were frequently mistaken for the packet.

Back
Top Bottom