What's new

United States messed up Pakistan - Clinton

"Up" hata kar "With" tu lagaday messed aur pakistan kay beech may :flame:

Oh, really? I never knew that. Thanks for the fascinating insight, Ms. Clinton.

My friend this video is at least TEN YEARS OLD. This is not Secretary of State Hilary Clinton talking , this is Senator Clinton talking.

And I submit to you that THE TRUTH! can be a funny thing.

As Col. Nathan Jessup (aka Jack Nicholson) might put it: hearing Ms Clinton speak of US 'messing' up Pakistan in 1980's is NOT the whole truth, but a half truth. A more complete truth is that Uniformed & Turbaned power players who have lorded over Pakistan have been too eager to join any US bandwagon to be able to get invites to the Gymkhana Club..if you know what I mean?
These plutocrats could have striven to bargain a better deal for their homeland at every turn. They invariably chose personal perks and privileges over longterm gains for their own nation, her abiding interests and betterment of her peoples. So when the great Kayani and your current management use such phrases as "not in Pakistan's interests" etc, people tend to be skeptical.

So a more complete truth would have been, "US messed up Pakistan....because Absolutist General Zia wished to bargain "peanuts" with Carter and then Reagan administration; the clean-shaven, closet Islamist that he was; he strove to sup with the house of Saud through his personal contacts with Hashemite Abbey (sic).

Past is a different country. Looking ahead, Pakistan has some clear choices. US can no longer afford to cozy up with strongmen (Zia\Musharraf\Mubarak) in pivotal SouthWest-Asian nations like Pakistan because of demographics and information-age. Secondly Paks are very 'chum' with China. So the only working relationship US and Pakistan can have involves Pakistan playing grown-up with Indians & Afghanistan. If you are astute businessmen, then quickly open trade channels with Central Asia & beyond inorder to make yourself indispensable before Indians make you irrelevant by opening Chabahar railway+Highway to Central Asia. Otherwise, it might just be worth your while to play the grouchy Grinch and further cozy up with China, Iran - it has worked in the past for Myanmar, Vietnam and Gemal Nassir's Egypt. Play wisely, stakes are HIGH. "PLAYER DISCRETION ADVISED".

My friend this video is at least TEN YEARS OLD. This is not Secretary of State Hilary Clinton talking , this is Senator Clinton talking.
Pakistanisage, Hillary Clinton’s views have not changed. Here’s a small part of the interview Secretary of State Clinton’s did with Van Susteren of Fox news.

VAN SUSTEREN: So you think if we walked away from this and didn't give them the money today, it would be worse for us from a security standpoint?

CLINTON: I do. We are building a relationship that did not exist. I said in our last trip that you were with me that we had a huge trust deficit, because the United States had to be fair, we had helped to create the problem we are now fighting.

VAN SUSTEREN: How?

CLINTON: Because when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan we had this brilliant idea we were going to come to Pakistan and create a force of mujahedeen and equip them with stinger missiles and everything else to go after the Soviets inside Afghanistan.

And we were successful. The Soviets left Afghanistan, and then we said great, good-bye, leaving these trained people, who were fanatical, in Afghanistan and Pakistan, leaving them well-armed, creating a mess, frankly, that at the time we didn't really recognize, we were just so happy to see the Soviet Union fall and we thought fine we are OK now everything is going to be so much better. Now you look back. The people we are fighting today, we were supporting in the fight the soviets.

Here’s the video of the interview:

Jul 19, 2010
[video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/4286340/hillary-clinton-on-the-record-from-pakistan[/video]

Its not US that messed up pakistan. Its the pakistanis who messed up their own country with their attitude. We can only talk about patriotism and love for the country, but when it comes to actually taking actions we all chicken out and dont do anything. we elect corrupt leaders again and again and than wonder why our country is going downhill.

Back
Top Bottom