What's new

Uncanny resemblance: Is Balochistan the next Bangladesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think of inviting @irfanBaloch to the party yet? :partay:
Wakey, wakey... Fajr time in Quetta. Perhaps too early. Reply after a good cup of tea.

By the way we have Irfan Baloch, perhaps more representation of Balochs and Sindhis needed here? Anyone consider?

I might sound like a grouch for bringing in race too often... but Nationalism is for everyone and our country isn't supposed to be a state for one ethnic or religious group.

We shouldn't give people the excuse of being able to say that people from one of our provinces were missing.
@Article... basically I agree with the fact that resources are @Irfan Baloch when you do get down to reply do tell me what you think about the fact that only 15% of the Frontier Corps operating in Balochistan are ethnic Baloch.

To a (Pakistani) Nationalist person like me race does not really matter or is not to be taken seriously... I would look at this with a careless non-chalance and say who cares, we're all Pakistanis and that race may be have a disproportionate role in some other tier of governance... but Irfan issue is with the rest? What would they think of this?... we are feeding Shahzain, Sohaib Mengal and others with policies of neglect. There are problems that exist which allow them to recruit and strengthen...

I have managed to collect data on the Taliban's recruitment strength and how they use the desperate or kidnap kids for my book Badal but need an insiders insight about the situation in Balochistan. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
India will not support separation of Baluchistan.
A) There is no threat to India.
B) It will destabilize Pakistan, which in turn will not be good for India.
C) India is not interested.
D) Pakistan is nuclear power now.

Without external support Baluchistan cause will not fly. At best there will be minor attacks.

Anyone think of inviting @irfanBaloch to the party yet? :partay:
Wakey, wakey... Fajr time in Quetta. Perhaps too early. Reply after a good cup of tea.

By the way we have Irfan Baloch, perhaps more representation of Balochs and Sindhis needed here? Anyone consider?

I might sound like a grouch for bringing in race too often... but Nationalism is for everyone and our country isn't supposed to be a state for one ethnic or religious group.

We shouldn't give people the excuse of being able to say that people from one of our provinces were missing.
@Article... basically I agree with the fact that resources are @Irfan Baloch when you do get down to reply do tell me what you think about the fact that only 15% of the Frontier Corps operating in Balochistan are ethnic Baloch.

To a (Pakistani) Nationalist person like me race does not really matter or is not to be taken seriously... I would look at this with a careless non-chalance and say who cares, we're all Pakistanis and that race may be have a disproportionate role in some other tier of governance... but Irfan issue is with the rest? What would they think of this?... we are feeding Shahzain, Sohaib Mengal and others with policies of neglect. There are problems that exist which allow them to recruit and strengthen...

I have managed to collect data on the Taliban's recruitment strength and how they use the desperate or kidnap kids for my book Badal but need an insiders insight about the situation in Balochistan. Thanks

I am not aware of the ethnic makeup of the Frontier force. the officers are pooled from Pakistan army who come from every corner of Pakistan. dont confuse the percentage with the name of the force, Sindh and Punjab regiments have troops from other ethnicities as well. 15% shows a good diversity of the force if this number is correct although I doubt it because I guess that other ethnicities like Pashtons, Berahvi & hazara etc who are native to balochistan are ignored in the number?

I am inclined to rubbish the idea that FC is employed mainly by non Baloch because it just cant operate without the local people. I would agree at JCO/ NCO level for training and at officer level because thats the norm with all other military and para military forces in Pakistan.

the foreign hostile forces will loose their sting if we address the real issues like sectarian attacks on minorities the mistreatment by tribal chieftains on their people and the lack of development. time and again we go for the same tribal chiefs to form a government who have no interest in the development of their area. Balochistan needs its own version of MQM/ PTI where young & able people from its grass roots rise up and break the monopoly of the chieftains and actually do something for their Provence instead of bickering over the lack of everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another piece of crap, from a tabloid.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom