What's new

UN Human Development Index (2015 ranking)

Didnt expect Sri Lanka higher than China. Best country to live for in South Asia :)

It has been a High HDI ranked nation for a few years now, But given it's social reforms of nearly 40 years in the making the rank is quite disappointing to say the least, With the end of the civil war there is hope that marginalized communities would also be benefited from those programs

It has been a High HDI ranked nation for a few years now, But given it's social reforms of nearly 40 years in the making the rank is quite disappointing to say the least, With the end of the civil war there is hope that marginalized communities would also be benefited from those programs
Sri Lanka can get as good as Hong Kong in future. An island nation next to a huge market. If only there was some sense in Indian politicians the civil war could have been avoided and it would have been beneficial for both India and Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka can get as good as Hong Kong in future. An island nation next to a huge market. If only there was some sense in Indian politicians the civil war could have been avoided and it would have been beneficial for both India and Sri Lanka.

LOL..... it was the High HDI Sri Lankans who decided that Tamils did not deserve equal rights, not Indian politicians :lol:

Seriously Pakistan has to get its shit together, both India and Bangladesh has advanced to Medium HDI while we are stuck in the lower HDI. I don't think stupid projects like Metro and Orange train can solve this, start spending on the humans for God sake.
I think pakistan's HDI is affected by low education... other parameters are comparable ..
ontopic: From the list ireland looks attractive. cant believe USA is above UK.

Can somebody list and compare countries' HDI exact numbers out of 1.00?

Although, Iran since the revolution back in 1979 was under the most unprecedented all-aspect sanctions
and
Although the longest war of the 20th century (8 years) was imposed on Iran,

I find it quite disappointing to see Iran as an Upper High HDI nation... Iran has to be in Very High HDI by now...

Iranians are working hard to gain more, it is so hard to compete in this world though...

I am very disappointed about Iran

Back
Top Bottom