What's new

Umme Rubab – A Brave Daughter Of Pakistan Who Walked Barefoot To Court, Seeking Justice!

aamirzs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
https://www.samaa.tv/news/humanrigh...-barefoot-in-court-against-the-feudal-system/

A Sindhi woman walked barefoot to court to protest against the control of tribal chiefs in the province.

rubab-444x480-1-538x480.jpg

A picture of Umme Rubab walking out of a court barefoot has been shared on social media since Sunday night.

The 20-year-old belongs to a town in Sindh’s Dadu district. Her father, grandfather and uncle were murdered by tribal chieftains in 2018. The accused murderers are currently serving as MPAs in the Sindh Assembly, according to social right activist Jibran Nasir.

“I was helpless. These sardars and feudal lords have taken my entire family,” she told SAMAA TV on its programme Naya Din on Monday. “I have been fighting the case for 15 months and the suspects are still out on interim bail.”

She said that the suspects have threatened her and even opened fire on her family members to stop her from pursuing the case.

“I request the army chief to take notice of this and help me get justice,” she plead.

Rubab said that her father was killed because he challenged the ‘Sardari nizam [tribal chieftain system]’. He formed a council, the Tamandar Council, to fight the system. “My dad said that our religion and law gives us rights and he wanted to secure those rights for us,” she said, adding that the sardars didn’t like this as they want to control everything.

“They targeted my father to silence us,” she added.

Rubab vowed to continue seeking justice and asked people to help her in her mission.

https://www.samaa.tv/news/humanrigh...-barefoot-in-court-against-the-feudal-system/

A Sindhi woman walked barefoot to court to protest against the control of tribal chiefs in the province.

A picture of Umme Rubab walking out of a court barefoot has been shared on social media since Sunday night.

The 20-year-old belongs to a town in Sindh’s Dadu district. Her father, grandfather and uncle were murdered by tribal chieftains in 2018. The accused murderers are currently serving as MPAs in the Sindh Assembly, according to social right activist Jibran Nasir.

“I was helpless. These sardars and feudal lords have taken my entire family,” she told SAMAA TV on its programme Naya Din on Monday. “I have been fighting the case for 15 months and the suspects are still out on interim bail.”

She said that the suspects have threatened her and even opened fire on her family members to stop her from pursuing the case.

“I request the army chief to take notice of this and help me get justice,” she plead.

Rubab said that her father was killed because he challenged the ‘Sardari nizam [tribal chieftain system]’. He formed a council, the Tamandar Council, to fight the system. “My dad said that our religion and law gives us rights and he wanted to secure those rights for us,” she said, adding that the sardars didn’t like this as they want to control everything.

Rubab vowed to continue seeking justice and asked people to help her in her mission.
Waderas in Sindh can get away with every hideous crime , there is no telling what they do in their respective villages , common farmers are persecuted mercilessly in rural areas of Sindh but nobody raises their voice and the one who does ends up dead , its good she has stepped up and raised her voice , JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED

i am surprised someone has not targeted her

these waderas are against the education of people, they know through education they can strive for their rights and will not become slaves of these waderas, Anyway may justice be served rightly and May Allah protect you from any evil which is or will be planned against you

ppp the so called party of the people :D. Cannot weight to see the dynasty of Bhutto to end along with all touts and Sardars who basically were paid by British to control the masses

@BHarwana ... Isn't it a collective failure of our civil institutions that common people look to military for everything, including justice?

My friend why are you asking me? Look around you. This country has been thrown into such a system that you cannot imagine. For past 3 decades every one looted this country and did corruption.
I voted imran Khan for end to this system and I will give him his time to end corruption at lower level because that effects the common man.

images (32).jpeg

Pakistan, a nation full of brave daughters, who follow the example of women such as Fatima Ali Jinnah, Begum Rana Liaquat Ali Khan and of course, the slain ex-Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto.

Even though the daughters of this nation might be suppressed by widespread, never-ending patriarchy that runs in our blood, customs, and traditions, this new wave of women waking up in the country to seek justice on all forums is a step in the right direction.

images (33).jpeg

The brave daughter of Pakistan who has made headlines recently is a girl from Sindh, a young lawyer named Umme Rubab, who is seeking justice for her family, which was wronged by a powerful tribe in interior Sindh.

A widespread Facebook post suggested that Umme Rubab went to court, fighting her own family’s case, barefoot, in a bid to launch her protest and show people that she would go to any limit to get a deserving decision. Umme Rubab has been fighting her family’s case for 2 years, trying to suppress the mighty Chandio tribe of Sindh who vanquished three members of her family, her grandfather, her father, and her uncle.

Rubab was a law student when tragedy struck her family, and today, she is a lawyer herself, who had the courage to stand up against the evil that prevails in our society, where the powerful roam freely, while the innocent stay mum in fear.

The incident changed Umme Rubab’s life altogether and she decided to take her family’s fate into her own hands. While the men in her family suggested she stayed silent over all the atrocities they had gone through, so no more casualties come their way, Rubab attended many protests alone, seeking justice, trying to get the word out on what she had been through.

When no one came to her support, she became her own strength and decided to fight influentials from her area. The other day, Rubab was pictured and recorded going to court barefoot, showcasing the lengths she was ready to go to. The video went viral on social media and people from all over the country commended her for her courage, resilience, and guts.

View attachment 562294

Pakistan, a nation full of brave daughters, who follow the example of women such as Fatima Ali Jinnah, Begum Rana Liaquat Ali Khan and of course, the slain ex-Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto.

Even though the daughters of this nation might be suppressed by widespread, never-ending patriarchy that runs in our blood, customs, and traditions, this new wave of women waking up in the country to seek justice on all forums is a step in the right direction.

View attachment 562295

The brave daughter of Pakistan who has made headlines recently is a girl from Sindh, a young lawyer named Umme Rubab, who is seeking justice for her family, which was wronged by a powerful tribe in interior Sindh.

A widespread Facebook post suggested that Umme Rubab went to court, fighting her own family’s case, barefoot, in a bid to launch her protest and show people that she would go to any limit to get a deserving decision. Umme Rubab has been fighting her family’s case for 2 years, trying to suppress the mighty Chandio tribe of Sindh who vanquished three members of her family, her grandfather, her father, and her uncle.

Rubab was a law student when tragedy struck her family, and today, she is a lawyer herself, who had the courage to stand up against the evil that prevails in our society, where the powerful roam freely, while the innocent stay mum in fear.

The incident changed Umme Rubab’s life altogether and she decided to take her family’s fate into her own hands. While the men in her family suggested she stayed silent over all the atrocities they had gone through, so no more casualties come their way, Rubab attended many protests alone, seeking justice, trying to get the word out on what she had been through.

When no one came to her support, she became her own strength and decided to fight influentials from her area. The other day, Rubab was pictured and recorded going to court barefoot, showcasing the lengths she was ready to go to. The video went viral on social media and people from all over the country commended her for her courage, resilience, and guts.

unbelievable courage a 20 year old and extreme mature approach, raising voice against centuries old feudal system ............ need courage and sacrifice. a female going bare feet in court is big thing in islamic culture, where if she don t get justice , her innocence leave curse on qazi or judge.

Waderas in Sindh can get away with every hideous crime , there is no telling what they do in their respective villages , common farmers are persecuted mercilessly in rural areas of Sindh but nobody raises their voice and the one who does ends up dead , its good she has stepped up and raised her voice , JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED

It's same everywhere if you are influential no one can touch you
like Altaf Hussain murderer of thousands
Still no one can touch him

unbelievable courage a 20 year old and extreme mature approach, raising voice against centuries old feudal system ............ need courage and sacrifice. a female going bare feet in court is big thing in islamic culture, where if she don t get justice , her innocence leave curse on qazi or judge.

Someone said above she is a lawyer

It's same everywhere if you are influential no one can touch you
like Altaf Hussain murderer of thousands
Still no one can touch him

Someone said above she is a lawyer
doesn t matter, she fighting this war alone. imagine a 20 years old alone vs a very strong deep rooted feudal system.

70 years have passed ,yet we have not ended feudalism. Sardars of Sindh- Balochistan are the worst enemies of Pakistan. Having illiterate tribal followers and irrigated lands in Kilometers , they get easily elected. Whosoever go against their will ,they are either killed or arrested. Their corruptions are often unchecked due to their influence . They have created state within state .They are the major players on depriving people of basic facilities and their ignorant followers blame state for all problems. Our state top leadership should think on this issue .

Back
Top Bottom