What's new

Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant is to deliver 2 Mi-171 helicopters to Pakistan

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score

2 Mi-171 helicopters were accepted at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, which are to be delivered for antinarcotics service of Pakistan. Representatives of the acceptance team expressed their satisfaction with the produced helicopters and results of their visit to Ulan-Ude. Also they pointed out great production potential and high quality of the output products, which are being operated by Pakistan long enough.

The first batch of Mi-171 helicopters Pakistan purchased at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant in 2001 for its Army Aviation and Air Force needs. The helicopters well-reputed themselves during operation and became highly appreciated by Pakistan. Army and PAF flying and technical personnel expressed their satisfaction with quality and performance of the helicopters manufactured by U-UAP. The favorable operational experience is the one the main reasons wherefore Pakistan keeps on buying Mi-171 helicopters at U-UAP. Besides the country has bought some helicopter batches more for various services. About 30 Mi-171 helicopters have been delivered to Pakistan to date.

Shipment of the helicopters for antinarcotics service of Pakistan is scheduled for April 2008.

Rotorhub: The Information Hub of the Helicopter Industry

2 Mi-171 helicopters were accepted at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant, which are to be delivered for antinarcotics service of Pakistan. Representatives of the acceptance team expressed their satisfaction with the produced helicopters and results of their visit to Ulan-Ude. Also they pointed out great production potential and high quality of the output products, which are being operated by Pakistan long enough.

The first batch of Mi-171 helicopters Pakistan purchased at Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant in 2001 for its Army Aviation and Air Force needs. The helicopters well-reputed themselves during operation and became highly appreciated by Pakistan. Army and PAF flying and technical personnel expressed their satisfaction with quality and performance of the helicopters manufactured by U-UAP. The favorable operational experience is the one the main reasons wherefore Pakistan keeps on buying Mi-171 helicopters at U-UAP. Besides the country has bought some helicopter batches more for various services. About 30 Mi-171 helicopters have been delivered to Pakistan to date.

Shipment of the helicopters for antinarcotics service of Pakistan is scheduled for April 2008.

Rotorhub: The Information Hub of the Helicopter Industry

thx Neo this is great news - why i say this is that India was putting political pressure on Russia/Ukraine (manufacturers of the Mi-17I) to discontinue supply to pakistan.
Mi-17I has proved its worth to the armed forces with its utility and robust built.

Are there any plans to aquire more Mi17s?

Are there any plans to aquire more Mi17s?

i believe the PA would like to replace their PUMA helicopters with the more rugged, robust and cheaper Mi-17Ish.
so yes expect more Mi-17s

thx Neo this is great news - why i say this is that India was putting political pressure on Russia/Ukraine (manufacturers of the Mi-17I) to discontinue supply to pakistan.
Mi-17I has proved its worth to the armed forces with its utility and robust built.

This means that india suffered another back lash as they were unable to stop the deliveries. I'm loving it.
Anyways IMO i think we should raise this issue with the indian PM when he comes to pakistan that why is india having problems everytime pakistan decides to get something from the military point of view specially when this whole confidence building measure thing is going on. It doesnt matter though because everytime india tried to so do, they failed miserably, still its better to know your enemy rather waiting to be hit when it shows the real face.

You're welcome mate. :cheers:

b17768ded74b52491b28213fc43d1b08.jpg

Hi,

It is understood between russia and pakistan that pakistan may not buy russian equipment that have any offensive capabilities against india at this time---eg---like strike aircraft, navy ships, submarines, tanks.

Russians have an inherent mistrust of pakistan for the known reasons. The only way the russians will start trusting us is once we get economically stronger and a stable country.

India didnot suffer any set backs in this case---please let us not exaggerate our position---now if russia sold us the S 400 missile defence system----I would say hallelujah to that---now that would be a set back for indian relationship with russia.

Hi,

It is understood between russia and pakistan that pakistan may not buy russian equipment that have any offensive capabilities against india at this time---eg---like strike aircraft, navy ships, submarines, tanks.

Russians have an inherent mistrust of pakistan for the known reasons. The only way the russians will start trusting us is once we get economically stronger and a stable country.

India didnot suffer any set backs in this case---please let us not exaggerate our position---now if russia sold us the S 400 missile defence system----I would say hallelujah to that---now that would be a set back for indian relationship with russia.

I tend to disagree with you sir! The point is if these things were not important as your post suggests, india would have never tried to block them at the first place. Considering the reality that russia and india were long strategic partners and then again looking at the fact that russia did allowed the re-export of the RD-93 engine and now with the export of Mi-171 indeed points out towards the breaking of ice. However i do agree with you that no major breakthrough has happened interms of cooperation between the two countries in defense field, Still i believe that with time and specially if india decides to go for a western jet for their MRCA role which is very much likely, we might be seeing some major breakthroughs interms of military cooperation.

I believe that Pakistan should have tried to purchase the C-47 Chinook Helicopter than the Mi 171. The Chinooks were used in October 05 when an earthquake struck Kashmir, the roads at the time were unpassable, and the Chinook are best suited for these conditions

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_21.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_19_a.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_9.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_5.jpg

I believe that Pakistan should have tried to purchase the C-47 Chinook Helicopter than the Mi 171. The Chinooks were used in October 05 when an earthquake struck Kashmir, the roads at the time were unpassable, and the Chinook are best suited for these conditions

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_21.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_19_a.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_9.jpg

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/news/Pakistan/Pakistan_5.jpg

pakistan can buy 2 Mi-17s for the price of one C-47. the russian model is just too good.

Mi-17 is as capable and rugged as chinook.
Russia is dependent on Indian money to R/D offensive weapon. Would not like to irk the $$$ flow by selling them to Pakistan.
Saudis were intrested in customized 5th gen fighter proposing to standardise entire gulf airforces with and they tend to shovel cash as per demand however Russia refused due to Indian pressue.

its just because of the fact that the Mi-17 V7 cost much less than those U.S or E.U ones. And their over all maintainence cost is much lower as compared to others. I hope that PA will eventually acquire the Mi-17 as their only primary Medium Lift Chopper about 150(46 old+104 new ones).

Mi-17 is a medium lift copter, whereas Mi-26 / Chinook can be considered as a heavy lift Helis. I've read in the chinese forum that China and Russia in joint venture to produce a Heavy Lift Heli that could be based on Mi-26....
I guess once that is available PA can get some units in.

Back
Top Bottom