What's new

Ukraine Defence Forum

Does that model of "Ukrainian prototype self-propelled howitzer" come with a name or type indication?

pTaK5JONhjw.jpg

Does that model of "Ukrainian prototype self-propelled howitzer" come with a name or type indication?

Data for the new Ukrainian self-propelled howitzer are unknown and are kept secret. There is only an assumption, that the new Ukrainian production of self-propelled howitzer Ukrainian private enterprise "Kharkov Tractor Plant named after Sergo Ordzhonikidze" will further the development of Soviet work on the theme of "Airframe"

9430eddfc3f9t.jpg

and Soviet self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Carnation".
sau_ukr_7.jpg

Name and caliber of guns of a new Ukrainian self-propelled howitzers are kept secret.
sau_ukr_2.jpg

538381_original.jpg

Armored Car SRM-1 "Kozak" production Ukrainian private enterprise "Scientific-Production Association "Practika" ("Practice")

700880_original.jpg

Main Battle Tank T-64BM Bulat Armed Forces of Ukraine with the inscription "For Ukraine !!!" during the fighting Russian-Ukrainian War

Ukraine will give Thailand a new party T-84 BM "Oplot-T"
zim201608 (14).png

From next week at the Malyshev Plant will begin transmission of a new party tanks T-84 BM "Oplot-T" under the contract with Kingdom of Thailand.

This is reported by experts SC "Ukrspetsexport" accompanying military-technical cooperation between the two countries. Both enterprises are part of the state concern "Ukroboronprom."

"Working with the Thai delegation receiving a new batch of T-84 BM "Oplot-T" will start on Monday. Customers also examine the rest of the tanks, the production of which is in various stages of readiness, "- said in DC" Ukrspetsekport. "

Under the contract, Ukraine has put Thailand 49 tanks T-84 BM "Oplot-T" . By mutual consent of the two parties, delivery dates were pushed in autumn 2017. Such a consensus decision was taken because of fighting in eastern Ukraine.

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%8B%D0%BC%D1%8F%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B91-png.368548

sau_ukr_2-jpg.368585

ptak5jonhjw-jpg.368573

So, the model nearest to the camera is the Soviet-era self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Carnation" / "Gvozdika ". Seeing as how recently a 6x6 vehicle with the turret thereof was displayed, I presume that means Ukraine can produce that 'as is' and/or in modified (modernized) form. The new tracked SPGH would be the vehicle farthest from the camera. The hull looks very similar to 2S1 but the turret is new, and seems to feature a large blow-off panel, possibly over an autoloader.
Perhaps one based on this:
9430eddfc3f9t-jpg.368584

However, the chasis appears more 'Carnation'-like than associated with T-84 BM Oplot. (I admit that is purely on the basis of visual comparison, but still....I'ld expect a T-84 based vehicle to look more like 2S19 MSTA)

Last edited:
So, the model nearest to the camera is the Soviet-era self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Carnation" / "Gvozdika ". Seeing as how recently a 6x6 vehicle with the turret thereof was displayed, I p[resume that means Ukraine can produce that 'as is' and/or in modified (modernized) form.
-RGm1mpRDG0.jpg

New Ukrainian howitzer is not quite 2S1 "Carnation"/ "Gvozdika" . Please note - model self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Carnation" / "Gvozdika" placed in the middle, and the prototype of a new model of Ukrainian self-propelled howitzer is located right in the photo

document_1_1.jpg

In November, 2016 Ukrainian Engineering Group "Area" patented utility model of the tank with remotely controlled weapon "T-REX"
document_1_2.jpg

- "Armata in the Ukrainian style"

lJu4yhLFJCw.jpg

Main Battle Tank T-64BV Armed Forces
zgdpE82Fm1k.jpg

of Ukraine during the fighting Russian-Ukrainian War

View attachment 368648
New Ukrainian howitzer is not quite 2S1 "Carnation"/ "Gvozdika" . Please note - model self-propelled howitzer 2S1 "Carnation" / "Gvozdika" placed in the middle, and the prototype of a new model of Ukrainian self-propelled howitzer is located right in the photo
As I stated, "it looks similar to 2S1" in general layout, but at least 'with a different turret'. Concerning the chassis, I don't think that looks very T-84-ish.
sau_ukr_2-jpg.368585

The vehicle/chasis layout features engine front, driver left, centre mounted engine with air intake behind driver in both the new SPGH and the venerable 2S1.

SO, is there any documentation with this model?

Main Battle Tanks T-64BV Armed Forces
of Ukraine
7816982.jpg

during the fighting Russian-Ukrainian War

Back
Top Bottom