The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UK forced to depend on US & Canadian spy planes to watch Russians
Published time: 14 Feb, 2017 14:26

58a2efcec4618837758b456f.jpg

U.S. Navy Poseidon P8 maritime surveillance aircraft taxis. © Jason Reed / Reuters

The Nimrod had been plagued with safety concerns, particularly after a crash attributed to equipment failure in Afghanistan in 2006, which claimed the lives of 12 airmen, a Royal Marine and a soldier.

Scottish National Party (SNP) MP Douglas Chapman told the Mirror that “having to get the begging bowl out illustrates how short-sighted it was to scrap Nimrod.

Armed Forces Minister Mike Penning confirmed on Monday that two US P-8’s and a Canadian CP-140 had monitored the ‘Kuznetsov’s’ progress on behalf of the UK.

The order of nine P-8 aircraft has also been mired in controversy due to an ongoing US Navy espionage case.

Lt. Commander Edward Lin, a US-naturalized citizen of Taiwanese origin, will go on trial in March for allegedly leaking US secrets related to the secretive Hawaii-based Special Projects Patrol Squadron to the Chinese or Taiwanese.

The US military has since claimed he only leaked information to an FBI informant, though the trial remains clouded in mystery because of the sensitive nature of the allegations.

It is thought that although Lin served on the black ops unit’s other aircraft – the naval reconnaissance EP-3E Aries II – his work could have brought him into daily contact with the Poseidon and its top-secret technology.

Lt. Commander Edward Lin, a US-naturalized citizen of Taiwanese origin, will go on trial in March for allegedly leaking US secrets related to the secretive Hawaii-based Special Projects Patrol Squadron to the Chinese or Taiwanese.

The US military has since claimed he only leaked information to an FBI informant, though the trial remains clouded in mystery because of the sensitive nature of the allegations.

It is thought that although Lin served on the black ops unit’s other aircraft – the naval reconnaissance EP-3E Aries II – his work could have brought him into daily contact with the Poseidon and its top-secret technology.
that the more important part of the news in my opinion.

i know they all are best buddies but don't you think germany and uk are relying too much on USA for their defense. i mean look at the trident missile system, patriots,f 35s now Poseidon. i like the french approach better its expensive but i won't leave you vulnerable and will keep the tech base alive in your country.

that the more important part of the news in my opinion.

i know they all are best buddies but don't you think germany and uk are relying too much on USA for their defense. i mean look at the trident missile system, patriots,f 35s now Poseidon. i like the french approach better its expensive but i won't leave you vulnerable and will keep the tech base alive in your country.

Germany.....

C4o8WdzXAAA1blp.jpg:large

Germany.....

C4o8WdzXAAA1blp.jpg:large
German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in November she did not expect Germany to meet its NATO defense spending target in the near future.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-military-idUSKBN1522UG
https://sputniknews.com/europe/201610041045995441-germany-eurofighter-jets/
what i meant by Germany was that they aren't spending as much as they should in current scenarios.
there is a remote possibility of it happening but if NATO is dissolved Germany simply don't have enough fire power.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said in November she did not expect Germany to meet its NATO defense spending target in the near future.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-military-idUSKBN1522UG
https://sputniknews.com/europe/201610041045995441-germany-eurofighter-jets/
what i meant by Germany was that they aren't spending as much as they should in current scenarios.
there is a remote possibility of it happening but if NATO is dissolved Germany simply don't have enough fire power.

Well as per my understanding, we cannot simply outline the same as out-powered. Germany and UK are strong enough w.r.t. to their self defence however, comparing the same US will actually highlight what you correctly observed. Trump came into power and many NATO countries have already felt the heat even that POTUS threatened other members that US will not spent for them and etc so as the new German leader is reported as anti-Trump and due to other factors, IMO, most players will be spending their own budget from now own but for individual defence mostly. NATO alliance was created on the basis of existing power of those times and countries have progressed a lot though, subjected countries cannot be compared with US Fire power.

Back
Top Bottom