What's new

U.S. trade mission to China to seek opportunity of win-win scenarios: Locke

aimarraul

Reaction score
U.S. trade mission to China to seek opportunity of win-win scenarios: Locke
English.news.cn 2010-05-13 08:13:31 FeedbackPrintRSS

WASHINGTON, May 12 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke said on Wednesday that his upcoming trip to China will aim at seeking the opportunity of win-win scenarios between the two countries.

Forty-six U.S. business executives will join him in China and Indonesia from May 15 to 25 on the first cabinet-level trade mission of the Obama Administration, according to Locke.

"This trade mission is really an opportunity for win-win scenarios for both American companies, their workers here in the United States, as well as for the people and the governments of both Indonesia and China to address their goals of becoming more energy efficient," the top U.S. trade official told reports.

Twenty-four U.S. companies will join Locke for the China portion of the trade mission, and 10 U.S. companies will travel to Indonesia. The delegation will make stops in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing of China and Jakarta of Indonesia.

The Commerce said the mission aims to promote exports of leading U.S. technologies related to clean energy, energy efficiency, and electric energy storage, transmission, and distribution.

Locke, the first Chinese-American commerce secretary, recalled his visits to Shanghai, saying he looks forward to visiting the World Expo hosted in the Chinese coastal metropolis.

"I'm looking forward to going to the World Expo in Shanghai, and I'm very proud that the United States has a pavilion," he said. "I've seen many pictures of some of the pavilions. They look spectacular."

I think you have been posting too many non-defense related articles.

The hypocrisy of the pot calling the kettle black is astounding.

You recently posted two civilian telecoms articles on "China's Huawei considers India plant to ease security concerns" and "China's Huawei offers to share source code." And you're complaining about someone else's post?

Also, you complained when I posted "China's Type 052C Aegis-class Warships -- Ocean Dominance!" Have you noticed that seven members have "thanked" me for that informative post and the five documentary videos on Aegis-class destroyer capabilities?

Will you please stop complaining?

Last edited:
The hypocrisy of the pot calling the kettle black is astounding.

You recently posted two civilian telecoms articles on "China's Huawei considers India plant to ease security concerns" and "China's Huawei offers to share source code." And you're complaining about someone else's post?

Also, you complained when I posted "China's Type 052C Aegis-class Warships -- Ocean Dominance!" Have you noticed that seven members have "thanked" me for that informative post and the five documentary videos on Aegis-class destroyer capabilities?

Will you please stop complaining?

1) Both articles pertained to Sino-Indian security.

2) 052C is old news and you just keep on posting about it...

1) Both articles pertained to Sino-Indian security.

2) 052C is old news and you just keep on posting about it...

1) Civilian telecoms is not military-related. The distinction between civilian and military, which you stressed, is very clear. Huawei has not installed telecoms systems for India's military. Therefore, the Huawei issue is "non-defense related."

2) Arguably, every existing Chinese weapons system is "old news." It takes years for a new development. Are we supposed to twiddle our thumbs until the WZ-10 is inducted or the WS-10A is fully operational?

My single post on the Type 052C is a new view on an existing high-tech Chinese weapon system and it is educational in nature, which is different from previous posts by other members. Show me a previous Type 052C post by another member with educational videos on the capabilities of an Aegis-class destroyer.

Also, look at post #26, sukhoi_30MKI is seeking information on Type 052C's capabilities. My thread on China's Type 052C is educational, informative, and useful to other members.

Last edited:
Whats the "win win scenario"? The US wants china to buy "green technology" of it companies rather then freely transfer the technology....after all we want to save the planet and not make it into a money making scheme.
Why does the US not sell space technolgy to the chinese.

Whats the "win win scenario"? The US wants china to buy "green technology" of it companies rather then freely transfer the technology....after all we want to save the planet and not make it into a money making scheme.
Why does the US not sell space technolgy to the chinese.

because being able to generate clean coal power(green) is not the same as about to put up spy sats cheaply(space)

Back
Top Bottom