What's new

U.S. to highlight China cooperation at ASEAN forum

To defend our sovereignty with force seems to be inevitable.

However, the question should be the 2012 China to crush Vietnam & Philippines or the 2020 one, but it seems that CPC leaders have favored the later one because the 2020 China will be practically invulnerable with a GDP larger than USA and the military technology on par with USA. :coffee:

Economy, yes. Military technology, still a long way off. China must work harder and it would take longer time for China to be at parity with the US. In 2020, Chinese military technology should be in parity with Russia and European tech.

Also, China is not a superpower. I don't think China is building itself to be one nor it desires to be one. All these articles referring to China as a superpower is incorrect.

To defend our sovereignty with force seems to be inevitable.

However, the question should be the 2012 China to crush Vietnam & Philippines or the 2020 one, but it seems that CPC leaders have favored the later one because the 2020 China will be practically invulnerable with a GDP larger than USA and the military technology on par with USA. :coffee:

You called your "sovereignty" in the region of U-shaped very close to the coast of Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines?
It is a "nine dotted line" claim baseless, illogical and illegal. It was painted in 1948. You think that it is China's sovereignty? lol on chinese.

_48951920_south_china-sea_1_466.gif

You called your "sovereignty" in the region of U-shaped very close to the coast of Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines?
It is a "nine dotted line" claim baseless, illogical and illegal. It was painted in 1948. You think that it is China's sovereignty? lol on chinese.

_48951920_south_china-sea_1_466.gif

Did Vietnam voiced any objection in 1948?

The 3,200 ton World War II Hamilton coast guard cutter is not a frigate. It's an useless 50-year-old rusty coast guard cutter.

The U.S. has not offered any P3 surveillance flights. The Filipinos said they may request the U.S. for surveillance flights. They haven't decided. We don't know if the U.S. would agree to the Filipino request.

The possibility of installing coastal radars is just talk. Do you have a reputable citation to back up your claim (e.g. how many, types of radars, range, and cost - including who pays for it)?

Adm. Samuel Locklear, the head of the US Pacific Command, specifically proposed the deployment of P-3C Orion surveillance aircraft in August 2011, according to Reuters.

The P3 is already in the Philippines.
ow6MY.jpg

I think the Filipinos are planning on arming the cutter sans frigate with harpoons. And they just got a second cutter from the US.

On the radars, my guess is as good as yours.

China can paint "11 dotted line" or "9 dotted line" or whatever it wants, and will not be objectionable if it was not presented to the UN by chinese government in 2009.
We did not object because it has not been published by the Chinese government.
In 1948 it appeared in a private publication in the first...

Adm. Samuel Locklear, the head of the US Pacific Command, specifically proposed the deployment of P-3C Orion surveillance aircraft in August 2011, according to Reuters.

I think the Filipinos are planning on arming the cutter sans frigate with harpoons. And they just got a second cutter from the US.

On the radars, my guess is as good as yours.

What good is the P3 Orion? Hey guys, the PLA Navy is at your door! You don't need a P3 Orion to tell the Filipinos that military secret.

Also, did you bother reading my last post? Who cares if the U.S. gives the Filipinos another 50-year-old coast guard cutter? How many seconds will it last against China's modern Type 054A Jiangkai II frigates or Type 052C Lanzhou-class destroyers?

It's like giving a country bi-planes to fight China. Why bother?

Here's the Chinese "Exocet" C-801 (without explosive warhead) destroying a simulated target. Those crappy coast guard cutters from World War II will sink after one hit.

In the video below, they fired a French Exocet and a Chinese "Exocet." I keep forgetting which one they fired first.

Last edited by a moderator:

It invented by KMT officer in Chongqing in time of civil war in China and time of first Vietnam war.
After WWII, Cairo statement 1943, Postdam 1945 and Sans Francisco treaty 1951 didn't mentioned about Islands of Vietnam. By the conference 1951 Tran Van Huu PM of Baodai King Govt has been protested, by voting was rejected proposal about Inslands of Vietnam to be hand to China. And also no document related to idiot nine dash has been issued in Sans Francisco conference 1951.

Back
Top Bottom