What's new

U.S. Schools Expelled 8,000 Chinese Students

“Chinese students used to be considered top-notch but over the past five years their image has changed completely — wealthy kids who cheat,”
That Chinese students "cheat" by American standards is a natural outcome of the credo embedded in their minds at home that copying information - including taking credit for someone else's work - isn't a form of theft. Some American universities put up with this for decades.

However, the current generation of Chinese students are perceived to be rich in addition to being cheaters. For left-leaning American academics - perhaps quite poor by comparison - this is too much to bear. So now they choose to make a noise about the cheating that they were silent about before.

3% is actually extremely low, making Chinese students some of the most driven ones.
However, that handful of 官二代 really do get my nerve at times. They only socialize among themselves, don't even bother to learn English, failing miserably at every subject, and when they speak Chinese, they deliberately show off that RRrrRRRrrrRRrrrRRRRrrrrrrRrRRRrR Beijing accent, as if they want every freaking body know that their dads work for the central government in the Capital.

images

Nice tiger lousy study.

The EF English Proficiency Index has been criticized for its lack of representative sampling in each country.[5] The report states that participants in the tests are self-selected and must have access to the internet. This pushes the index towards the realm of an online survey rather than a statistically valid evaluation. If you look at the EFEPI map you could easily conclude distance from Britian of being scandinavian is the key to learning English.

Interesting the Yanks Aussies and Kiwis arent on the list i wonder what English proficiency they would get, well off to the Marae for a hungi and a piss up later bros...heck we dont speak english.

If anything there would be more Chinese Student being expelled

I don't think the survey also include data from Deportation (like working without appropriate visa) and student left on their own accord.

Overseas university always recruit Chinese student, as they are rich, some even have office in China and even school branch in China to facilitate easier student enrolment. They usually don't care if those student were up to it
That was perhaps correct for UK/European Universities but not for US, for I myself have studied there. No foreign (and local too) student can take admission without scoring reasonably well in SAT or GRE/GMAT/MCAT etc., pretty gruesome tests. Once they got the admission and then they resorted to cheating or whatever is another story. US education system with all its shortcomings is by far the best when it comes to pick the right kind of candidates for a particular course.

That was perhaps correct for UK/European Universities but not for US, for I myself have studied there. No foreign (and local too) student can take admission without scoring reasonably well in SAT or GRE/GMAT/MCAT etc., pretty gruesome tests. Once they got the admission and then they resorted to cheating or whatever is another story. US education system with all its shortcomings is by far the best when it comes to pick the right kind of candidates for a particular course.

You know, I want to think that the bolded part you said is right, but the fact is far from it, apart from Ivy league school, most college in the United States have some sort of Bridge Program that they even use the word "Guaranteed" admission into university upon completion of an associate degree in US College.

UA Bridge | University of Arizona Admissions

Bridge | Maricopa Community Colleges

Community College Students | Undergraduate Admissions

And to be fair, you need to have an English test before attending community college, but the requirement is extremely difference than normal college, CC usually require IELTS 5 or TOFEL 450, where college usually require IELTS 7 or TOFEL 650....

And once you are in and you get 2.0 GPA, then bam, you can transfer to a normal college.

Some other school actually have interview replacing SAT/ACT score for admission. According to this news, 800 school in the US dropped SAT as mandated entry requirement

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/28/sat-act-not-required-colleges_n_2206391.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom