What's new

Two Tibetan monks in China die after self-immolations

This may inspire many young Indians to join their cause.
bhai aap kyun itna uchhal rahey ho???? aapki duniya me to sucides bahut hee popular hain. in fact, suicide ke saath killing bhi jod liya jaata hai.....aur naseehat hamein de rahe ho ???
yeh bichaare ideology ki wajah se hi ho ya paise ki wajah se, suicide karte hai par uske saath saath kisi aur ko maarte to nahi hai na????
(in ur world suicides are more popular. in fact, suicides often go hand in hand in killing others in vicinity....so keep ur invaluable advice to urself.
these guys are committing suicides, for ideology or for money (highly unbelievable as china has transformed tibet into a gleaming paradise), but they do it without killing others.

I really want to see dalai lama try that stunt.

Two Tibetan monks have died after setting themselves alight in southern China's Sichuan province, reports say.

self-immolation-story_350_022613025231.jpg

The monks, aged 20 and 23, set themselves on fire at the Kirti monastery in Aba county, said Radio Free Asia and Free Tibet.

The monastery has been a focal point of protests in recent months.

More than 100 Tibetans, mostly young monks, have set themselves on fire since 2011 - many fatally - in apparent protest against Chinese rule.

The monks, who reports identify as Lobsang Dawa, 20, and Konchog Woeser, 23, set themselves on fire on Wednesday, US-based Radio Free Asia and London-based Free Tibet said.

The monks at the monastery held prayers for the two who died and their bodies were to be cremated on Thursday, Radio Free Asia added.

The majority of the self-immolations since 2011 have taken place in ethnic Tibetan areas outside Tibet, many in Aba county.

Most involved Buddhist monks or nuns calling, Tibetan activist groups say, for greater religious freedom and the return of their exiled spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.

The Chinese government accuses the Dalai Lama of orchestrating the protests, a charge he strongly rejects.

Foreign media are banned from the region, making verifying the self-immolation cases difficult. Chinese state media have confirmed some but not all.

In January, China found two men guilty of inciting immolations in Sichuan, believed to be the first cases since a legal ruling stipulating that anyone aiding immolations would be charged with murder.

Tibetan activists said the men, one of whom received a commuted death sentence and the other 10 years in jail, were forced to confess to the charges.

There are always idiots who are brain-washed and do stupid stunts like that.

whats so bad about the chinese rule that they need to burn themselves.
sorry i know i m being insensitive, but i am curious .... ppl dont burn themselves until they are in a very ugly situation.
RIP to the dead.
maybe chinese bros cud help my curiosity@Chinese-Dragon

When China controlled Tibet, there is not a country called U.S., let alone india.

So Chinese expansionism think???

Do you know what the hell you are talking about???

every one should condemn chinese expansionism thinking

thanks 4 ur carefull observation the pics may not be authentic but the news is

selfimolation is better than taking other lives along with him like suicide bombing,

If you learn about how people write an article. you will know the art of misleading of these western media. like title of the article, the word, picture and the tone of the article, you will see how bias the west media are. particularly, the images they show on the western media is like show the negative images on china and show the positive images on Dalai Lama.

Regarding Dalai Lama, he is not a Buddhist monk. his religion is a combination of hypocrite and terrorism. By repeating the ideas of Buddha teachings and with the advertisement of the west media, he is popular among the western people. that is because the western people never hear about real Buddha teachings, what they know is about the advertisement of the west media about dalai lama. in the Buddhism history, all recognized enlightened zen masters never take advantage of their disciples. If Dalai Lama has even little compassion of a typical monk, he would tell his disciples not to kill themselves for any purposes. if fact, we have never seen that happens rather than seeing him blames on other people. so, we conclude that he is a terrorist not a monk.

self-immolation-story_350_022613025231.jpg

The pics are not from China, look at the Store plaque and Bearded shortest man, Window style are not from China;

Then I search the pics on google, the pics are at Nepal
Breaking: Tibetan monk self-immolates in Nepal - www.phayul.com

If you also look at the police, their camo is blue, not green.
Oh, BTW, I've seen images from Western news and it shows Nepalese police arresting Tibetans, but with captions saying those are Chinese police, or that it was in Tibet.

------
I have pity for those who burn themselves. The Dalai Lamai is a separatist and his followers are rebels.
I hope no more are brainwashed by the Dalai Lamai.

The only difference between tibetan suicide immolation and suicide bombing elsewhere is that the former don't take innocents with them. It's very thoughtful of them to end their wretched useless lives alone, but to let others, who have to the will to live and be productive, be :).

If you learn about how people write an article. you will know the art of misleading of these western media. like title of the article, the word, picture and the tone of the article, you will see how bias the west media are. particularly, the images they show on the western media is like show the negative images on china and show the positive images on Dalai Lama.

Regarding Dalai Lama, he is not a Buddhist monk. his religion is a combination of hypocrite and terrorism. By repeating the ideas of Buddha teachings and with the advertisement of the west media, he is popular among the western people. that is because the western people never hear about real Buddha teachings, what they know is about the advertisement of the west media about dalai lama. in the Buddhism history, all recognized enlightened zen masters never take advantage of their disciples. If Dalai Lama has even little compassion of a typical monk, he would tell his disciples not to kill themselves for any purposes. if fact, we have never seen that happens rather than seeing him blames on other people. so, we conclude that he is a terrorist not a monk.
ABSOLUTELY YES..... a good leader is and have to be compassionate about his ppl/disciples. inciting them to commit suicide to drive a point is heinous. further more i believe in leading by example. if all the allegations (yes they are allegations n thats it) against the dalai lama is true , then let him burn his little finger first before driving others to burn their whole bodies.

next about the conclusion of him being a terrorist.
now what makes him a terrorist?? because of what u believe (which is in line to china's view point) or because of the reasons u found out about him after detailed analysis of what he is doing or what not ??? i am pretty sure its the former.
u know just like if the indians/buddhists revere him as peace hero doesnt make him a hero, he cant be branded as a terrorist just becuase there are baseless allegations on his bald head. in all fairness,even if those allegations are proved conclusively, then he may be termed as an anarchist at best, definitely not a terrorist.
unlike a terrorist leader, his soldiers (the self immolating monks in question) dont plan in inflicting maximum damages to the random ppl who have no connection to them. they dont blow up in public places (lots of examples), dont kill indiscriminately (mumbai/karachi), dont damage military installations (mehran base) or any sort of damage to life and property other than their own. my point being, a terrorist is one who spreads terror with the means available to him/her, not the suicidal ones.
but of course, lets agree to disagree.
whats happening to the world is sad. self immolating for the freedom of religion is pathetic.

Oh, BTW, I've seen images from Western news and it shows Nepalese police arresting Tibetans, but with captions saying those are Chinese police, or that it was in Tibet.

------
I have pity for those who burn themselves. The Dalai Lamai is a separatist and his followers are rebels.

good observation, very informative!

Its so bizarre to see Chinese members here vilifying self immolators and dalai lama as terrorists. you guys have to deal with monks that set themselves on fire in tibet few times a year. imagine real suicide bombers, who plant improvised explosives in major cities like shanghai, targeting certain sects or ethnicity, killing dozens or hundreds at a time and striking fear in common people. what would you call them? probably give you a heart attack just contemplating it. hopefully you never have to face the likes of ttp or lej khudkush hamla awars. but it seems like the tibetans are making you soft as snow.

Its so bizarre to see Chinese members here vilifying self immolators and dalai lama as terrorists. you guys have to deal with monks that set themselves on fire in tibet few times a year. imagine real suicide bombers, who plant improvised explosives in major cities like shanghai, targeting certain sects or ethnicity, killing dozens or hundreds at a time and striking fear in common people. what would you call them? probably give you a heart attack just contemplating it. hopefully you never have to face the likes of ttp or lej khudkush hamla awars. but it seems like the tibetans are making you soft as snow.
thanks for this very unbiased post.

------

as i said the pic is some random picture of tibetian selfimolation in somewhere else i posted the pic just to have an idea of how a selfimolation would be to chinese

ABSOLUTELY YES..... a good leader is and have to be compassionate about his ppl/disciples. inciting them to commit suicide to drive a point is heinous. further more i believe in leading by example. if all the allegations (yes they are allegations n thats it) against the dalai lama is true , then let him burn his little finger first before driving others to burn their whole bodies.

next about the conclusion of him being a terrorist.
now what makes him a terrorist?? because of what u believe (which is in line to china's view point) or because of the reasons u found out about him after detailed analysis of what he is doing or what not ??? i am pretty sure its the former.
u know just like if the indians/buddhists revere him as peace hero doesnt make him a hero, he cant be branded as a terrorist just becuase there are baseless allegations on his bald head. in all fairness,even if those allegations are proved conclusively, then he may be termed as an anarchist at best, definitely not a terrorist.
unlike a terrorist leader, his soldiers (the self immolating monks in question) dont plan in inflicting maximum damages to the random ppl who have no connection to them. they dont blow up in public places (lots of examples), dont kill indiscriminately (mumbai/karachi), dont damage military installations (mehran base) or any sort of damage to life and property other than their own. my point being, a terrorist is one who spreads terror with the means available to him/her, not the suicidal ones.
but of course, lets agree to disagree.
whats happening to the world is sad. self immolating for the freedom of religion is pathetic.

thanks for the feedback. I may be confused, probably, because there is an analogy between Dalai lama and terrorists like Al Qaeda, like they receive money from some funds and use that money to train their believers to do whatever they want.

I read more about Buddhism, I found that Dalai lama has precept of discrimination by discriminating about the han Chinese and the tibetan. that is opposite Buddha teachings, every being is equal, no discrimination. He has desire of power as he is still leader of Tibetan Buddhist monks at his age.

Back
Top Bottom