What's new

Two Squadron of LCH for each Indian army Strike corps

aanshu001

Reaction score
SOURCE : IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Army aviation is all set to expand and Three Strike corps will be receiving two squadron of LCH each, Strike corps according to Indian army’s latest doctrine is tasked to slice through the enemy’s defences, the helicopters will supplement this by the quick insertion of fully-armed soldiers and their heavy weaponry.

The principal offensive formations of the Indian army are the three Strike Corps – 1 Corps, 2 Corps & 21 Corps. These are built around a nucleus of a single armoured division and two infantry divisions – probably with more mechanized brigades than basic infantry formations.

Three strike will also get 15 Utility helicopters each for tactical battle field usage (Surveillance, Casualty evaluation), at present Indian army will be inducting close to 130 Eurocopter AS550 Fennec or Kamov Ka-226 which are in race and winner will be announced soon . While HAL also has begun development of LUH and the Mock up of LUH was recently displayed at Aero India 2011.

Indian army current is depended on Indian air forces Mi-35 attack choppers, but have already intended to purchase more than 114 LCHs, Army Aviation pilots are deputed to HAL and are working closely with HAL engineers to perfect the LCH and recent launch of LCH TD-2 with Digital cameo in recently held Aero India 2011, was based on suggestion of Indian army and HAL is currently working on better Digital Cameo for LCH after taking Army feed back.

Indian air force which also has committed to buy 64 LCH is also actively participating in development of LCH.Indian army is also planning to have its own Transport aircrafts to help in logistics and movement of troops.

great news......

Apache
LCH
Weaponised Dhruv
Mi - 35

Army is getting some heavy metal ...

:)

^^^
In IAF a squadron comprises of 18 aircraft....

great news......

Apache
LCH
Weaponised Dhruv
Mi - 35

Army is getting some heavy metal ...
Half of them belongs to IAF...

Indian army is also planning to have its own Transport aircrafts to help in logistics and movement of troops.
Amen to that....I think IA will make a huge deal when MRTA will get ready...I think IA should also purchase some really heavy lift aircraft like An225 or new version of il-76

Very good decision.

We should raise at least 2 strike corps for china also.

^^^
In IAF a squadron comprises of 18 aircraft....

Half of them belongs to IAF...

Amen to that....I think IA will make a huge deal when MRTA will get ready...I think IA should also purchase some really heavy lift aircraft like An225 or new version of il-76

I think the IA squadrons will have 20 gunships each.According to Wiki the IA has ordered 119 gunships.
REGARDS....

Very good decision.

Strike corps are located on flat lands (plains)....
For China we have raised mountain division. They will be provided with Ultra light howitzer and light tanks (IA is searching for 300 of those).

Hey guys, you remember a few months back there was report that all the services will jointly raise marine corps on the line of US marine corps. Is there any progress on that front ??

I think we should raise a marine corps and mountain division as 2 fully independent divisions, one under navy and other under indian army just like US navy Marine Corps. They should be given separate tanks, artillery and helicopters just like US Marines...

Very good decision.

IA has already proposed to MoD to raise a new elite mountain strike corps,2 indipendent strike brigades and thousands of new concrete bunkers along the LAC.MoD may clear them by late this year or early next year.
REGARDS....

Strike corps are located on flat lands (plains)....
For China we have raised mountain division. They will be provided with Ultra light howitzer and light tanks (IA is searching for 300 of those).

Hey guys, you remember a few months back there was report that all the services will jointly raise marine corps on the line of US marine corps. Is there any progress on that front ??

I think we should raise a marine corps and mountain division as 2 fully independent divisions, one under navy and other under indian army just like US navy Marine Corps. They should be given separate tanks, artillery and helicopters just like US Marines...

You are absolutely right bro.India should raise atleast 2 marine expeditionary corps with separate equipments under navy.
Apart from the 2 mountain divisons raised there are also plan of seting up a separate mountain strike corps and 2 indipendent indantri brigades.
REGARDS....

Apart from the 2 mountain divisons raised there are also plan of seting up a separate mountain strike corps and 2 indipendent indantri brigades.
Sorry i was actually talking about those mountain strike corps only. Those tanks and ultra light howitzer are for for them. They will also have commondos which will be in direct contact with intelligence agencies like RAW....

HAL started testing second prototype of LCH and DRDO is testing arjun mk2. Any pics of these two ??

Sorry i was actually talking about those mountain strike corps only. Those tanks and ultra light howitzer are for for them. They will also have commondos which will be in direct contact with intelligence agencies like RAW....

HAL started testing second prototype of LCH and DRDO is testing arjun mk2. Any pics of these two ??

Has the elite mountain strike corps been raisd?
By the way,sorry,I don't have the pictures.I myself am asking senior members for pictures.
Prasun Sengupta had reported that Arjun mk2 use a heavy tungsten carbide 'face gardening plate' in the armor and it will be a 64 ton tank.Is this true?
THANX in advance....

Has the elite mountain strike corps been raisd?
It is sanctioned by CCS also and army has started to work on this.

Prasun Sengupta had reported that Arjun mk2 use a heavy tungsten carbide 'face gardening plate' in the armor and it will be a 64 ton tank.Is this true?
He also said that the turret will be modular designed and will be shaped more like Leopard turret but i think its just speculation or he heard all this from a third party.

Good news.In the absence of modern SP artillery atm gunships will be crucial for close air support.As aerial artillery.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom