What's new

Two Pakistani universities ranked among top 200 World’s Technology Universities

out of 100 top univ in south asia,70 are indian!:cheesy:

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

am i targeting Pakistan here?what's flaming here?

In this list, 76 out of the top 100 universities are Indian. 18 are Pakistani.

Now let us analyze:

(India/Pakistan) top universities ratio: 76/18 = 4.22

(India/Pakistan) population ratio: 1,192,826,000/170,600,000 = 7

(India/Pakistan) land area ratio: 3,387,263 km2/786,095 km2 = 4.38

Pakistan > India

Times Higher Education’s list of the world’s top universities is the one ranking the universities.

yes that is

but thats overall ranking of the universities. In this thread we are talking about the university ranking in Technology field only. In overall ranking they are not ranked in top 200

For example NUST was ranked

Rankings for National University of Sciences And Technology (NUST) Islamabad - 2010
Arts & Humanities: 274=
Engineering & IT: 274=
Natural Sciences: -
Life Sciences: 301-350
Social Sciences: -

and different sources rank universities with their own parameters. This list in the first post was ranked by Quality Standard World University Ranking 2010.

Now let us analyze:

Pakistan > India

even this is a fail, jamia milia islamia is better that agha khan medical, also no iba, no karachi uni, no jamshoro uni????

agha khan is one of the top in SA

Research growth from Pakistan ranked first in two areas in January 2011. The disciplines are Microbiology and Plant and Animal Sciences. The research output in both subjects has increased from 815 in 2002 to 4650 in 2010.

Did anyone bother to read the above? .... This was one of the reason's for the rankings of your university ie; Increase in research papers.

Although we in India too have critical faults in the Higher Education System, i could not resist posting this when i read a member congratulating Mr.Rehman and Mr.Musharaff for this turn around.

If anything, this individual should be blamed for the ruins your higher educations finds today itself in. They took the short cut to giving your nation a false sense of educational reforms. They heavily increased the allocated budget to education, resulting in over hyped salaried to professors -- who eagerly took on more PhD students to boost personal incomes. The numbers of students enrolled for PhD increased and so did the published papers. Thats the inflated number you see being quoted above.

Net results is that your Pakistan H-E-C has now mandated this PhD students to take a GRE test. And guess what .. this students object/refuse to even take this tests and score 40% percentile in this tests. Just imagine, HEC had to resort to asking a PhD student to take a GRE with 40% passing grade (just to limit the PhD registrants to the quality one).

Now before someone starts bashing me, please note, my intentions are not to downsize your achievement. Or to chest thump Indian academia (In fact i have been critical of India's Higher Education System ... I call it as a Factory!). All i want is for you guys to not get into a self patting mode. This false sense of academic achievement is'nt bringing in that revolution your country so desperately seeks.

That's some weird ranking, according to it, NIT Rourkela is better institute than ISI Calcutta!! :/

Maybe because its more comprehensive. I agree math wizards go to ISI, but NIT slightly less quality but many more subjects.

Now let us analyze:

Pakistan > India

That has gotta be the most retarded analysis I have ever seen. Literally ever.
Firstly you assume all the top 100 universities are equal. Not true. And more importantly most of the pakistani universities are at the lower end of the table. I dare you to perform your analysis for the top 10, 20, 30 or whatever.

^Err.. read the thread. The list you see is all the university. they are referring to specifically tech universities

Back
Top Bottom