What's new

Two jawans martyred, two terrorists killed as Army foils infiltration bid in Naugam in J&K!!

ravinderpalrulez

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: The Army on Saturday foiled an infiltration bid on the Line of Control in north Kashmir's Naugam sector. Two soldiers and two terrorists were killed in the operation, which is still underway.

Officials said the Army engaged a group of infiltrators near Naugam sector in Kupwara district and gunned down two terrorists in the ensuing gunbattle.

"In an operation to foil infiltration, two jawans made the supreme sacrifice in Naugam, Kupwara. Two terrorists were also killed in the encounter," the Army spokesperson said, adding that the operation is still underway.

Earlier in the day, a jawan was injured when he accidentally stepped over a mine on the LoC in Poonch district.

"While on routine patrolling last evening in Mendhar Sector of Poonch, a soldier stepped accidentally on a drifted mine," the spokesman said.
He said that the mine had drifted due to rain, adding, "the soldier was wearing mine protected shoes and he has suffered a heal fracture."

On May 1, bodies of two soldiers were mutilated by the notorious Border Action Team (BAT) of the Pakistani Army in Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district.

One of them was an Army Junior Commissioned Officer Subedar Paramjeet Singh and the other a BSF Havaldar Prem Sagar. Both martyred soldiers were part of a team on patrol between two forward posts in the Krishna Ghati sector along the LoC when they were attacked by Pakistan's BAT.
http://m.timesofindia.com/india/jk-...ration-bid-in-naugam/articleshow/58766522.cms

"While on routine patrolling last evening in Mendhar Sector of Poonch, a soldier stepped accidentally on a drifted mine," the spokesman said.
He said that the mine had drifted due to rain, adding, "the soldier was wearing mine protected shoes and he has suffered a heal fracture."
the company which delivered such mines should be punished. countries are spending billions but failing to save soldiers from mines. But these shoes must be magical or the mine was actually a patakha.

Back
Top Bottom