What's new

Twitter removes more than 170,000 pro-China accounts

I'm accessing PDF right now from china without using VPN, by the way, Yahoo news from US also aren't blocked in china.

I don't know man. It's on and off. It was shared in Twitter that pdf has been blocked in few provinces in China last week. Before that during Uighur issue it was completely banned due to negative comments in pdf.

I have been to China multiple times anyway. Except the place I worked which had HK internet connection other places, most of even Indian news organizations, some subtle websites weren't simply accessible.

Pakistan needs its own YouTube type website also. There is too much blasphemous content on YT, and they promote Indian content.

Even a religious Pakistani like me who never looks at Indian nonsense gets hit with ads of Bollywood fornication.

I am sick of this. We should have higher standards for our people. Like China, Pakistan should also censor all movies and programs from outside of the country to remove nudity or extreme violence.

To leave your social media in the hands of hostile countries is like handing a gun to your enemy to shoot you, China could have made some mistakes, but blocking some major western propaganda platforms is not one of them.

I just posted this news, it doesn't mean I really care much, just like to point out all media channels are being manipulated one way or another, covertly or openly.

Western propaganda against China is no less than Chinese propaganda against the west.
China did the smart thing.
These US based social media are the platforms Strategic Communication Laboratory or Cambridge Analytica used for collecting data.
Example: USA can incites violence or disturbance in India like they did in Hong Kong using pyschometric.
Good.

China did the smart thing.
These US based social media are the platforms Strategic Communication Laboratory or Cambridge Analytica used for collecting data.
Example: USA can incites violence or disturbance in India like they did in Hong Kong using pyschometric.
Good.
Indian society doesn't have too much of social media usage yet. Moreover, there are much more social and physical aspects which dominate Indian society. Inciting violence using social media is not easy unless it is peer to peer communication things like whatsapp. Even in that case, only where there are local agents these are practical. Hong Kong has lot of Christian population who are loyal to USA and hence act as agents.

But that isn't the case in India as doing so will have more negative consequences for USA than India. India doesn't have much of an economic output in global arena and hence the disruption will be limited whereas the reaction from Indian side will result in disruption across the world in far greater consequences. While it is the opposite in China. So, it is more beneficial to disrupt Hong Kong compared to India.

I've had two accounts shut down by Twitter, even though I haven't posted a video, and they keep referring me to anti-China messages and Falun Gong messages.o_O

Why would the Chinese care ? They've already banned:

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Google

Pinterest

Tumblr

Snapchat

Flickr

Picasa

Wordpress

Blogger

Pro-Chinese accounts doesn't mean Chinese. There's a difference. Pakistanis are pro-China too and have nothing to do with being Chinese in China.

Pro-Chinese accounts doesn't mean Chinese. There's a difference. Pakistanis are pro-China too and have nothing to do with being Chinese in China.
You guys don't allow them a footprint in China, they're banned.

Why is it that surprising if they want to discourage pro China propagandists from using their services ?

It's twitter though, they recently got in a fight with Trump and "fact checked" his tweet and put up a very smug notice under it. Good that they're banned in China.

I've had two accounts shut down by Twitter, even though I haven't posted a video, and they keep referring me to anti-China messages and Falun Gong messages.o_O
Really? It seems I might get banned from Twitter too.

You guys don't allow them a footprint in China, they're banned.

Why is it that surprising if they want to discourage pro China propagandists from using their services ?

It's twitter though, they recently got in a fight with Trump and "fact checked" his tweet and put up a very smug notice under it. Good that they're banned in China.
The thing is, I am not in China. But if being pro-Chinese gets me banned then so be it.
Perhaps I should be pro-something else. :D

The thing is, I am not in China. But if being pro-Chinese gets me banned then so be it.
Perhaps I should be pro-something else. :D
I'm not on the twitters, been thinking about it for a while but haven't signed up yet.

Twitter must have played around with some of their rules and deemed the content to be in violation of their "community standards", they're pretty wishy-washy with those rules.

"private company, they can do as they please"

they seem both anti Trump and American conservatives, and anti Chyna.

Dorsi should form a nation of his own.

Twitter does not ban comments from Iranian president who openly threatens Israel with violence while giving smug warnings to trump. This is some extremely ideology driven social media site.

Back
Top Bottom