What's new

TURNING POINT IN THE HISTORY OF INDIAN SUBCONTINENT

I think the British where both a gift and a curse for Indian subcontinent. They ruled over you as lords for a few centuries, but at the same time it was thanks to that rule that Indian unity took shape. This unity then allowed you to form the country you have today.

As for the rest, do you really think me a proud Mazdayasni Aryan is waiting for a certificate of approval from those who bent over?

That was a low blow Doc. :cry:

In the absence of the Brits, the Marathas and Sikhs would probably have taken over all of Mughal India.

The departing Brits gave each princely state the option of independence, which had the potential of creating hundreds of sovereign entities.

Patel deserves a lot of the credit for Indian unity.

I dn't understand what's the point of this thread in first place.

(sigh) More ad-hominem lashing out. When will people learn to think for themselves.

As regards Joe's favorite "Eminent Historians": Folks who want a little glimpse into the minds of these eminences should read the first few pages of BB Lal's paper, cited a short while back. The link again - The Sarasvati (b.b. Lal).

Errr.. O Sage of the Sighs, what would you call your post which I replied, ad anatinam?

Have you noticed that your poster scholar, one of the few to back your zanies, starts by intoning in solemn tones that his quest is for the Rg Vedic Saraswati, not for some river in a strange land? So much for the reversal of roles of the Ahura/Asura, the Daiva/Deva and the individual gods, between the Avesta and the Vedic cosmogony. Would he insist, I wonder, on considering the mythic meanings of asura only, without considering what a huge difference is made by seeing that term in context?

The rest of his special pleading is as tendentious.

<sigh>

But all that doesn't matter to those of us who prefer to strike fainting, tired poses to cover their emptiness of argument, does it?

<sigh>

In the absence of the Brits, the Marathas and Sikhs would probably have taken over all of Mughal India.

The departing Brits gave each princely state the option of independence, which had the potential of creating hundreds of sovereign entities.

Patel deserves a lot of the credit for Indian unity.

For those who don't read what is not prescribed by the Sarsanghchalak, the British also made it clear to the princes that they would not be given much time if they sought to strike out on their own. Quite apart from Patel's firm hand on the tiller, it was V. P. Menon's partnership with Mountbatten, a close professional relationship, which ensured that there was no splitting up into hundreds of little statelets.

@ Joe : How do you does ? :rofl:

And folks thats what I feel my English sounds like when compared with our resident Bengali Shakespeare ! :cry:

No need to feel bad. For a modest fee....

Not everyone finds themselves at a senior management position at 22 ! Abhiii tou subhaa naaan chaneii keh paiseey dostooon sehh maaang kar khanaa partaa haii College mein ! :rofl:

Nah I think I'll just learn one of Clint Eastwood's dialogues & say it as I ride off into the sunset with Vidya Balan & you staring & spitting in anger on missing out on her ! :D

If - IF - I was forty years younger, I'd say something of the sort that Doc might say. Something like,"You try riding off anywhere with Vidya Balan, and I'll tear your arm off and make you eat it," except that out of earshot of the ladies, I wouldn't be saying "make you eat it", exactly, I'd be saying something rather unlikely physiognomically, but entertaining to imagine. Whew!

If - IF - I was forty years younger, I'd say something of the sort that Doc might say. Something like,"You try riding off anywhere with Vidya Balan, and I'll tear your arm off and make you eat it," except that out of earshot of the ladies, I wouldn't be saying "make you eat it", exactly, I'd be saying something rather unlikely physiognomically, but entertaining to imagine. Whew!

Haaahaaaa ! :rofl:

Always a pleasure Joe...see you around ! And good luck with the wedding.

Errr.. O Sage of the Sighs, what would you call your post which I replied, ad anatinam?

I confess to making the first mistake of responding to one of your ad-hominem screeds ...

Have you noticed that your poster scholar, one of the few to back your zanies, starts by intoning in solemn tones that his quest is for the Rg Vedic Saraswati, not for some river in a strange land? So much for the reversal of roles of the Ahura/Asura, the Daiva/Deva and the individual gods, between the Avesta and the Vedic cosmogony. Would he insist, I wonder, on considering the mythic meanings of asura only, without considering what a huge difference is made by seeing that term in context?

Pray state your point, if you have one.

Back
Top Bottom