What's new

Turkish Unmanned Vehicle Programs

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

300 of them? Isn't that a little bit too much for a country like Saudi Arabia and what will be the total cost?

300 of them? Isn't that a little bit too much for a country like Saudi Arabia and what will be the total cost?

an estimated $1 million per unit according to 2011 sales, that makes 300 million $.

Wing Loong II: An upgraded variant of the Wing Loong, with provisions for up to twelve air-to-surface missiles.

Armament
  • 100 kilograms (220 lb) of air-to-surface weapons
Avionics
  • 100 kilograms (220 lb) capacity for sensors
Let me give you an example for comparison:
ANKA-TP (SIHA- Strategic Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) have the ability to carry between 1 and 1.5 Tons in armament.
The Anka Block B also has a greater payload capacity than that of the Anka-A.
The Turkish Air Force ordered 10 ANKA-B platforms in 2013 at a cost of $300 million.
In 25 October 2013 Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industry (SSM) ordered 10 ANKA-S UAVs and 12 ground control stations for $290 million ($220.6 million + TRY 137 million).

You can drop as many tiny grenades as you want with Wing Loong II, i prefer my Anka. (I dont mean you, talking generally)

13134750103_25fc03090f_b.jpg

CAIG Wing Loong

anka.png

Tai Anka

an estimated $1 million per unit according to 2011 sales, that makes 300 million $.

Wing Loong II: An upgraded variant of the Wing Loong, with provisions for up to twelve air-to-surface missiles.

Armament
Avionics
ANKA-TP (SIHA- Strategic Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) have the ability to carry between 1 and 1.5 Tons in armament.
The Turkish Air Force ordered 10 ANKA-B platforms in 2013 at a cost of $300 million.
In 25 October 2013 Turkish Undersecretariat for Defence Industry (SSM) ordered 10 ANKA-S UAVs and 12 ground control stations for $290 million ($220.6 million + TRY 137 million).

You can drop as many tiny grenades as you want with Wing Loong II, i prefer my Anka. (I dont mean you, talking generally)

CAIG Wing Loong

anka.png

Tai Anka

Süpersin. Sükran brother

Armament
Avionics

CAIG Wing Loong

anka.png

Tai Anka

are you kidding? there is no Anka TP and you cant compare anka s with WL 1 or 2. When we start using Anka TP or whatever name it is they gonna produce and sell WL 4 or 5. Be objective!

are you kidding? there is no Anka TP and you cant compare anka s with WL 1 or 2. When we start using Anka TP or whatever name it is they gonna produce and sell WL 4 or 5. Be objective!

I dont know any of the things i share personally. I do an extensive research in order avoid embarrasing myself, then share information those sources contain.

A turbo-prop powered Anka is planned called Anka-TP.
24mc0bc.jpg

Either this image mislead me as I say i am not an expert or you arent entirely right.

When knowing 10 ANKA-B platforms in 2013 at a cost of $300 million and CAIG Wing Loong costs about $1 million per unit, maybe you are right they must be very different.

I dont know any of the things i share personally. I do an extensive research in order avoid embarrasing myself, then share information those sources contain.

A turbo-prop powered Anka is planned called Anka-TP.
24mc0bc.jpg

Either this image mislead me as I say i am not an expert or you arent entirely right.

When knowing 10 ANKA-B platforms in 2013 at a cost of $300 million and CAIG Wing Loong costs about $1 million per unit, maybe you are right they must be very different.

its not economic its diplomatic move.

Sounds nice, but why only 4-5h duration?
It has very high speed (0.8 Mach). Combined with 4-5 h endurance it gets a great range of about 4000-5000 km which is comparable to that of anka.

There is no need to stay more in the air unless you want to observe. However, this is not a surveillance drone like the Anka, it is instead a strike drone like Boeing X-45

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom