What's new

Turkish TV reports a plane en route to UK from Pakistan has landed in Istan

shining eyes

Reaction score
Turkish TV channel HaberTurk reports that a bomb threat has forced a Manchester bound plane from Pakistan to land in Turkey-AP

Pakistan International Airways confirms plane en route to UK from Pakistan has landed in Istanbul.

oh man, now even the planes??

ISTANBUL: A bomb alert forced a Pakistan international airlines (PIA) plane to land at Ataturk airport in Istanbul on Wednesday, state-run Anatolia news agency reported.

Security officials initiated a search on the plane with sniffer dogs, Anatolia said. The plane was carrying 378 passengers, it said.

Bomb alert forces Pakistan plane to land in Istanbul | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Seems like a hoax to me.

pk-709_sept7.jpg

From letters painted on nose gear, I guess it's Boeing 777-340ER (AP-BHW).

The email contained bomb alerts for two PIA flight, according to latest reports.

The two PIA flights are PK-709 from Lahore to Manchester and PK-898 Lahore to Kuala Lumpur.

The flight PK-898 aircraft is being searched at Kuala Lumpur Airport.

I never fly PIA, always emirates. The cabin crew and meals are much better.

My uncle always says PIA stands for = Panic Inthe Air

Is this the best contribution you can come up with, looks like your british passport is giving you a flase satisfaction.

well PIA was a world class airline before, a decade back or so, but now, sorry to say, it is in a very poor state, very over employed, poor maintenance of aircraft and other issues. Just need a responsible head and to kick out all the retired people.

wow its lookz crazy to me ....sad to hear this incident.....:what:

Fly on PIA to make it gain up for what it lost. Directly or indirectly it is gonna give them a boast and slight help in GDP.
well PIA was a world class airline before, a decade back or so, but now, sorry to say, it is in a very poor state, very over employed, poor maintenance of aircraft and other issues. Just need a responsible head and to kick out all the retired people.

Ask Mr. Zardari and his company..

Two Pakistan Airlines flights get bomb threats

KARACHI: Two flights operated by Pakistan’s state-owned airline received bombs threats on Wednesday, and both landed safely, one in Turkey, the other in Malaysia, officials said.

The first flight was headed for Manchester, England, when it was notified of the threat near the Bulgarian capital of Sofia. The crew contacted the control tower in Istanbul to seek permission for the landing, state-run Anatolia news agency reported.

Authorities quickly evacuated all 378 passengers from the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft after it parked at a remote corner of the International Ataturk Airport, and bomb squads began searching the plane with sniffer dogs, Anatolia reported.

PIA spokesman Mashood Tajwar confirmed the flight received a threat and landed. All passengers were safe.

Later, a second PIA flight from Islamabad to Kuala Lumpur also received a bomb threat. It landed in Kuala Lumpur and all 176 passengers disembarked safely, said Tajwar.

Tajwar gave no details on the nature of the threat or how it was delivered, but a local television station said it was by email.

Pakistan is home to al-Qaida’s top leadership. Militants who trained there have been responsible for many of the attacks and failed plots in the United States and Europe since Sept. 11, 2001, when planes hijacked by al-Qaida militants destroyed the World Trade Center in New York and crashed into the Pentagon.

The bomb threats came four days before the 10th anniversary of 9/11, but there was no apparent link to militants, who typically do not alert authorities in advance.

The FBI and Homeland Security department issued warnings last weekend about al-Qaida threats to small airlines.

Two Pakistan Airlines flights get bomb threats | World | DAWN.COM

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom