What's new

Turkish FM says Ankara supports Iran nuclear rights - See more at: http://w

Rostam

Reaction score
Turkish FM says Ankara supports Iran nuclear rights

geraphian20130227165723293.jpg

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has once again reaffirmed Ankara's support for Iran's right to have a peaceful nuclear program.

Nuclear technology is the product of humanity and all nations have the right to use this technology, Davutoglu said Wednesday.

Turkey supports Iran’s gaining [access to] nuclear energy, he added.

Referring to the Tehran Declaration which was issued in May 2010 following trilateral talks among Iran, Turkey and Brazil based on which Tehran agreed to swap its low-enriched uranium for reactor fuel on Turkish soil, Davutoglu said that the US and its Western allies imposed more pointless sanctions against Iran instead of allowing the declaration to move forward.

Turkey’s stance on Iran sanctions is clear. A period of over two years was lost because the atomic fuel swap deal with Iran did not take effect and the crisis intensified, but we [still] want the negotiations to continue on Iran nuclear program to find a peaceful solution to the Issue, he added.

Iran and the P5+1 (Britain, China, France, Russia, and the United States plus Germany) wrapped up two days of negotiations earlier on Wednesday in the Kazakh city of Almaty.

The United States, the Israeli regime and some of their allies have repeatedly accused Iran of pursuing non-civilian objectives in its nuclear energy program. Over the false allegation, Washington and the European Union have imposed several rounds of illegal unilateral sanctions against the Islamic Republic.

Iran refutes the allegation and argues that as a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency, it is entitled to develop nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.

PressTV - Turkish FM says Ankara supports Iran nuclear rights

Turkey, Iran, and the West

By Sophia Moropoulos

This time last year the West was looking, maybe even hoping, for a new dichotomy between Turkey and Iran. In the throes of the Arab Spring, Turkey became host to the NATO missile shield and began supporting the Syrian opposition. Iran, in contrast, was in support of the Assad regime, and took the well-placed hint from NATO. In Iraq, while sectarian conflict was on the rise and the US began to withdraw, Turkey and Iran supported opposite parties. In Bahrain, critics chastised the two countries for furthering an age-old Ottoman rivalry.

Turkey has successfully played middle man to the East and West. During the Iran-Iraq conflict, Turkey was continually pro-democratic (versus Iranian anti-Westernism) yet, supported the new Islamic government and refused to get between the US and its neighbor when it came to sanctions. Subsequently, Turkey gained the gas contract with Iran but also began enhancing their relationship with Israel.

Currently, Turkey has proven they will not take an aggressive stance against Iran. This is despite the fact that, Iranian possession of a nuclear weapon would upset the regional balance of power and Turkey has stated as much. Yet, Turkish officials have taken a far more cautious approach than the US. Turkey has continually refused to place sanctions on Iran but has continued opposing their neighbor’s role in Syria.

Basically, nothing has changed between Turkey and Iran. We have to look all the way back to the Ottoman-Qajar War to find a time when these two were in direct conflict. Like any state, especially a liberal democratic one, Turkey is busy maintaining and increasing security. Knowing this, we should not expect Turkey to come to arms against Iran unless it is in their best interest. In essence, because the West is comfortably removed from the Iranian issue and the immediate effects of the Arab Spring; it is difficult for us to see through Turkey’s lens when dealing with Iran.

Perhaps the West should leave well enough alone between Turkey and Iran. Turkey plays a vital role in the Middle East. No one else can have that spot; nobody is even in the market for it. It would seem that it is in the best interest of the West to let Turkey negotiate as they have been. It is evidentially in Turkey’s best interest.

Turkey, Iran, and the West | Journal of Diplomacy

Nuclear rights doesn't mean Nuclear weapons.

For Turkey, Iran having nuclear weapons is unacceptable. Iran has a very dirty policy in the middle-east and the poeple who are member on this forum I don't have to explain why.

I think Turkey doesn't need to have a harsh stand towards Iran. US is already more than clear towards Iran. This is the only way for peace. When Iran get's nuclear weapons it will be much more extreme in supporting dictators and Shia terrorism support.

Turkey wants nuclear free middle-east and I believe we should do everything to maintain peace and prevent certain countries getting nukes who encourage secterian conflict.

Nuclear rights doesn't mean Nuclear weapons.

For Turkey, Iran having nuclear weapons is unacceptable. Iran has a very dirty policy in the middle-east and the poeple who are member on this forum I don't have to explain why.

I think Turkey doesn't need to have a harsh stand towards Iran. US is already more than clear towards Iran. This is the only way for peace. When Iran get's nuclear weapons it will be much more extreme in supporting dictators and Shia terrorism support.

Turkey wants nuclear free middle-east and I believe we should do everything to maintain peace and prevent certain countries getting nukes who encourage secterian conflict.

You're a known troll (Ottomon-Turk) so your words are meaningless.
If Iran wanted a nuke it would already have it. Turkey cannot talk about nukes as long you have American nukes on your soil.

I know some of you will accuse Turkey of being western countries puppet or obeying It's zionist masters. What i see is turkey acts accordingly to It's national interests. Fm supports Iran in this occasion but not for his love for Iran nor he cares about a nations nuclear rights. What actually Turkey doing is, using Iran as a stepping stone. If sanctions will be lifted against Iran, in the future nobody will oppose Turkey when we begin our enrichment program. Simple as that.

I know some of you will accuse Turkey of being western countries puppet or obeying It's zionist masters. What i see is turkey acts accordingly to It's national interests. Fm supports Iran in this occasion but not for his love for Iran nor he cares about a nations nuclear rights. What actually Turkey doing is, using Iran as a stepping stone. If sanctions will be lifted against Iran, in the future nobody will oppose Turkey when we begin our enrichment program. Simple as that.

sinan aka Attawolk aka ottomon turk, next time you make a fake account change your style of writing and don't use a wolf as your avatar.

well actually this is not a new news..Turkey`s stance on Iran nuclear program was and still is clear from the beginning...Turkey argues that negotiations and noncoercive measures still have time to succeed..There is a reason why Turkey even defended Iran from international efforts to isolate Tehran in 2009..West is too impetuous about this issue for i dont know which reason

sinan aka Attawolk aka ottomon turk, next time you make a fake account change your style of writing and don't use a wolf as your avatar.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow. This my opinion if you disagree, write your own opinion. I recently joined this forum and I'm curious about other foreigners opinions about my country Don't accuse me with false claims.

After looking turkish forums actually not sorry. Other Turkish members says that " There he is, with his 6th fake account. He chosed to be a German named @Gestapo recently, after he got banned, now he is supposedly an Arab living in Iran who thinks "Persia stroong!!11"

Although, it is too obvious that he is the 6th account of the same suicide troll, moderation will wait for him to start insulting and cause troll fest between Iranians and Turks before banning his @ss once again. Then again, he will show up with his 7th account."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom