What's new

Turkey's GDP up by 8.2

Brother, you can see my posts, I do criticize Pakistan and their failures. I know it is very corrupt systems. No I didn't compared it to your country. Pakistan should focus on the importance of economy and society.

I also wish want move to Turkey. :)

I would really wish that our Pakistani brothers could overcome the corruption and have a healthy economy. Yet as i pointed out before, the people has to take action against corruption themselves. You shouldn't expect fron your politicians anything, because they are dishonest.

You completely misunderstood my post. I am not insulting all the arabs. 1: i am critisizing the King Family 2: yes, i am insulting the monkeys who is whoring and gamble with the Arabs money, just because they are of bloodlinge to the king.

No legitimate system can be based on Kingdom. If ones ruling power comes from being blood-relative to the king or the heir to the King, that system can never truly develop in the strictest sense. Because that country's system itself is corruption based. In Islam the ruler must be accepted by the majority of the people. This Saudi family was also the one who was betraying the Ottoman empire, that is why there is absolutely no legitimacy to their being rulers. In a true Islamic system they would be executed for transfering their money to Kuffars via gambling and whoring. As long as SA continues its corrupt system it can never set course towards a justifiable system. Buddy, your foundation itself is based on lies and corruption, how do you expect intelligent Muslims to respect such rulers?

Oh and here is something interesting for you to read as well.

"By the early 20th century, the Ottoman Empire continued to control or have suzerainty (albeit nominal) over most of the peninsula. Subject to this suzerainty, Arabia was ruled by a patchwork of tribal rulers (including the Al Saud who had returned from exile in 1902 – see below) with the Sharif of Mecca having pre-eminence and ruling the Hejaz.[7][9][14]
In 1916, with the encouragement and support of Britain and France[15] (which were fighting the Ottomans in the First World War), the Sharif of Mecca, Hussein bin Ali, led a pan-Arab revolt against the Ottoman Empire with the aim of securing Arab independence and creating a single unified Arab state spanning the Arab territories from Aleppo in Syria to Aden in Yemen. The Arab army comprised bedouin and others from across the peninsula, but not the Al Saud and their allied tribes who did not participate in the revolt partly because of a long-standing rivalry with the Sharifs of Mecca and partly because their priority was to defeat the Al Rashid for control of the interior. Nevertheless, the revolt played a part in the Middle-Eastern Front and tied down thousands of Ottoman troops thereby contributing to the Ottomans' First World War defeat in 1918"

History of Saudi Arabia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see Al-Saud had nothing to do with the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

I would really wish that our Pakistani brothers could overcome the corruption and have a healthy economy. Yet as i pointed out before, the people has to take action against corruption themselves. You shouldn't expect fron your politicians anything, because they are dishonest.

Well said bro. We will have election soon, we should vote the right person and new leader (i.e Imran Khan maybe you aware), many Pakistanis have hopefully faith on Imran and get right direction. I remind, Pakistan should make plan on economy reform early in 1970s, I bet it will become wealthy strong country today.

Turkey is great example today in secular government and equality balances I appreciated, this should be same example in Pakistan systems and intolerances religious nuts.

I just want to say that. Turkiye still is a NATO member.....:D

LOL, Turkey is great country and wonderful people but evil monster (NATO) prevent me to go there, sister. :cry:

%$#$@#@NATO: :lol:

Turkish product have quality comparable to European standards yet cost considerably less. That is the prime driver behind Turkish rising economic might! Good going Turkey, it is setting a example to follow in the Islamic world..compare this with oil loaded Arabs and what example they are settling! That of laziness and free entitlement!

in a sense we are but it's PURELY because of the sanctions
our industrial base is larger than Turkey in some cases even
We don't export though (sanctions are the main reason) and that is stopping the influx of hard foreign currency. Our PPP GDP is pretty much the same as Turkey though (our PPP is above 1 trillion).

im actually more so afraid of Iran becoming a "western" type of country. more so because they would give us a hard fight in the economical race. if the sanctions are put aside and the quality put up you would have a race on selling the best products :)

but you do have to get the oil dependency to minimal!

im actually more so afraid of Iran becoming a "western" type of country. more so because they would give us a hard fight in the economical race. if the sanctions are put aside and the quality put up you would have a race on selling the best products :)

but you do have to get the oil dependency to minimal!
oil brings in the money, but that's not the whole picture as I said before. The industrial base is not only set, it's thriving. We produce everything we need and then some. We just can't export it for obvious reasons. 70 percent of our exports are oil and gas, but only 18 percent of our economy is oil+gas (75 billion/416 which was our GDP in 2010). That isn't too bad. The only way to get ourselves out of this is to have the sanctions removed. When that happens, we're half way home. Another problem right now is that because we're not doing business with foreign banks, our companies and firms don't have any credit. The only place where they can get credit is Iranian banks. Imgaine a Turkish firm only having Turkish banks and no other options. The largest auto manufacturer in Iran Iran Khodro (produces more than 800K vehicles and has factories in 5 countries). The only way they can get credit is if they beg some Iranian bank. I was watching an interview with one of the executives and he said that we had to shelve our expansion plan for a year just because we couldn't get funding, whereas a foreign auto company can get credit within 3 days from any bank in the world.

Despite all this challenges I think we're doing pretty good, mainly thanks to oil+gas to back us up. That's why we're part of the N-11 (Turkey is also part of it) while a country like KSA that exports 4-5 times more oil than Iran and has no sanctions placed on it is not. Turkey's advantage is its proximity to Europe, ours is the fact that we can help keep our companies afloat with oil and gas. It's gonna be interesting to see what would happen if the sanctions are removed. I think both countries have a great future and can help each other the same way that SK and Japan help each other.

P.S. I think quality wise we can match if given the chance. This car for example gets exported to Russia and passes all Euro safety standards. It won't see the light of say in NA and Europe though (outside of russia and Belarus)

Last edited by a moderator:
true, i'm actually scared for the day Iran's sanctions are lifted. they will be an economical threat for Turkey. but i will support Iran... it will keep the race for better products and quality running. :tup:

I am very fond of turkeys food product ,specially fond of tayas chocolate related item. last three years i have been buying Turkish item including tyas from trade fair in Dhaka .recently i got Turkish chocolate product in super market too. congratulation to my Turkish brothers .:cheers: :tup:

Do you guys really feel that life is different in Turkey since AK Party took office ? Is the country more organized ? Cleaner ? Can people actually find jobs ? Are people happier ? Egypt have had very good GDP growth before the revolution but most people did feel it... I felt it from abroad because i saw a lot of Infra structure development project taking place or abut to take place.

Do you guys really feel that life is different in Turkey since AK Party took office ? Is the country more organized ? Cleaner ? Can people actually find jobs ? Are people happier ? Egypt have had very good GDP growth before the revolution but most people did feel it... I felt it from abroad because i saw a lot of Infra structure development project taking place or abut to take place.

Yes, but a lot of anti-Erdogan supporters will not admit it. I don't support any particular party or person, but the man has done some great things for the economy.

Back
Top Bottom