What's new

Turkey's Defence Exports up 20%

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Turkey's defense industry exports up this year

Turkey's defense exports for the first quarter of this year are valued at US$322 million, a 20 percent increase on the same period last year, according to figures from the Turkish Exporters' Assembly (TİM).

The U.S. was the largest purchaser of Turkish defense hardware, worth a total of US$136 million. Other major markets were Spain and the United Arab Emirates, spending around US$19.4 million each.

The top export items were aircraft, helicopter parts, engines, armored land vehicles, speed boats, missiles, rockets, launching platforms, light weapons and electronic systems including transmitters, simulators, sensors and software.

Defence industry products make up only 1 percent of total exports, which are valued at US$38.6 billion in the first quarter of 2014.

According to data by the Turkish Defence & Aerospace Industry Exporters' Association (SSI), Turkey's exports in the defense and aviation industries combined reached $1.39 billion in 2013.

Turkey's defense industry exports up this year | General | Worldbulletin News

I don't wanna sound negative but to be realistic we can't reach 25 billion $ target by the year 2023 with a small size of grow. It should be annually %40 - 45, I know our sector guys work so hard, follow and join fairs and find customers all around the world but there is a small problem. With excisiting "Product range" we have a limit of export. I don't underestimate it, we have a emerging defense market and we did good so far. But the most of systems we produce are can be manufactured by others as well. Altay, Anka, Atak, Milgem, Göktürk sats are a very good start to raise the bar but they are not ready yet for export beside this we need another boom with complicated and high tech toys just like ballistic missiles, fighters and air defense systems. What I wanna say is we are a lit bit of behind the timeline, we need to work harder for closing the gap. Once our indigenous defence toys family is ready and backed by good and stable economy another target must be to arm Muslim and Turkic states, we have to be their main supplier with proven battle platforms. That's the only way to increase influence on this geography then things come; Then I expect a seat at UNSC.. I am sure all of these are calculated long ago but they won't let us reach that aim one way or another.. With artificial unrests.. You kno what I mean...

Back
Top Bottom