What's new

Turkey to start delivering T-155 Firtina self-propelled howitzers ordered by Azerbaijan next year

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
[ 09 December 2013 14:08 ]
Baku. Rashad Suleymanov - APA. Turkey will start delivering T-155 Firtina (Storm) self-propelled howitzers ordered by Azerbaijan next year, Turkey’s Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation toldAPA.

Currently, the engines produced by an unnamed country are being tested, if the tests produce efficient results, the engines will be installed on the ready systems and delivered to Azerbaijan.

Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation continues producing self-propelled howitzers. 36 self-propelled howitzers will be delivered under T-155 Firtina contract signed between Azerbaijan and Turkey.

The contract was signed in 2011. But Germany’s MTU company, which provides engines for Firtina, refused to provide engines for the howitzers ordered by Azerbaijan citing to the embargo imposed in connection with the armed conflict with Armenia.

If the engine problem is solved, Azerbaijan intends to increase T-155 Firtina howitzers.

APA - Turkey to start delivering T-155 Firtina self-propelled howitzers ordered by Azerbaijan next year

eppjuHL.jpg

Super news! Very happy for Turkey Defense industry. Do you know if Pakistan has made any inquiries regarding this system?

Super news! Very happy for Turkey Defense industry. Do you know if Pakistan has made any inquiries regarding this system?

Though i love this system, i doubt we have the deep pocket needed for getting these beauties. :confused:

We have to solve engin problems. This is second shit problem with the engine of product.

Oh, not for very long. Nasty, nasty Germans ! ^^

Japan and Turkey are considering teaming up on Tank Engine

M. Bayar: Turkey is meeting with three countries to receive engineering support for development of national powerpack. He underlined that Turkey will not receive any licence to build them, but just engineering support for some specific areas by money.

Austria: Steyr
Germany: MTU
Japan: Mitsubishi

The final engine to be developed will be revealed within 5 years...

Land sector Domestic Powerpack family to be developed based on core engine technology applied for 1500hp...

1500hp Engine + Transmission: Altay Main Battle Tanks
1000hp Engine + Transmission: Firtina Howitzers
800hp Engine + Transmission: 30 tonnes class Tulpar IFV's
350-400hp Engine + Transmission: Heavy Kirpi class MRAP
180-200hp engine + Transmission : Cobra MRAP
and others...

With this way, The national contribution of Turkish industry for an avarage Land vehicle will be reached more than %95.

Azerbaijan will need these against certain chauvinist.

M. Bayar: Turkey is meeting with three countries to receive engineering support for development of national powerpack. He underlined that Turkey will not receive any licence to build them, but just engineering support for some specific areas by money.

The final engine to be developed will be revealed within 5 years...

Land sector Domestic Powerpack family to be developed based on core engine technology applied for 1500hp...

1500hp Engine + Transmission: Altay Main Battle Tanks
1000hp Engine + Transmission: Firtina Howitzers
800hp Engine + Transmission: 30 tonnes class Tulpar IFV's
350-400hp Engine + Transmission: Heavy Kirpi class MRAP
180-200hp engine + Transmission : Cobra MRAP
and others...

With this way, The national contribution of Turkish industry for an avarage Land vehicle will be reached more than %95.
It would be mind blowing if that works, this would mean almost a total indepence in defence sector.
Thx for sharing.

It would be mind blowing if that works, this would mean almost a total indepence in defence sector.
Thx for sharing.

Of course if ! ^^

You know the word ‘competition’. That the best wins.

But of course germany will try to cheat (Like USA with HQ-9 Air Defense System). He will not shoot themselves in the foot. I think it's Mitsubishi who will win (Shuut! It's a secret but Austria = also Germany). :happy:

It is not wonderful my ‘TK-X MBT’ ? :partay:

Last edited:
BTW, According to some reports, Azerbaijan wants to increase the order around 50 T-155 Firtina. I think More will follow When the deliveries began.

When Azerbaijan started enjoying the impressive capabilities of T-155, especially compared with old Soviet and Russian artillery systems Azerbaijan have in arsenal at present, I sure They will order Firtina ARV vehicles for gaining perfect logistic advantages as well.

BTW, According to some reports, Azerbaijan wants to increase the order around 50 T-155 Firtina. I think More will follow When the deliveries began.

When Azerbaijan started enjoying the impressive capabilities of T-155, especially compared with old Soviet and Russian artillery systems Azerbaijan have in arsenal at present, I sure They will order Firtina ARV vehicles for gaining perfect logistic advantages as well.

What is the unit cost/fitrina?

What is the unit cost/fitrina?

Bro,
Unit cost of Firtina comes 5,7 million $ to Turkey.
Azerbaijan signed an agreement worth 200 million $ to acquire 36 or 40 Firtina. It means Azerbaijan will receive each Firtina's worth 5 million $ (based on ordering 40). If The number is 50 Firtina, It means 4 million $ each...

Last edited:
Bro,
Unit cost of Firtina comes 5,7 million $ to Turkey.
Azerbaijan signed an agreement worth 200 million $ to acquire 36 or 40 Firtina. It means Azerbaijan will receive each Firtina's worth 5 million $ (based on ordering 40). If The number is 50 Firtina, It means 4 million $ each...

How could that be possible? I think there is something wrong in the info.

Back
Top Bottom