What's new

Turkey surpasses Eurozone in GDP growth

Turkey's goal for 2023 is to have $2.5 Trillion GDP which will place us just behind the Germany.

No actually, it will place you behind France , UK, Germany and Russia, our PPP is already at 2.5 trillion as of 2012 just behind Germany and by 2023 it will be 5 trillion which make Russia the number 1 of economy Europe. :smokin:

No actually, it will place you behind France , UK, Germany and Russia, our PPP is already at 2.5 trillion as of 2012 just behind Germany and by 2023 it will be 5 trillion which make Russia the number 1 of economy Europe. :smokin:

Talking about ppp is quite useless. It's only a measurement for domestic issues.

When you're talking in terms of world economy, nominal gdp is the measurement that's supposed to be used.
Which Russia is also developing in very well.

Turkey grows 4.4 percent in 2nd quarter

Turkey’s economy continues on its growth track for the 15th consecutive quarter, expanding by 4.4 percent in the second quarter of 2013, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat).

The 4.4 percent growth rate exceeds forecasts and makes the country the highest performing economy in Europe and the third fastest grower in the world. Meanwhile, TurkStat revised the country’s first quarter growth down to 2.9 percent from 3 percent, which, combined with the newly released figures, corresponds to a 3.7 percent growth for the first half.

Commenting on the news, Turkey’s Minister of Economy, Zafer Caglayan, said that the 4.4 percent was admirably positive given the status of the world economy. “Despite the regional uncertainties, Turkey has been growing at an annual average rate of 5.3 percent in the last decade. Our second quarter performance indicates that annual growth rate will be slightly below 4 percent.”, he remarked.

Turkey’s annual GDP growth stood at 2.2 percent in 2012, following impressive growth rate figures of 9.2 and 8.5 percent in 2010 and 2011 respectively. The country aims to reach 4 percent of GDP growth rate in 2013 as per the government’s medium term program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to ask German Finance Minister's opnion whom said Turkey has no place in Europe...... Of course I'm joking even if we exceed the Germany's GDP, they will still tell us that we have no place in Europe. :D

Nope,mate,some of the biggest economist of the world say,that in 2030,list will be
1)USA/CHINA
2)CHINA/USA
3)JAPAN
4)RUSSIA
5)INDIA
6)GERMANY....
Russian economy will overtake UK,GERMANY and France in next few years.

Talking about ppp is quite useless. It's only a measurement for domestic issues.

When you're talking in terms of world economy, nominal gdp is the measurement that's supposed to be used.
Which Russia is also developing in very well.

I agree with you,mate,Turkey dont need EU,ask Romanians and Bulgarians,I am most fascinated by Turkish medicine,in the next few years it will be among the best in the whole world.Alot of Balkan people from Western Balkan come to Turkey for great medicine treatment.

I am really sorry to answered to posts two months old.I didint see that.

I agree with you,mate,Turkey dont need EU,ask Romanians and Bulgarians,I am most fascinated by Turkish medicine,in the next few years it will be among the best in the whole world.Alot of Balkan people from Western Balkan come to Turkey for great medicine treatment.

I am really sorry to answered to posts two months old.I didint see that.

Ahaaa, İ see we have sırp amongst us :). Welcome mate.

Yeah İ heard about medical tourists, quiet proud of it :). Didn't know there were also this much coming from balkans though.
İ assume that since they pass on German and Austrian health care, it's too expensive?
Ooh and you don't have to be sorry :). İ'm still alive so İ can still answer you.

Yeah İ heard about medical tourists, quiet proud of it :). Didn't know there were also this much coming from balkans though.
İ assume that since they pass on German and Austrian health care, it's too expensive?
Ooh and you don't have to be sorry :). İ'm still alive so İ can still answer you.

Yeap, we got Romanian, Serbian and Bosnian from Balkan countries. :)

But what i need is , a Greek. :butcher:

hehehe,yes Turkey is again in west Balkan :D.Last week I watched on TV that Turkish doctors is one of the best in liver sphere,and alot of upper middle class Serbs going to Turkey for medical treatment,and I must say that your Turkish series is very popular here :lol:.
Here in Serbia we have(not me) a little concern about a Turkish comeback in Balkan,no offense but alot of people think that Turkey will do something that will oppose Serbian interest here,but on the other side,Turkey is most powerful country in Balkan area and we should cooperate in both ways,for Turkish good and Serbian too.

Here in Serbia we have(not me) a little concern about a Turkish comeback in Balkan,no offense but alot of people think that Turkey will do something that will oppose Serbian interest here,but on the other side,Turkey is most powerful country in Balkan area and we should cooperate in both ways,for Turkish good and Serbian too.

Mate, can you explain this "Turkish comeback in Balkan"..... I mean time of the conquests long gone. How can Turkey oppose the Serbian Interest ? What is the way to oppose the Serbian Interests in practical way ?

Mate, can you explain this "Turkish comeback in Balkan"..... I mean time of the conquests long gone. How can Turkey oppose the Serbian Interest ? What is the way to oppose the Serbian Interests in practical way ?

I will give my best to explain to you...
Era of military conquests are gone(for small and middle countries,not for big)....but economic and energy conquest not.Turkey is not energy power,but it have biggest economic on the Balkans.Look at Russia they have a hegemonial rule of Europe becouse of their vast energy resources,like Chine will have soft power projection vie its big economic boom in the next decade.Like China and Russia,Turkey will have a captability to project it economic power on Balkan countries backed by strong military.It is in human nature that everyone seeks for more power.
How can Turkey oppose Serbian interest?Davatoglu and Erdogan has say something that most of Serbian media transfer to people.Davutoglu and Erdogan said that thay will backed Albania interest.
What is Albanian interest?It is making of Greater of "Natural" Albania,it is not only a Kosovo,natural Albania is Kosovo+half of montenegro+half of Macedonia+south Serbian teritiories+Greece Epirus.
I am hoping that Turkey will not follow Albanian interest and that it will cooperate with all Balkan countres for everyone good.

I will give my best to explain to you...
Era of military conquests are gone(for small and middle countries,not for big)....but economic and energy conquest not.Turkey is not energy power,but it have biggest economic on the Balkans.Look at Russia they have a hegemonial rule of Europe becouse of their vast energy resources,like Chine will have soft power projection vie its big economic boom in the next decade.Like China and Russia,Turkey will have a captability to project it economic power on Balkan countries backed by strong military.It is in human nature that everyone seeks for more power.
How can Turkey oppose Serbian interest?Davatoglu and Erdogan has say something that most of Serbian media transfer to people.Davutoglu and Erdogan said that thay will backed Albania interest.
What is Albanian interest?It is making of Greater of "Natural" Albania,it is not only a Kosovo,natural Albania is Kosovo+half of montenegro+half of Macedonia+south Serbian teritiories+Greece Epirus.
I am hoping that Turkey will not follow Albanian interest and that it will cooperate with all Balkan countres for everyone good.

Turkeys foreign policy with this government is Neo-Ottomanism and Islamism they will only serve their own interests and that of Islamists that support Erdogans government. Ahmad Davutoglu is a Neo-Ottoman.

This is somewhat surprising. I had assumed the Turks' economy was faring rather poorly, being largely dependent on tourism, and what with the Syrian spillover across their borders.

Back
Top Bottom