Turkey purchased third deep sea drilling ship

cabatli_53

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
New baby will come to E.Med !

upload_2020-2-9_13-5-58.jpeg

Ground hardness determination, sea floor maps preparation and sampling were completed by the oceanographic units of the Turkish navy. Seismic surveys have been going on for several years with vessels from MTA and TPAO. With the purchase of deepsea metro 1 and deepsea metro2 , TPAO had started deep underwater drilling in the designated areas with its ships. Turkey had very limited experience in deepwater drilling . Therefore TPAO made a protocol with the aim of minimizing the risks in this area with Schlumberger. This process was conducted with previously Rowan Companies.

Turkey is carrying out the process by state facilities like MTA,TPAO,TN instead of parcelling these areas to foreign companies. While technical consultancy and workforce support are received from the world's leading companies on oil/gas extraction operations, a worldwide hydrography and drilling fleet has been created. This capacity is directly protected by the Turkish navy. As a result, there is a situation that disturbs leading global companies in its field. This capacity will carry out exploration activities not only in Turkish waters, but also in the Mediterranean and even in the Atlantic shores for other countries in near future.

Last edited:
Ground hardness determination, sea floor maps preparation and sampling were completed by the oceanographic units of the Turkish navy. Seismic surveys have been going on for several years with vessels from MTA and TPAO. With the purchase of deepsea metro 1 and deepsea metro2 , TPAO had started deep underwater drilling in the designated areas with its ships. Turkey had very limited experience in deepwater drilling . Therefore TPAO made a protocol with the aim of minimizing the risks in this area with Schlumberger. This process was conducted with previously Rowan Companies.

Turkey is carrying out the process by state facilities like MTA,TPAO,TN instead of parcelling these areas to foreign companies. While technical consultancy and workforce support are received from the world's leading companies on oil/gas extraction operations, a worldwide hydrography and drilling fleet has been created. This capacity is directly protected by the Turkish navy. As a result, there is a situation that disturbs leading global companies in its field. This capacity will carry out exploration activities not only in Turkish waters, but also in the Mediterranean and even in the Atlantic shores for other countries in near future.
But I was reading in a newspaper about an agreement, its not clear in my mind but was mentioning that Turkey is bound under agreement untill 2023. After that Turkey will start drilling in its own territories.

But I was reading in a newspaper about an agreement, its not clear in my mind but was mentioning that Turkey is bound under agreement untill 2023. After that Turkey will start drilling in its own territories.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: did those fallacies reach your newspapers?

Turkey have long history of building different type of ships why they need to buy these drill ships fron Korea ?

Turkey have long history of building different type of ships why they need to buy these drill ships fron Korea ?
Turkey has no sufficient accumulation in deepwater drilling platforms. These platforms have capable of a drilling depth of 12000+ meters under high pressure and high sea state conditions. Without wasting time ever, this ships was supposed to take the field. You can protect the area, but you cant own if you are not using. Thus, domestic projects can proceed in the background within the foreseeable risk range.

Please examine historical issues with academically validated sources, not in newspaper corners or social media caps. Do not believe in false convictions.

Back
Top Bottom