What's new

Turkey offers help in launching metro bus services in other cities

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Turkey has offered assistance and investment in running metro bus service in any other city of Pakistan, including Karachi.In a brief chat with The News, the Turkish ambassador Mustafa Babar Hizlan said that Turkey is prepared to help Pakistan in its efforts to improve its transportation system further.

To a query he said that Turkey is willing to extend similar cooperation for introduction of metro bus service project for Karachi and even for other cities of Pakistan. While drawing parallel with the metro bus service already running in Istanbul, the envoy said that it runs on more than 50-km-long route and it is further expanding just like the system in Lahore that too will be expanded.

Saudi ambassador Dr Abdul Aziz Ibrahim Saleh Al-Ghadeer, who also attended the Lahore metro bus service inauguration, appreciated the inaugural ceremony and service. He returned to federal capital late Sunday evening. To a query, the ambassador made it clear he had no plan to meet President Zardari in Lahore and made it clear that he had gone to Lahore for attending the metro bus service inauguration. The Saudi envoy brushed aside the impression that he has been playing any role in defusing the tension between the political parties of Pakistan.

The Saudi ambassador said that other big cities, including Karachi, should also have the metro bus service. He said Riyadh also has metro bus service and like Lahore it is also being run on most sophisticated lines with the collaboration of some foreign companies.

The Riyadh bus service is also being expanded. He said that the holy places are also being connected through metro train service in the Kingdom. He said he couldn’t offer any comment about the possibility of Saudi investment in such project but Saudi Arabia is prepared to do whatever is possible for the good of Pakistan.

Turkey offers help in launching metro bus services in other cities - thenews.com.pk

We need this in all major cities. Obviously, Karachi is the most complicated and deserves one.

Karachi metro bus services will be made by Altaf Bhai Batha Khore:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

No wait for a while.

First let the people learn how to use such facility. I saw picture on FB where people were brutally using this service. The way Pakistani people are using these buses I think these will not make 1 year.

No wait for a while.

First let the people learn how to use such facility. I saw picture on FB where people were brutally using this service. The way Pakistani people are using these buses I think these will not make 1 year.

If any one really knows about nature of Lahories.... Than no need to be worried..... It was day... They were having free rides..... So it would improve after some time...... Daewoo has already been working very well..... Fact is that our Karachi needs any such project at the earliest......;)

No wait for a while.

n wat r those ways?

We need this in all major cities. Obviously, Karachi is the most complicated and deserves one.
turkey walon kyun tum log pakistan ki economy ka rape kar rahe ho....education aur health pe invest karne ke liye to paise nahi hai aur transport par billions rupee ki subsidy dene ke liye paise hai...becharon par reham karo

Why not utilize the full support that Turkey is offering ? This might also deepen the relations .

No wait for a while.

that's why pakistan should invest more on education and social awareness instead of these corrupted projects....one more thing don't imitate indian cities and their projects of introducing metro in almost all major cities like mumbai,delhi,jaipur,hyderabad,bangalore,calcutta etc. ...the reason is simple we have money but u don't have:):):):):):):)

that's why pakistan should invest more on education and social awareness instead of these corrupted projects....one more thing don't imitate indian cities and their projects of introducing metro in almost all major cities like mumbai,delhi,jaipur,hyderabad,bangalore,calcutta etc. ...the reason is simple we have money but u don't have:):):):):):):)

Thanks for trolling. If there ever were some exam on trolling surely u would have won it. And I dont know who is imitating Indian City because this metro project was 'imported' from Turkey so tell me where in the blue India fits in this Metro. Kid go and get some chamanparash or what ever the heck is that thing....

Metro Train service would be better alternative for Karachi
But the Bus service should be standard mode of transporation

Instead of investing in metro projects in Pakistan, Turkey should donate that money to super power india so that they can build toilets for half of their population and hire some cops to protect the women in Delhi and bombay.

Back
Top Bottom