What's new

TUBITAK to develop laser CIWS to be stationed aboard TF-2000 class AAW Frigates

Integration of Korkut FCR to Naval platforms
1ik5sw.jpg

Naval variant (White) Korkut test mechanizm...

attachment.php

Cabatli bro it will be a little offtopic but, as for now, what armaments will be used on TF-2000? both domestic and foreign?

Domestic:

-Aselsan radar complex called CAFRAD (Long range search radar, illumination radar, fire control radar, Ares 2NS electronic Support/Attack system at the top of the mast, X band satellite communication system) All in one
-Roketsan Atmaca anti-ship missile 280km (Atmaca will have capability of both land attack and anti-ship capabilities)
-Roketsan/Tübitak Gezgin Ship based Land attack cruise missile (1000km )
-Aselsan CIWS gun/Lazer
-MKE 76mm gun
- Aselsan STAMP/STOP or Muhafiz stabilized gun combinations
-Roketsan Hisar-A/O SAM missiles integration efforts may be taken place in accordance with Turkish navy requirements.
-SeaHawk helicopters will fire Roketsan Mizrak-D variant of Mizrak anti-tank missiles.

Foreign:

-SM-2 missiles
-RAM missiles

I'm curious what they are going to come up with.the laser weapons of the americans doesn't doesn't work in every weather conditions so they haven't implemented . I wouldn't be surprised if the Turks make the breakthrough in this technology. it were the Turks who made the first hand guns in history when everybody else didn't have any gun smaller than a cannon. I believe we will also make a breakthrough in this technology. this technology can even be used into space and it can be attached to our satellites or we can even make space drone with lasers which can be used to destroy enemy satellites and blind them.

Domestic:

-Aselsan radar complex called CAFRAD (Long range search radar, illumination radar, fire control radar, Ares 2NS electronic Support/Attack system at the top of the mast, X band satellite communication system) All in one
-Roketsan Atmaca anti-ship missile 280km (Atmaca will have capability of both land attack and anti-ship capabilities)
-Aselsan CIWS gun/Lazer
-MKE 76mm gun
-Roketsan Hisar-A/O SAM missiles integration efforts may be taken place in accordance with Turkish navy requirements.
-SeaHawk helicopters will fire Roketsan Mizrak-D variant of Mizrak anti-tank missiles.

Foreign:

-SM-2 missiles
-RAM missiles

Thanks. There's nothing we've been hearing from that project. Where are we excatly at TF2000, right now?

Thanks. There's nothing we've been hearing from that project. Where are we excatly at TF2000, right now?

TF-2000 is at design process based on foreign missile selection that USA gave permission. What Turkish Navy requested was SM-3 missiles but It is rejected cause of not choosing USA based Aegis Combat management/radar/missile complex.

Turkey didn't follow the way of S. Korea, Norway and Spain like countries where they equip USA Aegis CMS/Missile/Radar complex on own designed frigates/destroyers. USA made pressure on us with many ways but Turkey is a rare country that can equip own radar complex/combat management system on TF-2000. Defficiency was about missile selection which may affect design process of frigate so The project was delayed a bit...

Domestic:

-Aselsan CIWS gun/Lazer
-MKE 76mm gun

Foreign:

-SM-2 missiles
-RAM missiles

With these & maybe with more, i think TF-2000 will be atleast 80% indigenous... MİLGEM was 67%...

With these & maybe with more, i think TF-2000 will be atleast 80% indigenous... MİLGEM was 67%...

Not Milgem but first ship of Milgem class corvette called TCG Heybeliada constructed with %67 national contribution. Second, third and following productions carries more national contribution rates... Missiles, Fire control radar, Torpedo counter measure systems...etc will be domestic in following productions...

I'm curious what they are going to come up with.the laser weapons of the americans doesn't doesn't work in every weather conditions so they haven't implemented . I wouldn't be surprised if the Turks make the breakthrough in this technology. it were the Turks who made the first hand guns in history when everybody else didn't have any gun smaller than a cannon. I believe we will also make a breakthrough in this technology. this technology can even be used into space and it can be attached to our satellites or we can even make space drone with lasers which can be used to destroy enemy satellites and blind them.
Now America has developed the system more. :usflag:
Boeing Laser Demonstrator Destroys Targets through Wind and Fog | Defense Technology News at DefenceTalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom