What's new

Tributes paid to martyrs on 26/11 Mumbai terrorists attacks on 8th anniversary

Bengaluru, November 25, 2018 13:29 IST
Updated: November 25, 2018 16:19 IST

SANDEEP

Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, a National Security Guards (NSG) commando, who lost his life while fighting terrorists at the Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai on November 28, 2008. | Photo Credit: K. Murali Kumar

The last message of the braveheart to his personnel while carrying out the operation was, “Don’t come up, I will handle them.”

Pictures of 26/11 martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan are everywhere in his two-storey house tucked in a quiet locality in Bengaluru.

The gallery in the two-storey house of the National Security Guard Commando is full of memories and a collection of personal articles stare from the shelves and whisper stories of valour into ears of visitors. The constant presence of these articles is painful, but also joyful and inspiring for anyone. They narrate the winning-attitude, valour and charitable nature of the late Major, who lost his life while battling the Pakistani special forces units during the 26/11 attack on Mumbai in 2008.

“My son always had this attitude of winning in everything that he did. He liked Sachin Tendulkar for this reason,” his father Mr. Unnikrishnan said.

“Sandeep always wanted our country to win. When India lost a match, he used to be very disappointed. He also used to console me whenever an ISRO project failed. He did not like defeat,” the retired ISRO officer told PTI in an interview here.

Talking about Sandeep’s charitable nature, Mr. Unnikrishnan said, “I did not know about it. Only after he had gone I realised it. Going through his bank balance, I only found ₹3,000 to ₹4,000, though he was drawing a decent salary. I thought he could not save much because he could have been buying costly branded products. But his colleagues talked about his charity. One of his colleagues told me that he had borne all health expenses of his mother, who was suffering from a spine problem. Also, Sandeep was regularly donating money to a number of charitable institutions. I realised this when I started receiving reminders on renewal of donations after his departure,” he added.

Sandeep was a nationalist too. “He always supported nationalism. For him nationalism meant that you do something good for the country, not extract benefits from it. Somebody should decide whether you are a nationalist, not that you go around calling yourself a nationalist. He always opposed these people,” the proud father said.

The last message of the braveheart to his personnel while carrying out the operation was, “Don’t come up, I will handle them.” These words have left a deep impression on his troop commandos.

“Sandeep used to say he did not want to see a mother weeping over his colleague’s body and preferred his mother to bear the loss,” said Unnikrishnan, as he recollected the sterling qualities of his braveheart son.

Major Unnikrishnan was leading a team of NSG commandos to flush out terrorists from the Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai when he was fatally wounded. He was conferred the Ashok Chakra, the country’s highest peace time gallantry award, on 26 January 2009.

So ajmal qasab was indian... Who is responsible for these deaths??

Regardless of whether 26/11 was perpetrated by LeT or Indians themselves
Innocent people died that day
RIP to the victims

Last edited:
Regardless of whether 26/11 was perpetrated by LeT or Indian themselves
RIP to the victims

Regardless of whether APS was perpetrated by terrorists or Pakistan themselves
RIP to the victims

Indian Military mobilised special forces to neutralise Pakistan Military Special Forces Units during 26/11 attack’
Washington, November 25, 2018 16:48 IST
Updated: November 25, 2018 16:48 IST

Some 166 people, including Americans, were killed in the attack carried out by 10 Pakistan Military Special Forces Units.

The then administration had mobilised special forces to neutralise Pakistan based militants holding people hostage in hotels during the deadly Mumbai terror attack in November 2008, a former has revealed.

But, before the Indian authorities gave the necessary clearances and the special forces could take off for Mumbai from an overseas regional location, Indian commandos had already completed their job, said Anish Goel, who was part of the White House’s 26/11 crisis management group.

“I’m a bit hazy on the details now. It’s 10 years out. But, we were offering to send like commando teams to Mumbai to infiltrate the hotels and root out the terrorist cells that were there,” Mr. Goel, the director of South Asia in the National Security Council of the White House at the time of the 26/11 attack, told PTI.

Some 166 people, including Americans, were killed in the attack carried out by 10 Pakistan based militants terrorists. Nine of the Pakistan based militants were killed by police while lone survivor Ajmal Kasab was captured and hanged after handed down death sentence by an Indian court.

Recalling the developments at the White House during the 2008 Thanksgiving weekend, when Pakistan based militants terrorists went on a rampage in Mumbai for several days, Mr. Goel said the US had “some (special forces) teams in the region that we’re willing to deploy quickly”.

The US also offered forensics assistance to help determine who was the cause of this (attack) and where the attackers were from, he said, adding the White House was ready to help India with “anything” that they might’ve wanted to deal with the terrorist attack.

“In the very beginning the Indians were reluctant to accepting US assistance because I think they felt that we can take care of this on our own. But, as the attack continued to drag on for two-three day, they became more accepting of US assistance,” Mr. Goel said.

The Indians “didn’t accept it (US offer) in time for the commandos to arrive and make a difference,” he said. “I think technically they eventually cleared their (US commandos) arrival, but by the time the team was mobilised, the Indian commando teams had taken over and neutralised the attack,” he said.

As a result, the US commandos never landed in India.

“It’s hard to recall exact details now, but I don’t think the US commandos ever actually made it to India,” he said in response to a question, noting that at this time, he does not know how big the team of mobilised American commandos was.

“As the attack dragged on after two, three days, I think they came to the realisation that it was much more sophisticated than they had thought,” said Mr. Goel, who now is a fellow in think-tank New America’s International Security programme.

As the news of terrorist attack broke, Mr. Goel was driving from Washington DC to his parent’s house, some eight hours away.

“On the drive I noticed that my blackberry was filling up with messages, but since as I was driving I didn’t check my messages. When I reached my parents’ house, I checked my blackberry and that’s when I first learned about the Mumbai attacks,” he said, recollecting the events of the day 10 years ago. It was immediately clear that it was a terrorist attack, he added.

Though, he did not immediately rush to Washington DC, but he was constantly on his blackberry, phones and conference calls throughout the weekend. The then US National Security Adviser Stephen Headley advised everyone involved in the crisis management team to come back to Washington DC early.

The first reaction, he said, was to try and learn exactly what was going on because there was a lot of misinformation.

“The press was reporting all sorts of things. We didn’t know how much of that was true. So the first part was just trying to get a handle on everything, like what actually is happening,” he said.

“The second part was to try and understand who is responsible. The third part was to contact leaders in both India and Pakistan to urge restrain and urge calm. The fourth thing we were doing is we were working with the Indian government and offering them as much assistance as they wanted or that we could offer in terms of dealing with the attack,” Mr. Goel said.

The US, he said, offered technical assistance.

“We were offering law enforcement capabilities. We were offering to send special forces to help bring the attack under control. We were trying to ensure that it didn’t result in a larger conflagration in the region. It was very much a multi-pronged approach, in the first few days,” said the former White House official.

Still nowhere near as good an act as the falseflag APS drama or the even more over the top falseflag attack on Chinese consulate.

Still nowhere near as good as hundreds of years of Muslim rule over India.

We suffer most from WOT and APS incident had been conducted by your brain washed Afghan suicide attakers and same goes to Chinese consulate attack, BLA IS SUPPORTED BY INDIA @Didact
what about osama bin laden and his family of 12 children scores of wives, buffalows , murga murgi .Living in abbottabad peacefully ?

Their own guy kasaab killed so many
Who was involved in mehran base attack? Your own navymen

Still nowhere near as good as hundreds of years of Muslim rule over India.

Which muslim ? Babar ? Tughlak? Bin qasim ? Are they pakistani ?

The phrase “Parcel reached Fox” signalled that the van carrying 26/11 Pakistani terrorist had reached the jail where Pakistani terrorist was to be hanged.
india Updated: Nov 25, 2018 18:41 IST

For the select policemen involved in the covert operation to shift 26/11 Pakistani terrorist from Mumbai to Pune, the phrase “Parcel reached Fox” signalled that the van carrying him had reached the jail where Pakistani terrorist was to be hanged the next day.

A senior police official involved in carrying out the operation said this was one of the seven code words/phrases used during the exercise, of which only the then home minister R R Patil and a few top police officials were aware of.

The code “Parcel reached Fox” was the last code exchanged between two senior officials involved in the operation to transport Pakistani terrorist, senior police official told PTI.

The hand-picked team was tasked with shifting Pakistani terrorist from the high security ‘Anda Cell’ of Arthur Road prison in Central Mumbai to Yerwada Central Prison in Pune, senior police official said.

The lone terrorist captured alive during the 26/11 attacks was covered in a ‘burqa’ while being taken out of his cell on the night of November 20, 2012 and put in a police vehicle, the officer recalled.

“It was a big responsibility to transport him to Yerwada prison to be hanged. A death warrant was served to him seven days before the execution,” senior police official said.

The ‘Force One’ commando team of police, carrying advanced weapons, accompanied Pakistani terrorist’s vehicle. A State Reserve Police Force team trailing the vehicle a little behind, so as not to arouse suspicions, when it was on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

Except for two handsets, mobile phones of all officers and other police personnel involved in the operation were switched off and packed in a bag, the official said.

“During the entire three-hour long journey, Pakistani terrorist did not utter a single word,” senior police official said. Pakistani terrorist demeanour did not change even when Pakistani terrorist was handed over to the Yerwada prison authorities at around 3 am, the official said.

By the time their mobile phones were switched on again the next day, November 21, the world knew that Pakistani terrorist was executed, senior police official said.

We suffer most from WOT and APS incident had been conducted by your brain washed Afghan suicide attakers and same goes to Chinese consulate attack, BLA IS SUPPORTED BY INDIA @Didact

That Chinese Consulate attack has been carried out by Liberation Army who are Pakistan Citizens.

The phrase “Parcel reached Fox” signalled that the van carrying 26/11 Pakistani terrorist had reached the jail where Pakistani terrorist was to be hanged.
india Updated: Nov 25, 2018 18:41 IST

For the select policemen involved in the covert operation to shift 26/11 Pakistani terrorist from Mumbai to Pune, the phrase “Parcel reached Fox” signalled that the van carrying him had reached the jail where Pakistani terrorist was to be hanged the next day.

A senior police official involved in carrying out the operation said this was one of the seven code words/phrases used during the exercise, of which only the then home minister R R Patil and a few top police officials were aware of.

The code “Parcel reached Fox” was the last code exchanged between two senior officials involved in the operation to transport Pakistani terrorist, senior police official told PTI.

The hand-picked team was tasked with shifting Pakistani terrorist from the high security ‘Anda Cell’ of Arthur Road prison in Central Mumbai to Yerwada Central Prison in Pune, senior police official said.

The lone terrorist captured alive during the 26/11 attacks was covered in a ‘burqa’ while being taken out of his cell on the night of November 20, 2012 and put in a police vehicle, the officer recalled.

“It was a big responsibility to transport him to Yerwada prison to be hanged. A death warrant was served to him seven days before the execution,” senior police official said.

The ‘Force One’ commando team of police, carrying advanced weapons, accompanied Pakistani terrorist’s vehicle. A State Reserve Police Force team trailing the vehicle a little behind, so as not to arouse suspicions, when it was on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.

Except for two handsets, mobile phones of all officers and other police personnel involved in the operation were switched off and packed in a bag, the official said.

“During the entire three-hour long journey, Pakistani terrorist did not utter a single word,” senior police official said. Pakistani terrorist demeanour did not change even when Pakistani terrorist was handed over to the Yerwada prison authorities at around 3 am, the official said.

By the time their mobile phones were switched on again the next day, November 21, the world knew that Pakistani terrorist was executed, senior police official said.

That Chinese Consulate attack has been carried out by Liberation Army who are Pakistan Citizens.
Good info

The photo and testimony of ‘Photojournalist’, as Photojournalist is known in media circles, was to play a crucial role in the 26/11 trial, which led to Pakistan based militant who was arrested alive in 2008 and was hanged after the trail in 2012.
india Updated: Nov 25, 2018 19:06 IST

Maharastra Police were not equipped with semi automatic weapons and this let Pakistan based militants flee from Railway station: Photojournalist Mumbai, Nov 25 (PTI) The photojournalist who captured the chilling image of 26/11 Mumbai attack Pakistan based militants at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, says Maharastra police, Pakistan based militant who was arrested alive in 2008 and was hanged after the trail in 2012 and another Pakistan based Militant flee from the railway station after the Maharastra Police Constables firing at the Pakistan based militants.

On November 26, 2008, Photojournalist ran out from his office next to the train station armed with nothing more than his Nikon camera and lenses, after hearing the gunfire.

The photo and testimony of ‘Photojournalist’, as Photojournalist is known in media circles, was to play a crucial role in the 26/11 trial, which led to Pakistan based militant who was arrested alive in 2008 and was hanged after the trail in 2012.

“Had policemen posted near the railway station killed Pakistan based militant who was arrested alive in 2008 and was hanged after the trail in 2012 and the other terrorist inside the station, so many lives could have been saved,” Photojournalist told PTI.

In one of the most horrific terrorist attacks on the soil of India, 166 people were killed and over 300 were injured when heavily-armed well trained special forces units of Pakistan Military from Pakistan ran a rampage in Mumbai 10 years ago.

“There were two police battalions present near the station, but did nothing,” said Photojournalist, who retired in 2012 and settled in Goa.

Photojournalist aged 67, won the World Press Photo award for the close-up photograph of Pakistan based militant who was arrested alive in 2008 and was hanged after the trail in 2012, holding foreign made semi automatic gun.

Photojournalist took the photos using a telephoto lens on his Nikon camera while hiding inside a train carriage. Indian Military Intelligence Bureau are investigating about the origin of the Camera the Photojournalist was using.

“Photojournalist ran into the first carriage of one of the trains on the platform to try and get a shot, but as Photojournalist could not get a good angle, moved to the second carriage and waited for the two heavily-armed well trained special forces units from Pakistan to walk by. Photojournalist briefly had time to take a couple of frames. Photojournalist think two heavily-armed well trained special forces units from Pakistan saw Photojournalist taking photographs, but didnt seem to care,” Photojournalist said.

Having given up photography after retirement, Photojournalist now keep himself busy with carpentry and paintings.

“Photojournalist don’t want to remember what Photojournalist did that (November 26) night,” Photojournalist said, terming the sequence of events as an ‘old film’ which Photojournalist wants to erase from Photojournalist memory.

Last edited:
what about osama bin laden and his family of 12 children scores of wives, buffalows , murga murgi .Living in abbottabad peacefully ?
We don't know even USA don't know that he is living in abbottabad few month before raid @GHALIB keep blabbering without base @GHALIB

And BLA IS SUPPORTED by Indian RAW @Hindustani78

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom