What's new

Trial of Kayani for not defending Pakistan

Should Kayani stand trial for crimes against Pakistan?

• I support the motion

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • I do not support the motion

Votes: 27 58.7%

• Total voters
Asim instead of thinking emotionally, why not think rationally?

If kiyani orders to destroy drone, either he has to resign or has to revoult against civilians. If he resigns then next chief will face the same situation

if kiyani revoults, then are you prepare to live under martial law again?

So first choose what kind of consequence you want then ask his trial.

If kiyani orders to destroy drone, either he has to resign or has to revoult against civilians. If he resigns then next chief will face the same situation so what's the use of destroying one drone and resigning when we all know drone program will not stop even after

The know Bagram air base and Kandahar air base. The attack came from there, pursue your attackers, launch a barrage of missiles onto those bases.
Sorry to say but,
Are you really serious in this thread?

If kiyani orders to destroy drone, either he has to resign or has to revoult against civilians. If he resigns then next chief will face the same situation

Why does he have to revolt? President will have to come out in public and condemn it and then officially order that drones should be allowed? Then we'll leave Kayani and go after Zardari.

Sure and General Wynne is the ultimate military authority in Pakistan.

And who is the Commander In chief?

You don't just go gung ho and launch missiles in an instant just like that, at leat not in these parts.

SOP's are there, and considering the nature of the relations, Pakistan just could not shoot down a US heli, forcing it to land or intimidating it might have been an option though.

If I'm going to fly a remote control UCAV towards DC, you think USAF would call Obama, "Hellooo Obama, may I shoot down this plane that is coming to blow you up?"

Actually, all threats of that nature are conveyed to the President. A drone heading his way would lead to him being moved, while being informed of what was happening for him to make a decision. If he is unavailable, the decision is taken by the VP, and so on down the chain of command.

More like anecdotal as Pakistan army has taken down Indian aggression time and again.

Anecdotes do not constitute proof for a trial, Sir.

Lets all be fair here, nobody thinks that these resolutions mean anything. Just for public consumption, everybody knows that the final orders come fro the trio of gentlemen i.e President, PM and COAS.

Had these resolutions really meant anything, the country would not be in this state.

Actually, all threats of that nature are conveyed to the President. A drone heading his way would lead to him being moved, while being informed of what was happening for him to make a decision. If he is unavailable, the decision is taken by the VP, and so on down the chain of command.
You think Obama is on the phone all the time dealing with threats against America all the time? Defend America, no rocket science there. Rules of engagement can be set, which includes using deadly force if the threat is imminent. If you're going with this, I disagree, let the court decide on it, okay?

Anecdotes do not constitute proof for a trial, Sir.
Precedents have big value in courts.

This little excuse that Democracy is young, give it time and all that BS is failing us now.

Lets all be fair here, nobody thinks that these resolutions mean anything. Just for public consumption, everybody knows that the final orders come fro the trio of gentlemen i.e President, PM and COAS.

Had these resolutions really meant anything, the country would not be in this state.
Then why run a country, we should stop calling ourselves Pakistanis and start calling ourselves slaves of Kayani. Let's have a slave of Kayani passport issued, okay?

If the Parliament says its night at Day time, its night for Pakistan

Then why run a country, we should stop calling ourselves Pakistanis and start calling ourselves slaves of Kayani. Let's have a slave of Kayani passport issued, okay?

If the Parliament says its night at Day time, its night for Pakistan

Why does everything come down to Kayani?

The PM and Pres go scotch free just like that?

Why does everything come down to Kayani?

The PM and Pres go scotch free just like that?

The PM and Prez will come under the scanner when the Parliament explicitly gives the order to shoot down the drones, today the debate is going on in Parliament.

Then it will be incumbent upon them to give the order to shoot down drones.

The problem is they can't be put to trial for any decision they make as President or PM - the law clearly states they both have immunity for any decision they make in office. Of course then it will be incumbent upon the Parliament to do vote of no confidence and for that you have to back at the parliament.

But Kayani can be put to trial.

And Kayani is not running a country.A resolution could have been presented regarding education, health, change in laws and stupid laws at that, banning prostitution, and all that. But what do you know, KAYANI IS BLOCKING THEM RIGHT?

Our Parliamentarians just go sit in their huge chairs in the NA, have a nice cup of tea, bang the tables, have a nice fight with the opposition, hurl abuses, tear resolutions apart, ruin the quorum of the house, and then gobble up some public funds.

Did you hear the kind of language Raja Riaz used against Shahbaz Shaif some time back.

But hey, yeh to jamhuriat ka husn hai. Aur Kayani is kay peechay hai.

Is hamam main sub hi nangay hai Asim bhai.

The PM and Prez will come under the scanner when the Parliament explicitly gives the order to shoot down the drones, today the debate is going on in Parliament.

Then it will be incumbent upon them to give the order to shoot down drones.

The problem is they can't be put to trial for any decision they make as President or PM - the law clearly states they both have immunity for any decision they make in office. Of course then it will be incumbent upon the Parliament to do vote of no confidence and for that you have to back at the parliament.

But Kayani can be put to trial.

You tell me, are these resolutions really significant.???

In all your honesty, do you really think so?

And Kayani is not running a country.A resolution could have been presented regarding education, health, change in laws and stupid laws at that, banning prostitution, and all that. But what do you know, KAYANI IS BLOCKING THEM RIGHT?

Our Parliamentarians just go sit in their huge chairs in the NA, have a nice cup of tea, bang the tables, have a nice fight with the opposition, hurl abuses, tear resolutions apart, ruin the quorum of the house, and then gobble up some public funds.

Did you hear the kind of language Raja Riaz used against Shahbaz Shaif some time back.

But hey, yeh to jamhuriat ka husn hai. Aur Kayani is kay peechay hai.

Is hamam main sub hi nangay hai Asim bhai.

You tell me, are these resolutions really significant.???

In all your honesty, do you really think so?

You have given them this right, why are you decrying them to me? Take it away from them, declare your country a military dictatorship.

I am talking according to the law as it stands right now. Parliament is supreme? Then listen to them.

Don't post crap, do u wanna tell me that :

1. pak army taken permission for Kargil???????? :woot:

2. pak army takes permission for coup?????? :woot:

3. If they can do that things that is not under their jurisdiction but can't defend against USA which is their duty????????

To be fair all of that was justified and made legal by several actions of the parliament and supreme court of those times.

Back
Top Bottom