What's new

Tragedy of Imam Hussain (AS) Grandson of Prophet Muhammad (SAWAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aramagedon

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Moharram, the month of life-inspiring mourning

4bhiff0135150915nb_620C350.jpg

Condolences to our readers on the start of the month of Moharram, the advent of which every year softens our hearts, moistens our eyes, and hastens us towards the doing of good for the society in the spirit of the Immortal Martyr of Karbala, Imam Husain (PuH), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny). Today we invite you to read a special feature on this occasion, and God Willing will continue to present special programmes every day for the next 60 days which we commemorate as period of mourning for history’s most heartrending tragedy.

"And think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead, nay they are alive (and) by their Lord well provided."

What you heard was ayah 169 of Surah Aal-e Imran in which God says the martyrs for His cause are immortal and should on no account be considered dead.

Imam Husain says for his part:

"I do not wish a death for myself other than martyrdom, while life among the unjust would be unbearable."

It has once again arrived — the month of Muharram and its memories of the greatest tragedy that the world has ever seen, and will never see the like of it in future. It is the month when blood, including that of a 6-month old boy, triumphed over sharpened swords. It is the month which each year, jolts human conscience and reminds mankind of its duties towards religion and society. It is thus irreligious to indulge in outward modes of worship alone, leaving social, cultural, political and other issues which govern human life, in the hands of charlatans. Likewise, it is self-deception to ignore the Divine Law and give free rein to whimsical ideas of the fallible mind, thereby allowing the fate of the people to slip into a state of social injustice, which in turn provides breeding ground for would-be Yazids. This is the message of the Muharram, the month of the life-inspiring mourning ceremonies.

In other words, the First of Muharram is not a day of celebration, as is unfortunately done in some Arab states, which seem oblivious to the great sacrifice of the Prophet’s grandson. Such celebrations, on the pretext of the start of the so-called New Year are nothing but practices of the days of Jahiliyya, in view of the fact that the Prophet’s auspicious migration from Mecca to Medina was not on the eve of Muharram, but on the eve of Rabi al-Awwal. So such frivolities are nothing but plots to distance Muslims from the essence of Islam, as preached by the Prophet’s Ahl al-Bayt and guarded by their sacred blood.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has fully prepared itself to greet Moharram. We, the followers of the Ahl al-Bayt (Household) of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) do not welcome Muharram as the Arabs of Jahiliyya did, and as the reactionary Arab regimes of our own times do – with wine, gambling, feasts, womanizing, and all other un-Islamic frivolities, on the pretext of the start of the New Year of the Hijra calendar. We do it with black banners, with prayers, with supplications, with elegies, and with discourses that reaffirm our allegiance to the dynamic tenets of Islam. Moharram is a time for reflection for Muslims, and the best way of pondering on facts are the mourning ceremonies for Imam Husain (AS) and the martyrs of Karbala that could indeed be part of the Prophet’s “Sunnah” (practice) and “Seerah” (behaviour). Islam does not permit Muslims to indulge in wild celebrations such as dancing and drinking – as is done in Persian Gulf Arab states and Egypt. Islam also does not allow Muslims to shed the blood of fellow Muslims, as the Takfiris and other deviated groups practice today by massacring Muslims. This is surely not what was taught to us by the Messenger of Mercy. With the start of Moharram the blood of Imam Husain (AS) becomes fresh, as the hearts of the faithful turn towards Karbala in Iraq, the rendezvous of martyrs, where the hypocrisy of the Godless Omayyads was unmasked to show them in their true pagan Arab colours.

Moharram is thus the month that jolts human conscience to expose the roots of terrorism which in our days is trying to tarnish the humanitarian image of Islam. This is evident by the bestial ways of the Salafis and similar groups that shamelessly call themselves Muslims, while in practice they have nothing to do with the egalitarian laws of Islam. The eating raw of the bodily organs of human beings, as the Takfiris do in the occupied parts of Syria and Iraq, are certainly not Islamic acts, even if they are mischievously called “Jihadis” and “puritanical Muslims” by the Zionist-supported western media. Islam teaches us the highest form of humanitarian values.

Islam means adherence to the letter and spirit of the holy Qur’an, coupled with love, affection and obedience to the Prophet’s Ahl al-Bayt. Islam means resistance against oppressors and readiness to court martyrdom for the defence of humanitarian values as taught by Imam Husain (AS). This is the message of Imam Husain (AS). This is what the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) stood for and drank the cup of martyrdom so that humanity could have a worthy model in every age and clime against the forces of oppression and exploitation.

Contemplation on the Tragedy of Ashura

4bhi24c7f2e8f917ug_620C350.jpg

Heartfelt condolences on the anniversary of history’s most heartrending tragedy, which although it occurred exactly 1376 lunar years ago, its discourse continues to bring ******** of tears to the hearts of conscientious. Today is Ashura or the 10th of Moharram on which Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny), drank the elixir of martyrdom in an unequal battle with the bloodthirsty Omayyad hordes demanding allegiance to the Godless rule of the tyrant Yazid.

"Peace on you, O Aba Abd-Allah! Peace on you, O son of the Prophet of Allah! Peace on you, O chosen one of Allah and son of His chosen one! Peace on you, O son of the Commander of the Faithful and the Chief of the Legatees! Peace on you, O son of Fatemah, the Leader of the world’s womankind. Peace on you the avenger of whose blood is Allah… and whose blood remains unavenged!

What you read is the opening passage of the famous Ziyarat-e Ashura that the faithful recite on the 10th of Moharram every year to salute in the proper way the Chief of Martyrs, while commemorating history’s most bloodcurdling tragedy. Imam Husain (AS) needs no introduction. The passage which we recited is proof of his immaculate pedigree – exalted by God Almighty and protected from any uncleanness, as ayah 33 of Surah Ahzab says:

“We have desired to remove all uncleanness from you Ahl al-Bayt and keep you thoroughly purified.”

Moreover, on the Day of Ashura, while addressing the hordes ganged up against him, Imam Husain (AS) himself said in the following in an eloquent speech:

"Am I not the son of your Prophet's daughter? Is the wasi (or vicegerent) of your Prophet and his cousin and the first person, who expressed belief in Allah and confirmed what was brought by His Prophet, not my father? Is the Doyen of Martyrs Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib not the uncle of my father? Is the martyr Ja'far bin Abi Talib who has two wings (in paradise) and flies with Allah's angels not my uncle? Have you not heard that the Prophet has said about me and my brother: "These two sons of mine are the chiefs of the young men of Paradise".

The Imam continued his address till he said: "By Allah I will not pledge allegiance to these people like weak and mean persons and will not flee the battlefield like slaves while fighting against the rascals. I seek refuge in Allah from the mischief of you people and of every arrogant person who does not believe in the Day of Judgment".

Yet despite his impeccable credentials, he was martyred in the most cruel and brutal manner by persons who very well knew his prime position as the pivot of Islam.

Why? The answer is simple. Imam Husain (AS) refused to acknowledge the illegitimate rule of the impious and ungodly tyrant, Yazid ibn Mu’awiyya, who was masquerading as caliph of Muslims, even though he openly rejected any belief in Islam. Then, who made him the ruler, and how come the majority of the so-called Muslims of those days yielded to his Godless rule?

These are good questions indeed, which are also relevant to our own times, when persons pretending to be puritanical Muslims and hailed as such by the Zionist-controlled western press, are behaving in the manner of Yazid and the Omayyads by seizing control of Muslim lands, massacring Muslims, and desecrating the holy shrines of the Prophets of God – as happened to the mausoleums of the Prophets Jonah, Seth and Georges, in Iraq over a year ago.

This is the reason we continue to commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Husain (AS) in order to keep our faith and conscience alive. Our tears for the Imam, his sons – 18-year old Ali Akbar and 6-month infant Ali Asghar – his brothers, including the valiant standard-bearer Abu’l-Fazl al-Abbas, his nephews, and his steadfast companions, are not signs of sorrow, but proof of the inspiration we receive by contemplating on the magnitude of the tragedy of Karbala.

At the same time, there is no desire for vengeance in our hearts, because the message of Imam Husain is one of love, affection, courtesy, unity, and brotherhood – not just among Muslims but fraternity with the followers of other creeds as well.

Of course, there is the Avenger for the sacred blood of Imam Husain (AS). And He is God Almighty as we read in the Ziyarat-e Ashura. His instrument of bringing to justice the killers of the Prophet’s grandson and those who endorsed, and still continue to endorse his killing, is the Awaited Saviour of mankind. When Imam Mahdi (AS) appears, along with Prophet Jesus (AS) establish the global government of peace, prosperity and justice, all traces of corruption and oppression will vanish from Planet Earth. In the meantime, we continue to commemorate the martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs and salute him with a worthy salutation on the Day of Ashura, as was taught to us by his grandson, Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (AS), who was present in Karbala as a 4-year old boy.

Here are some thought-provoking passages:

"O Aba Abd-Allah, your martyrdom was a great calamity and the cause of great distress for us and all followers of Islam! It was a tremendous calamity that befell the heavens and which affected all the denizens of the heavens! May Allah’s curse be on those who instituted a regime of wrongdoing and injustice against you Ahl al-Bayt! May Allah’s curse be on those who sidelined you from your rightful station and withheld from you the status that Allah had assigned you! May Allah’s curse be on those who slew you, and may His curse be on those who paved the way for them making it possible to wage war against you! Before God and you, I repudiate them, their supporters, their followers and those who befriend them!

"O Aba Abd-Allah! I make peace with those who are at peace with you and will make war against those who are at war with you, till the Day of Resurrection. May Allah’s curse be on the clan of Ziyad and the clan of Marwan! May Allah’s curse be on the generality of the Umayyads! May Allah’s curse be on the son of Marjanah! May Allah’s curse be on Umar ibn Sa'd! May Allah’s curse be on Shimr! May Allah’s curse be on the lot who saddled and harnessed their mounts and patrolled the land for the battle against you! Dearer than my father and mother, your martyrdom has caused me great sorrow! I beseech Allah, who has honoured you with your station and honoured me through you, to enable me to avenge your blood with the God-aided Imam from the Family of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and his Family! O Allah, make me eminent with You in the world and the Hereafter through Husain, peace on him!”

The revolution of Imam Husain (AS) was thus a humanitarian movement spearheaded by one of the great leaders of all time. The principles and laws of Islam demanded that the grandson of the Prophet of Islam take the appropriate action to warn the Ummah of the evil situation which it was in, and to stand in the way of the deviating ruler. As he himself had remarked when he left Medina for the last time, "I am not rising (against Yazid) as an arrogant person, or a mischief-monger. I have risen (against Yazid) as I seek to reform the Ummah of my grandfather. I wish to bid the good and forbid the evil."

Karbala, therefore, is that high water mark in history when the veil of hypocrisy was ripped from the faces of those masquerading as Muslims by Imam Husain (AS). Karbala invites us to contemplate on the various dimensions of the epic of the Prophet’s grandson. For instance, Imam Husain (AS).

The epic of Imam Husain (Part 1)

4bhi344500218a15hi_620C350.jpg

This 58-part programme introduces the uprising of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (Peace upon him), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny). What events led to the epic of Ashura , and we present you with a brief history of the uprising of Imam Husain (PBUH).

With the death of tyrant and usurper, Mu’awiya ibn Abu Sufyan, in the month of Rajab of the Year 60 AH, his equally cruel and tyrannical son, Yazid took over as caliph or political leader of the Muslim lands, contrary to the terms of the treaty that was concluded some two decades earlier with the Prophet’s elder grandson, Imam Hasan (AS) that the caliphate should return to the Ahl al-Bayt or the blessed family of the Prophet of Islam. On assuming rule in Damascus Yazid immediately sent a number of letters to provincial governors and informing them of his father’s death, and his takeover of the caliphate. Yazid also wrote a letter to the governor of Medina, "Waleed Bin Otbah", ordering him to "use any means at his disposal to force Imam Husain (PuH) to take an oath of allegiance to his rule.

On receiving the letter Waleed, after consulting with the crafty Marwan ibn Hakam, decided to invite Imam Husain to his palace. Waleed wanted to pressure the Imam into taking the oath of allegiance to Yazid, before news of Mu’awiya's death became common knowledge in Medina. When the messenger of Waleed reached Imam Husain (PBUH) and delivered his message, the Imam asked 30 of his closest relatives and companions to take up arms and accompany him to the governors’ palace, and wait outside the hall, so that if it was required, they could enter to defend the Imam.

Waleed informed the Imam of Mu’awiya's death, and asked him to take an oath of allegiance to Yazid’s rule. The Imam’s reply was characteristically forthright, decisive and unequivocal. He said: "A person like me will never give oath of allegiance – whether in public or private – to a libertine like Yazid.”

Thus, the Imam rejected outright Yazid’s ungodly rule, and declared his reasons for this rejection as follows: "O Waleed! We (the Ahl-ul-Bayt) are the family of prophet-hood and a treasure of the prophet’s mission. It is to our family that the angels descend, and God's mercy is sent down through our family.

The Lord commenced Islam through our family, and right till the end our family will accompany Islam step-by-step. But Yazid, the person whom you expect me to gives an oath of allegiance to, is a drunkard whose hands are stained with the blood of many innocent people. He is a person who openly opposes and contravenes God's commands, and he openly engages in immoral behaviour, debauchery and libertinism in front of everyone's eyes. Is it then appropriate (or proper) for someone like me, with such a brilliant background, and from such a noble family, to give an oath of allegiance to such a corrupt individual as Yazid?! Both of us (you and us) need to consider the future. You will see who is worthy and deserving of the caliphate and of leading the Islamic ummah, and which one of us is worthy of receiving the oath of allegiance of the people."

The Imam's forthright and prophetic words sets out the motives for his future uprising , and clearly shows what line the Imam will take in relation to Yazid. The Imam will smash Yazid's power and will not let this corrupt Libertine to lead astray the Islamic Ummah. Many scholars consider the above few sentences by the Imam as effectively the start of his uprising.

The Epic of Imam Husain (Part 2)

4bhi73898c7b38161q_620C350.jpg

Welcome to the third part of the series of programmes for the mourning months of Moharram and Safar in which we commemorate history’s most tragic martyrdom. We take a look at the causes that resulted in the uprising of Imam Husain (PuH), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny).

Yesterday we said, the Imam on being invited to the palace of the Governor of Medina, Waleed bin Otbah, for oath of allegiance to Yazid who had seized the caliphate in Damascus despite being unworthy of ruling the Muslim Ummah. We also said the Imam rejected outright the demand and outlined to Waleed his own merits as a member of the Infallible Ahl al-Bayt whose pristine purity God Almighty has vouchsafed in the holy Qur’an. Stay with us please.

After it became clear that the Imam had decisively and categorically rejected any notion of an oath of allegiance to the libertine Yazid, and was about to leave the city of Medina, some of his relatives and friends, who did not understand the duties and the mission of a righteous Imam, but who nonetheless respected him as the Prophet’s grandson and were concerned about his well-being, approached him and tried to change his stance. One of these friends was the Imam's brother Mohammad Hanafiya, a son of the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (PuH), through a different wife, who approached the Imam and said: "O Brother!! You are the most popular, precious and dearest of people, and I see it as my duty to tell you what I believe to be in your best interest. As I see it, you should not reside for any length of time in any town or city, and you should try to get away from Yazid, and travel as far as you can from him, because if you enter a town or city, it is likely that the people will be polarized, they will split into two groups, some will back you, others will rise up against you, fighting will ensue, blood will be spilt, some will be killed, and if in the middle of all this, you are targeted yourself, and your blood is spilt, then the blood of the best of the ummah has been spilt, and your family will mourn you and weep for you".

Mohammad Hanafiya suggested that he go to Yemen which is a mountainous land and where people are devoted to the cause of Imam Ali (PuH).

Imam Husain (PuH) replied: "O Brother!! You have suggested that I should go from town to town, city to city, in order not to give an oath of allegiance to Yazid, but you should also know this – even if there are no sanctuaries for me, no place of safety, in the entire world, I will acknowledge the illegal rule of Yazid ibn Mu’awiya."

As the Imam made his telling remark, tears started to flow down the cheeks of Mohammad Hanafiya. Imam Husain (PuH) continued by saying: "O Brother! May the Lord shower upon you His blessings because you have carried out your duty out of kindness and compassion as best you could, but what about me!! I know my duty better than you know yours, and I have made my decision! "

The Imam’s words are an indication of his rock-solid and uncompromising decision. As the Imam put it so beautifully, even if there is not a single sanctuary on Planet Earth, even then the Imam will refuse to give oath of allegiance to Yazid. He will not compromise with corruption and evil, and he will persevere in his chosen path, and he will withstand all dangers, no matter what.

Part One to Nine: Displaying items by tag: Moh

Ziarat Ashura

How can @OTTOMAN refuse an opportunity to sabotage relations between Iran and Pakistan? Your every post is condescending towards Iran. I have a strong dislike for Afghanistan because of the biases I suffered when trying to become like pashtuns. But I don't go around destroying peace where it can flourish. You are a person who is locked in with a sectarian mindset.

How can @OTTOMAN refuse an opportunity to sabotage relations between Iran and Pakistan? Your every post is condescending towards Iran. I have a strong dislike for Afghanistan because of the biases I suffered when trying to become like pashtuns. But I don't go around destroying peace where it can flourish. You are a person who is locked in with a sectarian mindset.

Btw this @OTTOMAN has 21 negative ratings i dont know why Pakistani mods doesn't ban him.

I'm sure in 2 years further he will join a talibani attack against Pakistan and kill many due to his believes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why hate Iran this much?
DAE H8 SHIA

/s
There is much more than religion in the OP... false propaganda against other sects and regional states.
It is injustice to not allow people of non Iranian descent to respond to the BS allegations, in the name of religion.
Its shame any way to use religion to score political brownies.
I like the 'no religious debate' rule on Defence.pk but it ain't strict.
Every thread which starts in the name of Allah, soon turns in to a sh!tfest of sunni v.s shia by retards.

Moharram, the month of life-inspiring mourning

4bhiff0135150915nb_620C350.jpg

Condolences to our readers on the start of the month of Moharram, the advent of which every year softens our hearts, moistens our eyes, and hastens us towards the doing of good for the society in the spirit of the Immortal Martyr of Karbala, Imam Husain (PuH), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny). Today we invite you to read a special feature on this occasion, and God Willing will continue to present special programmes every day for the next 60 days which we commemorate as period of mourning for history’s most heartrending tragedy.

"And think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead, nay they are alive (and) by their Lord well provided."

What you heard was ayah 169 of Surah Aal-e Imran in which God says the martyrs for His cause are immortal and should on no account be considered dead.

Imam Husain says for his part:

"I do not wish a death for myself other than martyrdom, while life among the unjust would be unbearable."

It has once again arrived — the month of Muharram and its memories of the greatest tragedy that the world has ever seen, and will never see the like of it in future. It is the month when blood, including that of a 6-month old boy, triumphed over sharpened swords. It is the month which each year, jolts human conscience and reminds mankind of its duties towards religion and society. It is thus irreligious to indulge in outward modes of worship alone, leaving social, cultural, political and other issues which govern human life, in the hands of charlatans. Likewise, it is self-deception to ignore the Divine Law and give free rein to whimsical ideas of the fallible mind, thereby allowing the fate of the people to slip into a state of social injustice, which in turn provides breeding ground for would-be Yazids. This is the message of the Muharram, the month of the life-inspiring mourning ceremonies.

In other words, the First of Muharram is not a day of celebration, as is unfortunately done in some Arab states, which seem oblivious to the great sacrifice of the Prophet’s grandson. Such celebrations, on the pretext of the start of the so-called New Year are nothing but practices of the days of Jahiliyya, in view of the fact that the Prophet’s auspicious migration from Mecca to Medina was not on the eve of Muharram, but on the eve of Rabi al-Awwal. So such frivolities are nothing but plots to distance Muslims from the essence of Islam, as preached by the Prophet’s Ahl al-Bayt and guarded by their sacred blood.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has fully prepared itself to greet Moharram. We, the followers of the Ahl al-Bayt (Household) of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) do not welcome Muharram as the Arabs of Jahiliyya did, and as the reactionary Arab regimes of our own times do – with wine, gambling, feasts, womanizing, and all other un-Islamic frivolities, on the pretext of the start of the New Year of the Hijra calendar. We do it with black banners, with prayers, with supplications, with elegies, and with discourses that reaffirm our allegiance to the dynamic tenets of Islam. Moharram is a time for reflection for Muslims, and the best way of pondering on facts are the mourning ceremonies for Imam Husain (AS) and the martyrs of Karbala that could indeed be part of the Prophet’s “Sunnah” (practice) and “Seerah” (behaviour). Islam does not permit Muslims to indulge in wild celebrations such as dancing and drinking – as is done in Persian Gulf Arab states and Egypt. Islam also does not allow Muslims to shed the blood of fellow Muslims, as the Takfiris and other deviated groups practice today by massacring Muslims. This is surely not what was taught to us by the Messenger of Mercy. With the start of Moharram the blood of Imam Husain (AS) becomes fresh, as the hearts of the faithful turn towards Karbala in Iraq, the rendezvous of martyrs, where the hypocrisy of the Godless Omayyads was unmasked to show them in their true pagan Arab colours.

Moharram is thus the month that jolts human conscience to expose the roots of terrorism which in our days is trying to tarnish the humanitarian image of Islam. This is evident by the bestial ways of the Salafis and similar groups that shamelessly call themselves Muslims, while in practice they have nothing to do with the egalitarian laws of Islam. The eating raw of the bodily organs of human beings, as the Takfiris do in the occupied parts of Syria and Iraq, are certainly not Islamic acts, even if they are mischievously called “Jihadis” and “puritanical Muslims” by the Zionist-supported western media. Islam teaches us the highest form of humanitarian values.

Islam means adherence to the letter and spirit of the holy Qur’an, coupled with love, affection and obedience to the Prophet’s Ahl al-Bayt. Islam means resistance against oppressors and readiness to court martyrdom for the defence of humanitarian values as taught by Imam Husain (AS). This is the message of Imam Husain (AS). This is what the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (SAWA) stood for and drank the cup of martyrdom so that humanity could have a worthy model in every age and clime against the forces of oppression and exploitation.

Contemplation on the Tragedy of Ashura

4bhi24c7f2e8f917ug_620C350.jpg

Heartfelt condolences on the anniversary of history’s most heartrending tragedy, which although it occurred exactly 1376 lunar years ago, its discourse continues to bring ******** of tears to the hearts of conscientious. Today is Ashura or the 10th of Moharram on which Imam Husain (AS), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny), drank the elixir of martyrdom in an unequal battle with the bloodthirsty Omayyad hordes demanding allegiance to the Godless rule of the tyrant Yazid.

"Peace on you, O Aba Abd-Allah! Peace on you, O son of the Prophet of Allah! Peace on you, O chosen one of Allah and son of His chosen one! Peace on you, O son of the Commander of the Faithful and the Chief of the Legatees! Peace on you, O son of Fatemah, the Leader of the world’s womankind. Peace on you the avenger of whose blood is Allah… and whose blood remains unavenged!

What you read is the opening passage of the famous Ziyarat-e Ashura that the faithful recite on the 10th of Moharram every year to salute in the proper way the Chief of Martyrs, while commemorating history’s most bloodcurdling tragedy. Imam Husain (AS) needs no introduction. The passage which we recited is proof of his immaculate pedigree – exalted by God Almighty and protected from any uncleanness, as ayah 33 of Surah Ahzab says:

“We have desired to remove all uncleanness from you Ahl al-Bayt and keep you thoroughly purified.”

Moreover, on the Day of Ashura, while addressing the hordes ganged up against him, Imam Husain (AS) himself said in the following in an eloquent speech:

"Am I not the son of your Prophet's daughter? Is the wasi (or vicegerent) of your Prophet and his cousin and the first person, who expressed belief in Allah and confirmed what was brought by His Prophet, not my father? Is the Doyen of Martyrs Hamza bin Abdul Muttalib not the uncle of my father? Is the martyr Ja'far bin Abi Talib who has two wings (in paradise) and flies with Allah's angels not my uncle? Have you not heard that the Prophet has said about me and my brother: "These two sons of mine are the chiefs of the young men of Paradise".

The Imam continued his address till he said: "By Allah I will not pledge allegiance to these people like weak and mean persons and will not flee the battlefield like slaves while fighting against the rascals. I seek refuge in Allah from the mischief of you people and of every arrogant person who does not believe in the Day of Judgment".

Yet despite his impeccable credentials, he was martyred in the most cruel and brutal manner by persons who very well knew his prime position as the pivot of Islam.

Why? The answer is simple. Imam Husain (AS) refused to acknowledge the illegitimate rule of the impious and ungodly tyrant, Yazid ibn Mu’awiyya, who was masquerading as caliph of Muslims, even though he openly rejected any belief in Islam. Then, who made him the ruler, and how come the majority of the so-called Muslims of those days yielded to his Godless rule?

These are good questions indeed, which are also relevant to our own times, when persons pretending to be puritanical Muslims and hailed as such by the Zionist-controlled western press, are behaving in the manner of Yazid and the Omayyads by seizing control of Muslim lands, massacring Muslims, and desecrating the holy shrines of the Prophets of God – as happened to the mausoleums of the Prophets Jonah, Seth and Georges, in Iraq over a year ago.

This is the reason we continue to commemorate the martyrdom of Imam Husain (AS) in order to keep our faith and conscience alive. Our tears for the Imam, his sons – 18-year old Ali Akbar and 6-month infant Ali Asghar – his brothers, including the valiant standard-bearer Abu’l-Fazl al-Abbas, his nephews, and his steadfast companions, are not signs of sorrow, but proof of the inspiration we receive by contemplating on the magnitude of the tragedy of Karbala.

At the same time, there is no desire for vengeance in our hearts, because the message of Imam Husain is one of love, affection, courtesy, unity, and brotherhood – not just among Muslims but fraternity with the followers of other creeds as well.

Of course, there is the Avenger for the sacred blood of Imam Husain (AS). And He is God Almighty as we read in the Ziyarat-e Ashura. His instrument of bringing to justice the killers of the Prophet’s grandson and those who endorsed, and still continue to endorse his killing, is the Awaited Saviour of mankind. When Imam Mahdi (AS) appears, along with Prophet Jesus (AS) establish the global government of peace, prosperity and justice, all traces of corruption and oppression will vanish from Planet Earth. In the meantime, we continue to commemorate the martyrdom of the Chief of Martyrs and salute him with a worthy salutation on the Day of Ashura, as was taught to us by his grandson, Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (AS), who was present in Karbala as a 4-year old boy.

Here are some thought-provoking passages:

"O Aba Abd-Allah, your martyrdom was a great calamity and the cause of great distress for us and all followers of Islam! It was a tremendous calamity that befell the heavens and which affected all the denizens of the heavens! May Allah’s curse be on those who instituted a regime of wrongdoing and injustice against you Ahl al-Bayt! May Allah’s curse be on those who sidelined you from your rightful station and withheld from you the status that Allah had assigned you! May Allah’s curse be on those who slew you, and may His curse be on those who paved the way for them making it possible to wage war against you! Before God and you, I repudiate them, their supporters, their followers and those who befriend them!

"O Aba Abd-Allah! I make peace with those who are at peace with you and will make war against those who are at war with you, till the Day of Resurrection. May Allah’s curse be on the clan of Ziyad and the clan of Marwan! May Allah’s curse be on the generality of the Umayyads! May Allah’s curse be on the son of Marjanah! May Allah’s curse be on Umar ibn Sa'd! May Allah’s curse be on Shimr! May Allah’s curse be on the lot who saddled and harnessed their mounts and patrolled the land for the battle against you! Dearer than my father and mother, your martyrdom has caused me great sorrow! I beseech Allah, who has honoured you with your station and honoured me through you, to enable me to avenge your blood with the God-aided Imam from the Family of Muhammad, may Allah bless him and his Family! O Allah, make me eminent with You in the world and the Hereafter through Husain, peace on him!”

The revolution of Imam Husain (AS) was thus a humanitarian movement spearheaded by one of the great leaders of all time. The principles and laws of Islam demanded that the grandson of the Prophet of Islam take the appropriate action to warn the Ummah of the evil situation which it was in, and to stand in the way of the deviating ruler. As he himself had remarked when he left Medina for the last time, "I am not rising (against Yazid) as an arrogant person, or a mischief-monger. I have risen (against Yazid) as I seek to reform the Ummah of my grandfather. I wish to bid the good and forbid the evil."

Karbala, therefore, is that high water mark in history when the veil of hypocrisy was ripped from the faces of those masquerading as Muslims by Imam Husain (AS). Karbala invites us to contemplate on the various dimensions of the epic of the Prophet’s grandson. For instance, Imam Husain (AS).

The epic of Imam Husain (Part 1)

4bhi344500218a15hi_620C350.jpg

This 58-part programme introduces the uprising of the Chief of Martyrs, Imam Husain (Peace upon him), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny). What events led to the epic of Ashura , and we present you with a brief history of the uprising of Imam Husain (PBUH).

With the death of tyrant and usurper, Mu’awiya ibn Abu Sufyan, in the month of Rajab of the Year 60 AH, his equally cruel and tyrannical son, Yazid took over as caliph or political leader of the Muslim lands, contrary to the terms of the treaty that was concluded some two decades earlier with the Prophet’s elder grandson, Imam Hasan (AS) that the caliphate should return to the Ahl al-Bayt or the blessed family of the Prophet of Islam. On assuming rule in Damascus Yazid immediately sent a number of letters to provincial governors and informing them of his father’s death, and his takeover of the caliphate. Yazid also wrote a letter to the governor of Medina, "Waleed Bin Otbah", ordering him to "use any means at his disposal to force Imam Husain (PuH) to take an oath of allegiance to his rule.

On receiving the letter Waleed, after consulting with the crafty Marwan ibn Hakam, decided to invite Imam Husain to his palace. Waleed wanted to pressure the Imam into taking the oath of allegiance to Yazid, before news of Mu’awiya's death became common knowledge in Medina. When the messenger of Waleed reached Imam Husain (PBUH) and delivered his message, the Imam asked 30 of his closest relatives and companions to take up arms and accompany him to the governors’ palace, and wait outside the hall, so that if it was required, they could enter to defend the Imam.

Waleed informed the Imam of Mu’awiya's death, and asked him to take an oath of allegiance to Yazid’s rule. The Imam’s reply was characteristically forthright, decisive and unequivocal. He said: "A person like me will never give oath of allegiance – whether in public or private – to a libertine like Yazid.”

Thus, the Imam rejected outright Yazid’s ungodly rule, and declared his reasons for this rejection as follows: "O Waleed! We (the Ahl-ul-Bayt) are the family of prophet-hood and a treasure of the prophet’s mission. It is to our family that the angels descend, and God's mercy is sent down through our family.

The Lord commenced Islam through our family, and right till the end our family will accompany Islam step-by-step. But Yazid, the person whom you expect me to gives an oath of allegiance to, is a drunkard whose hands are stained with the blood of many innocent people. He is a person who openly opposes and contravenes God's commands, and he openly engages in immoral behaviour, debauchery and libertinism in front of everyone's eyes. Is it then appropriate (or proper) for someone like me, with such a brilliant background, and from such a noble family, to give an oath of allegiance to such a corrupt individual as Yazid?! Both of us (you and us) need to consider the future. You will see who is worthy and deserving of the caliphate and of leading the Islamic ummah, and which one of us is worthy of receiving the oath of allegiance of the people."

The Imam's forthright and prophetic words sets out the motives for his future uprising , and clearly shows what line the Imam will take in relation to Yazid. The Imam will smash Yazid's power and will not let this corrupt Libertine to lead astray the Islamic Ummah. Many scholars consider the above few sentences by the Imam as effectively the start of his uprising.

The Epic of Imam Husain (Part 2)

4bhi73898c7b38161q_620C350.jpg

Welcome to the third part of the series of programmes for the mourning months of Moharram and Safar in which we commemorate history’s most tragic martyrdom. We take a look at the causes that resulted in the uprising of Imam Husain (PuH), the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (blessings of God upon him and his progeny).

Yesterday we said, the Imam on being invited to the palace of the Governor of Medina, Waleed bin Otbah, for oath of allegiance to Yazid who had seized the caliphate in Damascus despite being unworthy of ruling the Muslim Ummah. We also said the Imam rejected outright the demand and outlined to Waleed his own merits as a member of the Infallible Ahl al-Bayt whose pristine purity God Almighty has vouchsafed in the holy Qur’an. Stay with us please.

After it became clear that the Imam had decisively and categorically rejected any notion of an oath of allegiance to the libertine Yazid, and was about to leave the city of Medina, some of his relatives and friends, who did not understand the duties and the mission of a righteous Imam, but who nonetheless respected him as the Prophet’s grandson and were concerned about his well-being, approached him and tried to change his stance. One of these friends was the Imam's brother Mohammad Hanafiya, a son of the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (PuH), through a different wife, who approached the Imam and said: "O Brother!! You are the most popular, precious and dearest of people, and I see it as my duty to tell you what I believe to be in your best interest. As I see it, you should not reside for any length of time in any town or city, and you should try to get away from Yazid, and travel as far as you can from him, because if you enter a town or city, it is likely that the people will be polarized, they will split into two groups, some will back you, others will rise up against you, fighting will ensue, blood will be spilt, some will be killed, and if in the middle of all this, you are targeted yourself, and your blood is spilt, then the blood of the best of the ummah has been spilt, and your family will mourn you and weep for you".

Mohammad Hanafiya suggested that he go to Yemen which is a mountainous land and where people are devoted to the cause of Imam Ali (PuH).

Imam Husain (PuH) replied: "O Brother!! You have suggested that I should go from town to town, city to city, in order not to give an oath of allegiance to Yazid, but you should also know this – even if there are no sanctuaries for me, no place of safety, in the entire world, I will acknowledge the illegal rule of Yazid ibn Mu’awiya."

As the Imam made his telling remark, tears started to flow down the cheeks of Mohammad Hanafiya. Imam Husain (PuH) continued by saying: "O Brother! May the Lord shower upon you His blessings because you have carried out your duty out of kindness and compassion as best you could, but what about me!! I know my duty better than you know yours, and I have made my decision! "

The Imam’s words are an indication of his rock-solid and uncompromising decision. As the Imam put it so beautifully, even if there is not a single sanctuary on Planet Earth, even then the Imam will refuse to give oath of allegiance to Yazid. He will not compromise with corruption and evil, and he will persevere in his chosen path, and he will withstand all dangers, no matter what.

Part One to Nine: Displaying items by tag: Moh

Ziarat Ashura

I also represent condolences from my side to the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain (R.A).The grandson of Rasool Allah(S.A.W) was fearless,strong and wise.My words are not enough to define his qualities,only Allah (SWT) has best words to define one of his finest and amazing vicegerent ever.He was martyred and he is alive and watching that how sunnis and shias haven't learnt anything.
However,my friend people in this forum are not sane and mature enough to discuss and learn lesson from his sacrifice. Within no time,this thread will end up with really unpleasant posts and mudslinging.So,I need to,against my own wishes lock this thread.

regards and wasalam

Allah bless Imam Hussain (as) for his great sacrifice and all the martyrs of Karbala. What a beautiful account he gave of himself against tyranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom