What's new

Topol Ballistic missile hits the target at firing range in Kazakhstan

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Topol Ballistic missile hits the target at firing range in Kazakhstan

The intercontinental ballistic missile RS 12M Topol, launched on Sunday evening from the landfill Kapustin Yar in the Russia's Astrakhan region, successfully hit the target at the test site in Kazakhstan, Russian Defense Ministry press-secretary said on the Russia's Strategic Missile Forces (SMF) Col. Vadim Koval said.

"The training-warhead part of the missiles hit a conditional target accurately at the landfill of Sary-Shagan in Kazakhstan," the spokesman said.

This was the second launch of this type of the missile this year. The first one was held on October 28 from the Plesetsk Space Centre in northern Russia.

The SMF will be rearmed with multiple-warhead RS-24 missiles instead of the RS-12M Topol-M (SS-27 Sickle) mobile intercontinental ballistic missile systems, SMF Commander Lt. Gen. Sergei Karakayev said on Tuesday.

RS-24 is believed to have up to six independent warheads, and is thus more likely to be able to penetrate anti-missile defense systems than the single warhead Topol-M.

The SMF said in August that the Topol-M and RS-24 missiles would be the mainstay of the ground-based component of Russia's nuclear triad and would account for no less than 80% of the SMF's arsenal by 2016.

As of June 2010, the SMF operated at least 50 silo-based and 18 road-mobile Topol-M missile systems. The RS-24 was commissioned in 2010 after successful testing.

The RS-12M Topol is a single-warhead intercontinental ballistic missile, approximately the same size and shape as the U.S. Minuteman ICBM. The first Topol missiles entered service in 1985.

The missile has a maximum range of 10,000 km (6,125 miles) and can carry a nuclear warhead with a yield of 550 kilotons.

Next year the SMF will hold 10 intercontinental ballistic missile launches, twice as many as in 2010, Karakayev said.

161640735.jpg

Topol hits target at firing range in Kazakhstan | Defense | RIA Novosti

I have a doubt --- Isnt Kazakstan a sovereign country.Then how come Russia is testing its prime strategic missile there ?

Or is the case of Sevastopol , where the region is there in Ukraine ,but the sovereignity of that place is with Russia ?

I have a doubt --- Isnt Kazakstan a sovereign country.Then how come Russia is testing its prime strategic missile there ?

Or is the case of Sevastopol , where the region is there in Ukraine ,but the sovereignity of that place is with Russia ?

no kazak and the rest form a CIS conglomerate , atleast 5 of the asian CIS has a treaty of mutual co -operation which will be extended to even air defence over the nest years

nurek space center is sued by russia in kazak for most of space flights too together also some units in kyrz and tajik and many more which is beyond

I Hope One Day Russia Gives us The Technology Transfer of Topol Missiles :devil:

why do you need technology transfer you can develop it yourself

But Nothing Like it If We get Crucial and Most Valuable Inputs Of Missiles Frm Russia ..

This May Never Happen But is Just My Fantasy which I hope Should Happen.. May be Not Openly But Overtly :toast_sign:

But Nothing Like it If We get Crucial and Most Valuable Inputs Of Missiles Frm Russia ..

This May Never Happen But is Just My Fantasy which I hope Should Happen.. May be Not Openly But Overtly :toast_sign:

INdia dosen't need missile tech from any country, we are capable of developing them ourselves.

INdia dosen't need missile tech from any country, we are capable of developing them ourselves.

We Are Developing Missiles I agree but Russian have So Many Range of Missiles and Russian Missile Designs wud be Very Beneficial for India

If Not the Latest of Missiles Which Russia will Never Sell but Many of Soviet Era Missiles are been Retired But Still even if we Get Wud be So Benficial

One of them is RT-23 Missiles which carry 10 Warhead and 550 KT yield ..They shud Give us Those kinda Missiles

We Are Developing Missiles I agree but Russian have So Many Range of Missiles and Russian Missile Designs wud be Very Beneficial for India

If Not the Latest of Missiles Which Russia will Never Sell but Many of Soviet Era Missiles are been Retired But Still even if we Get Wud be So Benficial

One of them is RT-23 Missiles which carry 10 Warhead and 550 KT yield ..They shud Give us Those kinda Missiles

Russia have developed missiles based on their security threats which has no synchronization with Indian requirements.

DRDO is more than capable of developing any type of missiles that are armed forces will ever need.

ALso, when it comes to missiles, its better to develop them in-house instead of going for tech transfer from other countries.

Nop, Not Like the Russians, There Input would Help us Develop Even Further.... We are nowhere near them, Back door is always Open for India...

Russia have developed missiles based on their security threats which has no synchronization with Indian requirements.

DRDO is more than capable of developing any type of missiles that are armed forces will ever need.

ALso, when it comes to missiles, its better to develop them in-house instead of going for tech transfer from other countries.

Some of their Missiles Produced in 1970s or 1980s which are retired also have ranges like 5.000 to 6,000 Kms and MIRVs Technology which we are developing can be easily made available with Russians and Their Expertise..

Although , We Should request Russia to Provide us Their Valuabale Inputs and Missile Technology Transfer :coffee:

Throw Them Offfer like 20 or 25 Bn $ Dollars for Long Range Missiles Technology , MIRV Technology , Submarine Launched Missiles :azn:

Agni V is all we need it will have MIRV Technology and will be 5000 km which is more than capable of meeting our needs.

Dude, you are just making me laugh. :lol:

I know it may Sound Funny But Seriously Dude The Pace a Which Our Missile R&D is Going is not at that Level

We Shud Really Have Backdoor Talks with Russians to Help us in Missile inputs

Back
Top Bottom