What's new

Top 10 fish eating countries

they do along the coastal areas, thats why UAE and Oman are right up there. Central arabians hate fish though, they can't do without their goats, lambs and even camels

thats true for any region.. fish consumption is driven by access .. in India coastal people or those who have lot of waterbodies like ponds and river have high fish consumtion.

they do along the coastal areas, thats why UAE and Oman are right up there. Central arabians hate fish though, they can't do without their goats, lambs and even camels

Arabs should develop their fishing sector..and devise new recipes for tasty fish dishes...This would be really beneficial in the long run..since it will give a lot of food to the Arab World...

I expected Bangladesh to be there in the list, bangalis are popular for their fish.

Top 10 fish eating countries per capita

1. Japan
2. China
3. Malaysia
4. Indonesia
5. Peru
6. United Arab Emirates
7. Sweden
8. Spain
9 U.K
10.Australia

http://www.grida.no/graphicslib/deta...-per-year_c043

world-fish-consumption-per-capita-and-per-year_c043.jpg

^ UAE locals actually eat a lot fish, before oil they were all sea traders and fishermen, so, many of their local cuisine is fish based, unlike saudi arabia where it's mostly red meat

This list is fishy! After sending so many fish species to near extinction, how come we and BD are not in the list???

Where is Bangladesh in the list?.

More than 80 percent of the animal protein in the Bangladeshi diet comes from fish. Bangladesh should be in this list.

Fans of the American TV sitcom Married With Children will remember a classic scene....

WAITER Good evening, I'm Paul and I'll be your waiter for tonight. Would you care to hear about our fresh fish?

AL BUNDY (dismissively) Yeah, maybe after dinner.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom