What's new

Tom Clancy type threads

Zob

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
i just think there bound to be a writer on this forum who can make up war scenarios get all the three armed forces of pakistan involved...would be a good idea to have some nice write ups because we don't even have INDO-PAK war games....i hope i am not too confusing.....:pakistan:

i just think there bound to be a writer on this forum who can make up war scenarios get all the three armed forces of pakistan involved...would be a good idea to have some nice write ups because we don't even have INDO-PAK war games....i hope i am not too confusing.....:pakistan:

and where does Mr. Tom Clancy come in!:enjoy:

When I was young, probably 13, I tried to "write" a novel about an ISI spy. It was very stupid, but the idea was not too bad. An "international spy service" (you know which one I'm talking about, rhymes with PAW) tries to brainwash Pakistanis into spying for them, having developed a mind-altering substance. One ISI spy is sent on a mission to retrieve it from an underground facility, and so on. It was not a Pulitzer winner, but it was something. Lost the entire thing when I threw out my old computer.

Now I only write engineering reports. Engineering education has this unique ability to beat out all artsy talents from the human brain.

You want to share with me. I would love to read your engineering writings.

You want to share with me. I would love to read your engineering writings.

They're available on my website man. Not all of them, but a few from first and second year.

Take a look at my resume, maybe I'm qualified enough to be a co-Webmaster ;)

Now I only write engineering reports. Engineering education has this unique ability to beat out all artsy talents from the human brain.

Engineering education is assimilation NOT replacement.
Something went wrong with your assimilation into the discipline.:D

Well at least you have one redeeming quality, rugby,:enjoy: and I hope that is union not league.

Ignoring the Tom Clancy story line..

But if you really feel that way, pay attention to the following thread:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/25212-military-computer-games.html

You may find something there so YOU can actually do what you suggest.

I have just started this one and it will be a while before I finish and assuming others about here can make an effort to add to the discussion.

Engineering education is assimilation NOT replacement.
Something went wrong with your assimilation into the discipline.:D

Well at least you have one redeeming quality, rugby,:enjoy: and I hope that is union not league.

Lol. Ofcourse, I was just kidding around about the "beats talents out". The fact is, in four years of engineering studies, you rarely get the time to explore non-engineering interests, but it is possible. For example, I spend my summers reading up on military history and strategy, bit of a passion of mine.

As for Rugby, it is an engineer's sport. It is raw, dirty and nasty, and at the end of the game, there is nothing but love. Sits well with the traditional boys-club that engineering is. All the rugby I've played is just plane old high-school varsity and university team level. Nothing too fancy. But I love that sport, weird for a Pakistani guy.

Only part I don't like, the morning after a game. Being a prop, I can barely lift my shoulders, and if the game was particularly nasty, few cuts and bruises. Actually, I lied, I like that part too.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever"

Reiterating Zob’s initial thread here:

Now there is sufficient base information in the thread

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/25212-military-computer-games.html

for some smart person to actually start building an INDO-PAK scenario in WinSPMBT.

WinSPMBT has the necessary units as well as 3 maps,
Uri, Kashmir;
Chakothi, Kashmir,
Srinagar, India.

Now I don’t guarantee the map quality names or accuracy but it is a start.

ok guys i am sorry i am not TOM CLANCY but i tried to write something down something of an indian air violation type scenario and i know alot of you are way better writers than i am.....

27TH DECEMBER 2008
PAK TIME 00:06

This was not war, and so the runway lights were still on, and so were the lights of the fighters themselves as the two aircraft moved out one behind the other towards the end of the runway. Another minute later the thunder of the afterburners echoed on the tarmac as the first of the two air defense fighters streaked down the end of the runway before lifting into the air.

Squadron Leader Nadeem in flight lead could feel his body being pushed back into the seat as his plane gained altitude... he could hear himself breath huskily as his plane cut through the dark sky nose up. He eased onto the stick as he saw the altimeter show an altitude of 25,000 feet had been reached. His F-16 give a reassuring shudder as it settled itself at this height.

A voice cracked over the radio. Eagle One this is Fox Alpha maintain heading of O Niner Seven. Time to Boggie T minus 5.

S.L Nadeem peered into the darkness as if to visibly pickup his enemy violating his airspace in the darkness of the night. “Ok Eagle Two I have the Lead confirm”. Another voice crackled over the radio now “Eagle One this is Eagle Two confirming lead”. S.L Nadeem knew that this meant his wingman Flt Naeem confirming that he his on his tail.

Come on….where are you…where are you….S/L spoke to himself. “Eagle One this is Eagle to I have a radar signature heading O five Nine heading East. Nadeem knew finally he is going to go head on with the enemy who had crossed over into his country airspace 5 minutes ago just a minute before they were scrambled. He silently wished that this enemy pilot had Bal*s bigger than his brain and stayed in Nadeem’s airspace for a while longer so that Nadeem could blow him out of the sky.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom