What's new

To Understand their game in Baluchistan

Iran-Pakistan relations are a real mystery to me. When terrorists killed 14 security personnel near gwadar, they had come from and went back to iran. Similarly Uzair Baloch had an Iranian passport. Kulbhushan was operating from Iran and I find it extremely hard to accept that Iranians were unaware of his acgivities. I read somewhere(don't know if its true) allah nazar baloch was until recently in iran and was forced out due to pakistani pressure on iran. Similarly sectarian target killers according to ctd karachi had got training in iran. Similarly i think it was some officer from FC balochistan who said iran wasn't cooperating with fencing. Then their is iranian oil smuggling. Their president on Indian visit praised Indian 'diversity' and they never mention Kashmir (by the way what's their official position on Kashmir). I read a former Indian diplomat that Iran has helped India in the past relieve pressure on Kashmir issue from the oic platform.

Our government on the other hand doesn't give us a clue if all of this bothers them at all. I can understand if the establishment is dealing with all of this behind the scenes but that's my hunch.

Exactly. Iran’s paradoxical foreign policy is hurting and isolating itself.

Iran has a trump card - allow USA and/or India unfettered access to Afghanistan
your army generals can kiss good bye to their dreams of strategic depth

Not really... Americans do not want access to Afghanistan; they want an exit from Afghanistan.

India is wary of getting into an afghan quagmire and prefer having pakistan as a buffer from the unruly afghans. India is more keen on maintaining proxies.

They have already done that for India.Pakistani hold in Afghanistan affairs comes due to having huge numbers of ethnic Pashtun population as part of it's society.US has tried her best to apply minus Pak formula in Afg but we all know what happened.

to keep pakistani generals on their toes

pakistan will lose its bargaining capacity or relevance if that happened
Then do that and get a base for ops for life in Afg.

They have already done that for India.Pakistani hold in Afghanistan affairs comes due to having huge numbers of ethnic Pashtun population as part of it's society.US has tried her best to apply minus Pak formula in Afg but we all know what happened.

if Iran allowed India unfettered access to Afghanistan it will be all out war on Afghan soil. Not this stupid suicide bombing type

Iran has a greater claim on Afghanistan. Half the population speaks Dari. Not all Pashtuns in Afghanistan are pro-Pakistani

Not really... Americans do not want access to Afghanistan; they want an exit from Afghanistan.

India is wary of getting into an afghan quagmire and prefer having pakistan as a buffer from the unruly afghans. India is more keen on maintaining proxies.

I never understood why Pakistani generals thinks it can succeed where others failed
for starters they cannot get a handle on pakistani society

I never understood why Pakistani generals thinks it can succeed where others failed

On the contrary pakistani generals know very well how to "manage" the country.

For that understanding you would need to have an intrinsic understanding of the pakistani society and fabric. By stating "pakistani generals" I take it you dont as an outsider. Which is fine. Most foreigners who rely on the Weatern media (including the Pakistani such as Dawn)... Will never know.

Pakistani generals are actually from academies that produce officers from the handful of feudals leaders, tribal leaders (saddars, Chaudary, sayyats, etc.) Who are interwoven into working together in an undeclared caste system. That is the real power under the surface in pakistan. Alliances are formed beyond there and stem into the established military and political elites.

Prooof Pakistani generals know exactly how to handle pakistan... It hasent turned into the next Syria, Libya, Iraq or even Afghanistan. Pakistani state is still strong even with all the external attacks and pressures of the global war on terror and of terror.

Foreigners will never understand our complex society. Even Dawn news dare not speak of this feudalism.

if Iran allowed India unfettered access to Afghanistan it will be all out war on Afghan soil. Not this stupid suicide bombing type
:lol:
So,Bhart would have sent her troops to help Kabul.
Iran has a greater claim on Afghanistan. Half the population speaks Dari.
Half knowledge is very dangerous,Dari and Farsi are not mutually intelligible vocally and in written form they are,with such low literacy rate later has no impact on Afghanistan.
Not all Pashtuns in Afghanistan are pro-Pakistani
We don't need them pro-Pakistan either,but ground reality of Afghanistan is much different from what you are shown on Social Media & foreign funded channels of Afg.
Considerable amount of them are themselves Pashtuns:enjoy:

Foreigners will never understand our complex society. Even Dawn news dare not speak of this feudalism.
He is most probably a Bharti behind another flag,he has no idea that Pakistani top brass has considerable amount of Pashtun Generals,who have huge influence on ground.

On the contrary pakistani generals know very well how to "manage" the country.

For that understanding you would need to have an intrinsic understanding of the pakistani society and fabric. By stating "pakistani generals" I take it you dont as an outsider. Which is fine. Most foreigners who rely on the Weatern media (including the Pakistani such as Dawn)... Will never know.

Pakistani generals are actually from academies that produce officers from the handful of feudals leaders, tribal leaders (saddars, Chaudary, sayyats, etc.) Who are interwoven into working together in an undeclared caste system. That is the real power under the surface in pakistan. Alliances are formed beyond there and stem into the established military and political elites.

Prooof Pakistani generals know exactly how to handle pakistan... It hasent turned into the next Syria, Libya, Iraq or even Afghanistan. Pakistani state is still strong even with all the external attacks and pressures of the global war on terror and of terror.

If you say Pakistani generals know how to "manage" Pakistani society i will take your word for it. Given the current state of affairs it does not tell much about their managerial abilities

While Pakistan is not a Syria or Afghanistan it is under the mercy of USA, Saudi Arabia and China. you are living off the earnings of expatriates. You do not have good relations with your neighbors India and Iran

Worse I do not see anything changing in the short to intermediate term

My point remains "if you cannot run Pakistan how do you expect to run Afghanistan ?"

I think your recent more than a decade stay in Afghanistan should be enough to make you realize that your wet dreams will not come to fruition in this region.Period...

:lol:
So,Bhart would have sent her troops to help Kabul.

Half knowledge is very dangerous,Dari and Farsi are not mutually intelligible vocally and in written form they are,with such low literacy rate later has no impact on Afghanistan.

We don't need them pro-Pakistan either,but ground reality of Afghanistan is much different from what you are shown on Social Media & foreign funded channels of Afg.

Considerable amount of them are themselves Pashtuns:enjoy:

Dari is virtually lingua franca for all Afghans of different ethnic groups in USA. i believe it is close to the same in Afghanistan. it is closer to Persian than any pakistani language. it is like Urdu for Pakistanis

you cannot compete with Iran. you will need allies and friends to play. Iranians have $50 billion in oil revenues.
For now Iranians are playing in richer and more important battlegrounds - Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen

I think your recent more than a decade stay in Afghanistan should be enough to make you realize that your wet dreams will not come to fruition in this region.Period...

pakistan does not control afghanistan now. it won't control afghanistan a decade from now
you blew your chances in the late 1990s

Dari is virtually lingua franca for all Afghans of different ethnic groups in USA. i believe it is close to the same in Afghanistan. it is closer to Persian than any pakistani language. it is like Urdu for Pakistanis
Dari is widely spoken in Afg but if one speaks Dari,we won't understand persian automatically.
It is very close to Urdu.
you cannot compete with Iran. you will need allies and friends to play. Iranians have $50 billion in oil revenues.
For now Iranians are playing in richer and more important battlegrounds - Iraq, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen
If Iran would play openly,we would do same and Tehran knows very well,what would happen if we chose to do so.
They are just creating needless chaos.Which is hurting them a lot.
pakistan does not control afghanistan now. it won't control afghanistan a decade from now
you blew your chances in the late 1990s
Ask Ashraf Ghani.

While Pakistan is not a Syria or Afghanistan it is under the mercy of USA, Saudi Arabia and China. you are living off the earnings of expatriates. You do not have good relations with your neighbors India and Iran

Only if you are looking at the current economic down cycle. Pakistan has had periods of one of the fastest growing economies in the world and not too long ago even had a gdp greater than india.

Pakistan is much more than the headlines you read and form opions.

LOL you think that your illegitimate child Israel will allow that to happen?

LOL I love it when Americans pretend that all can be well with Iran.

Only if you are looking at the current economic down cycle. Pakistan has had periods of one of the fastest growing economies in the world and not too long ago even had a gdp greater than india.

Pakistan is much more than the headlines you read and form opions.

Pakistan absolute GDP was never greater than India. Before mid-1990s Pakistan had a greater per captia GDP than India.
Pakistani economy is in the doldrums since 1990. The infusion of US aid after 9/11 saved things temporarily.

LOL you think that your illegitimate child Israel will allow that to happen?

LOL I love it when Americans pretend that all can be well with Iran.

Honestly the Israelis won't care if given security assurances. Our other bastard child Arab royals might freak out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom