What's new

Time for Pakistan to withdraw from the BTWC and CWC?

Karl

Reaction score
Pakistan signed the BTWC in 1972 and ratified it in 1974 and signed and ratified the CWC in 1993. Israel has never signed the BTWC and has only signed but never ratied the CWC (it still maintains a CW stockplie). Given the advances in genomics and the high specificity of future bioweapons, coupled with Pakistan's developing chemicals and biologics capability, is it time for Pakistan to withdraw from these treaties?

All conventions and treatise are meaningless, should be torn up and we do what needs to be done, unfortunate as it is.

It's daft in my opinion. Chemical weapons might have a battlefield purpose but biological weapons are going to have a scorched earth impact.

Besides if you really want them develop them regardless of what treaty you've signed - just be secretive about it.

It's daft in my opinion. Chemical weapons might have a battlefield purpose but biological weapons are going to have a scorched earth impact.

Besides if you really want them develop them regardless of what treaty you've signed - just be secretive about it.

testing the effectiveness of biological weapons is tricky. it is beyond the expertise of most countries

fatality rate is too low to be an effective weapon

weapons are not always made to cause mass fatality, sometimes they are used to cause economic casualties.

Anyway, i am against making of these sort of weapons, infact i am against any sort of WMD as they go against the ROE as set out in our religion.

weapons are not always made to cause mass fatality, sometimes they are used to cause economic casualties.

Anyway, i am against making of these sort of weapons, infact i am against any sort of WMD as they go against the ROE as set out in our religion.

in an all out war there is no quarantine, no hospitality and no travel

Pakistan signed the BTWC in 1972 and ratified it in 1974 and signed and ratified the CWC in 1993. Israel has never signed the BTWC and has only signed but never ratied the CWC (it still maintains a CW stockplie). Given the advances in genomics and the high specificity of future bioweapons, coupled with Pakistan's developing chemicals and biologics capability, is it time for Pakistan to withdraw from these treaties?
Sanctions will cause Pakistan medicine And medical industry to suffer. But Pakistan can always start “research” for “medical and defensive“ purposes. Just like some other countries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom