What's new

Three Different Radars Recorded The SU-30 Kill

AIM-120D for our F-16s, and PL-15 for our JF-17s would be ideal. But easier said than done

Very few on pdf know reality of terms n condition AIM 120 in PAF arsenal , scrutiny and check and balance .
Reality is different from what you see .
I really appreciate our armed forces how they managing our defence related issues and tackled recent events . Salute to PAF .
PL15 in jft , i seriously doubt it until n unless jft block 3 appears in pak skies .
We shld go for ling range SAM system asap to counter future induan threats .
Beside that V level upgraded f16s ( if US agrees to) and jft blck 3 sre more thn enough to give indians bloody nose for next 10 years .

Agreed ,
Yet I heard the Turks are adding EJ2000 to it ( typhoon engine)
Would two of those not give it more thrust ?

The best thing I like about the 120D is that the launch platform can just fire and forget , while awacs or even ground radars can paint the target, due to the missiles data link
Hur jet is a single engined trainer. The purported thrust is probably with one EJ200 series engine.
Regards
A

Man you know much more than what we have heard or read.....

The next phase will be soon as things cooking up...the way they are procuring hardware with special emphasis on long range air engagements....ultimate revenge and score settling attempt.

Decision makers here also looking for quick stop-gap alternatives ...we may hear some sort of news till the end of September, 2019...
I think things will settle down for at least 2 to maybe 5 years. It is simply business as usual. The attack on Pakistan was a political show of strength gone wrong so now peace will be given a chance. The real dam damadam mast Qalander may well be post 2025 or later if concensus on Kashmir is reached.
A

No. You are totally mistaken. He never said "in the hospital". The interview, you are referring to, was given by DG(ISPR), on March 5, to Kamran Khan (Dunya News). In this interview, his exact words were:

"Un kay do tayyaray maar giraye. Aik pilot ki death hui. Aik hamari arrest main tha, jiss ko release ker diya."
(Shot their two aircraft. One pilot died. One was arrested by us, which was released.)

In this program, he never said any pilot died in our custody. It implies his assumption that the pilot of the second aircraft, which fell in IOK, died on board.
Ah yes guess you are right. Still it's a clear admission of another plane going down....

Very few on pdf know reality of terms n condition AIM 120 in PAF arsenal , scrutiny and check and balance .
Reality is different from what you see .
I really appreciate our armed forces how they managing our defence related issues and tackled recent events . Salute to PAF .
PL15 in jft , i seriously doubt it until n unless jft block 3 appears in pak skies .
We shld go for ling range SAM system asap to counter future induan threats .
Beside that V level upgraded f16s ( if US agrees to) and jft blck 3 sre more thn enough to give indians bloody nose for next 10 years .
Open meedia sources are claiming 100 PL15s have already been delivered to PAF on urgent basis around February time. It seems logical to assume it has been integrated on JFT.
A

Open meedia sources are claiming 100 PL15s have already been delivered to PAF on urgent basis around February time. It seems logical to assume it has been integrated on JFT.
A

Yes, after air chief meeting with PM soon after 27/2, Govt. released "some amount" to meet urgent requirements of PAF....however...the following piece of information suggests otherwise:

"Claims that Pakistan tested the latest Chinese PL-15 beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) appear inaccurate, and Tufail thinks the combination of the F-16 armed with the AIM-120 missile and the SD-10A-equipped JF-17 remains effective in light of current threats."

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...-pakistan-need-to-close-its-air-defense-gaps/

View attachment 567434

Apparently there were three different types of radars which were monitoring and recording the PAF operation ''Swift Retort'' on the morning of 27th February against Indian air and ground targets. The three radars, ground-based, F-16 and AWACS work totally independently of each other. One is American radar tech (F-16), the Ground-based radar purportedly having latest upgraded German tech modules and the state-of-the-art Swedish AWACS, on all three r the SU-30s blip vanished from the radar scope after the AMRAAM made its mark. Surely all 3 radars can't be faulty at one time .That explains the reason why the other SU-30 ran for dear life and exited the arena supersonic. If the SU-30 Hassan engaged wasn't hit then why did the other SU-30 run away? And why didn't the targeted SU-30 which apparently dodged the AMRAAM resurface on the radars? That also explains why the Mirage-2000s avoided to engage as they found out on the radio about the violent end of the SU-30. The reason the IAF Mirage pilots gave to disengage was due to a mysterious malfunction on their radars and that too of both Mirage 2000...i mean what are the odds of that, seriously !! It also explains the panic that was created that caused them to shoot down their very own Mi-17.
Seems similar to their logics behind F-16 claims

His wingman Sqn Ldr N Singh safely returned back to Halwara after evading an AMRAAM.
Which is why 51 sqn also got AMRAAM dodger patch along with 221 Sqn Sukhois.
Dodgers? Should be shame lol.

wow what an achievement
after loosing helicopter, Mig 21s and SU 30 to PAF, accident and friendly fire, the ones that safely landed back got the dodger badges

"Jehrha kan walait kay nass jaaye, maghar charh kay oss noon tahssiye kyun"
(Heer Waris Shah)

"Jehrha kan walait kay nass jaaye, maghar charh kay oss noon tahssiye kyun"
(Heer Waris Shah)

Let’s design a badge:

Their squadron should be named ‘ the dodgers .... We don’t fight we run.’

Above this motto it should show Indian pilots running leaving their dhotis behind.

I would take 18 block 52s C&Ds and 36 block 32/42s anytime along with AIM C7(dont think we will get D) and 9X if offered. I dont think 70s would be offered and neither should we be getting them. 3 billion would give us a 3 squadrons in 2 yrs time which will be ready to tango with any dhoti that wishes to expose itself. My main concern remains it will not now be offered!
A
PAF walked away from new f16s offer(i think b70 new will be on offer now given all new sales are now of b70) but PAF doesnt think they are worth the price(or GoP simply cannot afford it)..

Will 9x & aim120D come with it ..that would be the uncertainty

Seems PAF simply doesnt has the money to spend 3+b dollars seemingly that the size of whole thunder program

Man you know much more than what we have heard or read.....

Honestly i know a friend who is a friend of certain major on opposite side of fence who is son of ex-military also who use to be friends/course mate with opposite side ex-Cheif of armed forces..so just because of that he is now a major and he is now in dubai still serving..i ask many times wth he is doing in dubai?

:)

PAF walked away from new f16s offer(i think b70 new will be on offer now given all new sales are now of b70) but PAF doesnt think they are worth the price(or GoP simply cannot afford it)..

Seems PAF simply doesnt has the money to spend 3+b dollars seemingly that the size of whole thunder program

Sir, If New F-16 Block 70 on the table and i think it is...PAF and GOP will never walk out on it....they will be offered on easy terms and because after all USA will not like our F-16 getting shot down by rafale do they....there military products are most important and there reputation USA will never let it down.

plus their training....my word there training!

Pakistan is better off getting US endorsement to buy F-16s from the open market and upgrading them in Turkey. Turkey itself could sell PAF some of its F-16s under a deal. This is much better than buying from the US and getting into the same position as the cobras. No one can predict how the winds of bilateral relations will shift even within a year. There’s a small window of opportunity and Pakistan needs to move very fast.

The uncertainty more than the money is the fickleness of US Political setup and the restrictions that come with the arms sale. US arms to date remain the best bang for the buck.
A

Pakistan is better off getting US endorsement to buy F-16s from the open market and upgrading them in Turkey. Turkey itself could sell PAF some of its F-16s under a deal. This is much better than buying from the US and getting into the same position as the cobras. No one can predict how the winds of bilateral relations will shift even within a year. There’s a small window of opportunity and Pakistan needs to move very fast.
This would again be subject to us buying newer platforms as we will not be allowed to buy just older platforms. Even then the restrictions imposed are now becoming a big put off. So in essence I am in full agreement with you.

A

The uncertainty more than the money is the fickleness of US Political setup and the restrictions that come with the arms sale. US arms to date remain the best bang for the buck.
A

This would again be subject to us buying newer platforms as we will not be allowed to buy just older platforms. Even then the restrictions imposed are now becoming a big put off. So in essence I am in full agreement with you.

A

I hope people remember that USA owes us 1.8 billion dollars for CSF. I am sure Imran will bring this up.

They also owe us our helicopters. This outstanding amount alone can bring us at least a squadron of latest F16s.

I am personally very hopeful
Of good results especially after Lindsey Graham’s glowing comments about IK.

Back
Top Bottom