What's new

This news is not for childrens, Hypersensitive and Heart patients!

pkpatriotic

Reaction score
Boy says he stole flour for starving family -DAWN - Top Stories; August 23, 2008

MIRPURKHAS, Aug 22: A teenage boy was arrested here on Friday for stealing two kilogrammes of flour from a shop.

However, he was freed after about three hours of detention on the intervention of a councillor.

Thirteen-year-old Gordhan Meghwar of Sattar Nagar says that he was compelled to steal because his mother and 10-year-old sister had been without food for three days. His father had died a year ago and his elder brother is unemployed.

The boy, who worked in a shop, said his employer had promised a salary of Rs3,000 but paid only Rs1,500. He said that earlier he got a few things on credit from the shop but now when he wanted some flour the shopkeeper asked him to pay cash. He said that he could not see his mother and sister, who is a TB patient, starve and was forced to steal flour.

Hearing the story, former provincial minister Hari Ram Kishori Lal decided to give a job to his brother in his flour mill.

Mirpurkhas taluka nazim Ghulam Dastagir Kamali, in accordance with the directives of MQM leader Altaf Hussain, provided a month’s ration to the family.— Qamaruddin

This real incident which came in to news, we really don’t know how much GODHANS are facing hunger and other extents of socio-economic problems/ inequalities in our so called polished caring social society, throughout the country.
This is alarming to political powers and the national society. This is challenging to those who are blessed by God and rather enjoy to their time to have talks on politics and social inequalities in drawing rooms, but never try to roam around to take part in any real efforts to support poor classes. This incident tempted those who sense it.

How many people are going to die with hunger. I am shocked and really tensed after hearing this.
What is happening here is completely out of understanding. Godowns are filled with wheat and rice but our fellow country men are dying of hunger just because a few people want to double there profits.
THis is the situation that is strictly forbidden in Islam. The people responsible to create this should understand before its too late.

How many people are going to die with hunger. I am shocked and really tensed after hearing this.
What is happening here is completely out of understanding. Godowns are filled with wheat and rice but our fellow country men are dying of hunger just because a few people want to double there profits.
THis is the situation that is strictly forbidden in Islam. The people responsible to create this should understand before its too late.

I dont know if there are anyone who has any conscience let in them to feed the hungry.

Islam had asked the Muslims to pay Zakat if only everyone of us pay zakat you will see not even a single poor in the country.

There is this concept of giving sadqat to the needy in Islam.

I wonder if all those long lines of BMWs in front of junk food points if they promise to pay atleast Rs200 to needy everytime they go to buy Rs1000 pitza or burger.

cant they ???

When is someone in the political system going to have the moral and intellectual courage to ditch the IMF and its structural adjustment policies in favour of drastic land + tax reform to allow the poorest in the country to cultivate the rich/fertile soil for food !?

I accept that there are vested [read feudal] elements that will try to block any reform, but, that should be reason enough to dismantle the current system, in totality.

Additionally, it is the responsibility of the state to ensure 3 THINGS for its citizens: food + water + shelter.

This isn't rocket science. However, it does encapsulate the extent to which the Pakistani political system has failed its people . . . :tsk:

When is someone in the political system going to have the moral and intellectual courage to ditch the IMF and its structural adjustment policies in favour of drastic land + tax reform to allow the poorest in the country to cultivate the rich/fertile soil for food !?

I accept that there are vested [read feudal] elements that will try to block any reform, but, that should be reason enough to dismantle the current system, in totality.

Additionally, it is the responsibility of the state to ensure 3 THINGS for its citizens: food + water + shelter.

This isn't rocket science. However, it does encapsulate the extent to which the Pakistani political system has failed its people . . . :tsk:

Rightly said.

Dont know why we are so obssesed with this system of electing thugs and call it a democracy.

Rightly said.

Dont know why we are so obssesed with this system of electing thugs and call it a democracy.

Jana, I may be wrong but in my views, we face the combination of Aristocracy, Plutocracy & Civil Fascism in the name of Democracy since early days of Pakistan till date. We have no rights to choice as if we sharply analytical review on the whole political process during last 3 decades we wud recognize that, there was always face selection rather then have election in real sense. Its really curse but helpless for the nation till we will find a leader.

But besides the governments, it’s our citizenship responsibility as an individual and as society to take care of needy and try to share their problems up to the maximum extent we can do.
I believe that, each of us should try add our individual efforts to make a healthy, peacefull & educated society. God Bless us all.

I dont know if there are anyone who has any conscience let in them to feed the hungry.

Islam had asked the Muslims to pay Zakat if only everyone of us pay zakat you will see not even a single poor in the country.

There is this concept of giving sadqat to the needy in Islam.

I wonder if all those long lines of BMWs in front of junk food points if they promise to pay atleast Rs200 to needy everytime they go to buy Rs1000 pitza or burger.

cant they ???

Its more than that in Islam. We Muslims are not allowed to stock food Items and raise their price when needed. It can and will lead to anarchy and disorder as mentioned in Islam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom