What's new

This is what people in America eat while watching the Oscars

Pho is basically broth with noodles and veggies. And you can add any meat you like. You can also make it quite spicy with different sauces. I really like it. Especially if i have a cold or flu. The hot, flavorful broth with fresh basil and mint leaves, bamboo shoots and lemon juice feels really good then.

Pho is basically broth with noodles and veggies. And you can add any meat you like. You can also make it quite spicy with different sauces. I really like it. Especially if i have a cold or flu. The hot, flavorful broth with fresh basil and mint leaves, bamboo shoots and lemon juice feels really good then.

True, one of my favorite. I also order them in raiload size with everything. In my favorite place, it's #1. It contains tripes, tendons, briskets and meat.

a perfect bowl of pho for the best moment of the year. Donald Trump can order some bowls for him and his staff to be delivered to the White House while watching the Oscar night :D

View attachment 380089

He will Tweet the Oscar to death. This year's awards will probably be the most political.

Enjoy the real after show with pho.

:coffee:

He will Tweet the Oscar to death. This year's awards will probably be the most political.

Enjoy the real after show with pho.

:coffee:
Donald Trump has a wide choice to visit his favorite, there are estimated 10,000 pho resto in America alone. Banh mi shops will be the next hit, in direct competition to McDonalds and Co.

hope it tastes better than it looks..

its amazing dude, trust me in Melbourne we have a huge Vietnamese population and one of the best local Vietnamese dishes is Pho, light healthy and nutritious.

This the beast I had today

IMG_2384.jpg

Last edited:
its amazing dude, trust me in Melbourne we have a huge Vietnamese population and one of the best local Vietnamese dishes is Pho, light healthy and nutritious.

In Springvale? My GF lives there and its the Melbourne equivalent of Sydneys Cabramatta.

I wouldn't call it 'light', the salt level is very high as well as the MSG. Also intestines need very thorough cleaning otherwise you will be eating .....

Still one of the foods I miss but no longer can eat.

In Springvale? My GF lives there and its the Melbourne equivalent of Sydneys Cabramatta.

I wouldn't call it 'light', the salt level is very high as well as the MSG. Also intestines need very thorough cleaning otherwise you will be eating .....

Still one of the foods I miss but no longer can eat.

yep Nah I just go for the spicy chicken pho without intestines or chickens hearts. keep it simple as possible there is a place where they make it according to your taste, and no MSGS. today the dickheads put in the hearts, so I had to remove it.

Is it some kind of soup?
Yes, but like all soups throughout the world's cuisines, it has its own uniqueness as well as commonalities with other soups.

To start, you must have a soup base, which is water and whatever you chose to cook in the water. Phở with beef is made with beef bones, often ox tails. Then add assorted spices. The broth is cooked just like other soups -- over hours. Get as much flavors out of the bone marrow and spices as possible.

To serve, first put in the bowl the noodles, bean sprouts, onion garnishes, mint leaves, and thinly sliced beef. If the beef is raw, once you pour in the hot broth, the beef will be cooked thru. Or you can put in fully cooked beef. Personally, I prefer raw beef. But the broth is the last thing to put in the bowl. From this point on, after you mixed everything up in the broth, you can add in other spices and/or hot sauce to taste. Each person is different.

The broth is what will make or break the meal. If the cook does not know what he/she is doing, then the broth could be greasy or too thin. In either case, if the diner is a first timer, he/she will be turned off, possibly forever. This is why it is important to take the first timer to a known good Vietnamese restaurant, or if you know how, cook the meal yourself. Phở is regular in my house. I cook it every two weeks for yrs. My Chilean G/F loves it, so does my neighbors. The big pot never last more than one day.

There is another soup prominent in Vietnamese cuisine. Hủ Tiếu is related to Phở but spicier.

http://www.lovingpho.com/pho-opinion-editorial/hu-tieu-noodles-and-hu-tieu-soup-noodle-dish/

I like my Hủ Tiếu extra spicy.

Back
Top Bottom