What's new

This is probably how Pakistan is explaining that its F-16 fighter jet inventory is intact

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
WhatsApp-Image-2019-04-06-at-12.08.03-696x392.jpeg

Pakistan received F-16 aircraft from Jordan on 27 April 2014 and two F-16 B aircraft can be spotted in the photograph released on the day | f-16.net
Text Size:

A recent article in Foreign Policy magazine has claimed that a US count under the end-user licence agreement has found that none of the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) F-16 fighter aircraft are missing.

However, this is not unexpected, given that the US may not accept that one of its cutting-edge F-16s was brought down by a vintage Russian MiG-21 Bison of the Indian Air Force. India has also maintained that it has enough evidence to confirm that an F-16 was indeed shot down.

But there is another aspect to the story that has not been highlighted: Pakistan’s own manipulation of the F-16 inventory. ThePrint tries to throw some light on this.

Also read: US count finds all Pakistan F-16s accounted for, contradicts India’s claims, says report

The RJAF deal
In February 2014, Pakistan had signed a deal with Jordan to purchase 13 F-16 aircraft, of which 12 were ‘A’ models and one was the ‘B’ model.

When the first batch of aircraft from Jordan was delivered to the PAF at Mushaf Air Base in Sargodha on 27 April 2014, a photograph of the ceremony was released to the press.

Bhat1-1.png

The picture showed five F-16 aircraft, but the models were not as per the inventory quoted by the Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations, the Pakistani military’s publicity wing and the entire Pakistani media. In fact, there were three F-16 As and two F-16 Bs.

The difference between the A and B variants is that the A is a single-seater while the B is a twin-seater. The F-16 A has a bubble canopy which reduces the RCS (radar cross section) by 15 per cent overall. The F-16 B has a canopy with bracing which increases the RCS.

The picture of 27 April 2014 at Sargodha shows clearly visible elongated canopy and braces on two F-16 aircraft parked behind the dignitaries.

The actual deal, reports say, was for 14 aircraft, with two ‘B’ models and 12 ‘A’ models.

Thus, the PAF had an additional F-16B, received from RJAF, in its inventory. That’s why today, it would be possible for Pakistan to claim that all its F-16 aircraft are accounted for.

Also read: India rubbishes claim by US magazine that no Pakistani F-16s are missing

Pakistan tried to leverage Jordan deal with US, but was blocked
The Pakistan government had requested the US government for the sale of F-16 Block 52 aircraft, which was approved by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency two years after the deal with Jordan, in February 2016.

The agency indicated that eight aircraft would be sold to Pakistan — two ‘C’ models and six ‘D’ models.

However, John Kerry, the US Secretary of State at the time, called off the deal, expressing concerns that Pakistan was “insufficiently targeting militant groups hostile to the United States, specifically the Haqqani Network”.

Pakistan’s defence secretary Lt Gen. (retd) Muhammad Alam Khattak defiantly told the Senate’s standing committees on defence and foreign affairs that the country would buy the aircraft from the Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF).

Pakistan was trying to put pressure on the US government by citing the earlier F-16 deal with RJAF. However, there was no further news of either deal.

Check out My543, our comprehensive report card of all Lok Sabha MPs.

https://theprint.in/defence/this-is...bLErMoadb7EmOeQ8YhHEl5QseGML6hmuyaKw8DU_uqJyE

I had some respect for the India as enemy but now I am feeling suicidal. For LOVE of GOD what kind of enemy we have gotten really Indians really ?????????????????
Definitely, you should mourn your intellect for that. Hindu Sanghis are the worst creatures crawling under the sky and it has been proven time & again.... A Momin cannot be bitten from the same hole twice..
or Fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me

I had some respect for the India as enemy but now I am feeling suicidal. For LOVE of GOD what kind of enemy we have gotten really Indians really ?????????????????
After you commit suicide, I will write a RIP post for you in this very forum.

This is all our grand plan to make Pakistanis suicidal.:devil::bunny:

This is nothing, some of these creatures that are worth no more than human waste think that Pakistan could have asked China to recycle one F-16 to cover the loss and one Indian idiot goes as far as saying that a card board cut out F-16 could have been used for the count.

Indian journalist Akash Banerjee said on twitter, “What are these journos doing? First it turned out that we didn't shoot down the son of a retired PAF Air Marshal. Now saikatd's story is being backed by US data, that there was no shooting down! Couldn't Pak have made a cardboard F16 as replacement & got a duplicate pilot?”

Suicide through idiocy
Nice
Supa pawa India has mastered 6th gen warfare

This is nothing, some of these creatures that are worth no more than human waste think that Pakistan could have asked China to recycle one F-16 to cover the loss and one Indian idiot goes as far as saying that a card board cut out F-16 could have been used for the count.

Indian journalist Akash Banerjee said on twitter, “What are these journos doing? First it turned out that we didn't shoot down the son of a retired PAF Air Marshal. Now saikatd's story is being backed by US data, that there was no shooting down! Couldn't Pak have made a cardboard F16 as replacement & got a duplicate pilot?”
Really, not enough adjectives to describe this filth.

If it looks feels walks and speaks like a duck ... U have to seriously consider that its a duck

When usa is saying counts are full and pak is showing your intact missiles ... U have to b on extreme of chutyapa to carry on with same rheotric and keep believing it

Only bhartis will commit suicide by drowning themselves in the filthiest drain called Ganga.

Translated: Pakistan lied about its F-16 inventory for FIVE years, about a B/D-model...because Pakistan had anticipated that PAF will lose PRECISELY a B/D-model in the future, over the EXACT area of Kashmir.

Didn't know PAF had a time machine.

Jets hn ya monghphallian jo chuppa ka lay aye BHARWAY

Last edited:
Really, not enough adjectives to describe this filth.
The English term is, ''If you can't beat them, then join them''.....but call centre clowns believe in the idea that if you can't beat them, then further humiliate yourself. !!

If it looks feels walks and speaks like a duck ... U have to seriously consider that its a duck

When usa is saying counts are full and pak is showing your intact missiles ... U have to b on extreme of chutyapa to carry on with same rheotric and keep believing it
You're feeling this heat because you have no idea about the filthy mentality and psychie of the Gangadeshis. Living in an open & overcrowded toilet of 1.3 billion crawlers, they need to lie, cheat & deceive for survival.

Back
Top Bottom