What's new

The split in Pakistan Military: Newscasters opinion

Looks like a rational analysis to me. He has pointed right incidents and what caused what. I would trust this guys' analysis.

Also there are elements within Militry who wants a closer allience with Americans. What is wrong if there are elements who think otherwise and find Pakistan would be better-off being in harmoney with Afghan Taliban.

I personally believe there is no solution for Pakistan as long as it is dragging itself into American camp. We know they (Americans are) least bothered with our well-being and will misuse us for their agendas. On the other side, it is only difficult for us to refuse Americans and to stop pretending we being their allies and easy to settle with Afghan Taliban which will also eliminate reasons for Tribals to fight against Pakistan.

I also believe we are already late in breaking our alliance with Americans in this war. There is no war of terrorism which Pakistan is fighting for its cause. Terrorists were anti-Americans and on finding Pakistan ally with Americans, they turned against us as well. We can save ourself by declaring zero connections with both sides and that is the best solution for Pakistan's sake. Let Americans fight and die for their started war.. we are to live and die with our neighbours and there is no logic in killing them and they killing us back because a country sitting 12000 miles away wanted so. Sense must prevail now.

I wonder what's taking so long in America-Talibaan dialogue to reach a consensus! The sooner a ceasefire is observed, the better for Afghanistan & Pakistan unless the US decides to leave us both high and dry, yet again.

I dont buy it at all. this is just an extension of propaganda faced by pakistan its army and ISI by american bulshixxers and their lapdogs.

So OBL came to Pakistan after agreement with a general. No wonder he was living in cant.
Every person who exposes this should be killed.

So OBL came to Pakistan after agreement with a general. No wonder he was living in cant.
Every person who exposes this should be killed.

These arejust theories there is no evidence whatsoever that anyone in pakistan involved. Why is the same thing repeated over and over again. When we state what we think is the obvious we are told its our conspiracy theories. Why is the burden of proof so low when americans indians etc make allegations.

Besides the claim that a Pakistani general met with OBL after 2001, Saleem Shahzad did not say anything that we didn't already know.

These arejust theories there is no evidence whatsoever that anyone in pakistan involved. Why is the same thing repeated over and over again. When we state what we think is the obvious we are told its our conspiracy theories. Why is the burden of proof so low when americans indians etc make allegations.

Sorry that guy in video is not Indian. He is Pakistani journalist allegedly killed by ISI.

Looks like a rational analysis to me. He has pointed right incidents and what caused what. I would trust this guys' analysis.

Also there are elements within Militry who wants a closer allience with Americans. What is wrong if there are elements who think otherwise and find Pakistan would be better-off being in harmoney with Afghan Taliban.

I personally believe there is no solution for Pakistan as long as it is dragging itself into American camp. We know they (Americans are) least bothered with our well-being and will misuse us for their agendas. On the other side, it is only difficult for us to refuse Americans and to stop pretending we being their allies and easy to settle with Afghan Taliban which will also eliminate reasons for Tribals to fight against Pakistan.

Friend, the role of the army is to follow orders without questionsing. Debating , questioning, arguing opinioinating is traditionally done within civil society. There are many anecdotes where the ssoldier does exactly what he is told to and not question his superior. If that were the case everyone will have the same ideology. It is very dangerous for the army to start forming it s own foreign policy.

How credible?

Very credible, pick any reputed journal and you will find it stating the same points, manners may be different, but the conclusion is same.

And the most saddening part is from 4:11 to 5:32 - You gotta get out of that somehow - Media can do that.

One more thing: It is widely and rightly believed that it was indeed Gen. Mahmud who facilitated the transfer of $100K to Mohammed Atta with the help of Sheikh Omar Saeed, the blue eyed baby of Osama bin Laden. Only a documented proof is lacking, rest everything analytical and circumstantial is out there!

Sorry that guy in video is not Indian. He is Pakistani journalist allegedly killed by ISI.

So what he if he is pakistani, is that evidence. We even have leaders who have been bribed so what that doesnt mean he is telling the truth or are you suggesting every pakistani tells the truth about pakistan? Wheres the logic?

After watching this video I believe his kidnapping and later killing was justified.

As sad as Syed Saleem Shehzad's death is, during all of his journalistic time with AT, he wrote theories filled with hyperbole. That he was proven wrong on multiple counts is a bit of an understatement. Some of what he wrote made sense as well, so the point is that everything should be taken in with a pinch (or handful) of salt.

Pakistani military leadership has no reason to hide OBL. What matters to Pakistan is the interests of Pashtuns in Afghanistan and the peace on Afghan-Pak border with mutual respect for territorial integrity. OBL and AQ have never played a role in this and aside from someone at a personal level buying into the aura of OBL, there is no evidence of Pakistani state or military collusion/interaction with OBL.

Back
Top Bottom