What's new

The serenity of Hokkaido, Japan

Japan is possibly one of the greatest countries to ever exist.

Let's Explore some of the Beaches in Hokkaido

Ranshima Beach...
Ranshima_beach.JPG

1377965094_e4c3df3fdf_b.jpg

P7236421.JPG

Japanese-Beach-Style.jpg

116307667_66dda8070a_b.jpg

Definitely will visit Hokaido after I go see my girl in Osaka. :)

えみし

The Ainus in Japan number at around 200,000. Most of the pure-blooded Ainu live in the Northern parts of Hokkaido, their ancestral land(s). Their presence is felt in Asahikawa, Kushiro, Nemuro, Shari, Abashiri , Monbetsu , Kitami , Wakkanai. These are large towns in Northern Hokkaido.

Some pictures of Ainu in Hokkaido

lrg_10128343.jpg

e0181522_2333848.jpg

DSC00800.JPG

e1f72ea6.jpg

img_0

I notice few words in front of the chest of the man in the 2rd photo writing 東京支那 池村一華 and words in his right arm writing 琉球國, and his clothes buttons are very Chinese style . A Chinese Japanese ?

e0181522_2333848.jpg

Last edited:
えみし

I notice few words in front of the chest of the man in the 2rd photo writing 東京支那 池村一華 and words in his right arm writing 琉球國, and his clothes buttons are very Chinese style . A Chinese Japanese ?

e0181522_2333848.jpg

These are not Chinese Japanese, these are Ainu Japanese. :)

Shiretoko Peninsula, Hokkaido , Japan

hokkaido_450_2.jpg

123845xxy9b9bo9x9qxx84.jpg

201105shiretoko05.jpg

9e01a790abd60df763b4506d5cb7e716

121018_02.jpg

koyo_081008_01.jpg

r0012288.jpg

6860_02b.jpg

@LeveragedBuyout Sir, i remember you once telling me you're from New England. You would love it here in Shiretoko during the autumn and winter seasons; its just like there in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire....the temperature and the peacefulness.... :)

Superb scenic pictures and japan is very neatly developed as well

You'll have to visit it someday, Bregs ! I'd say if you ever visited Kashmir or the northern parts of Punjab , the weather in those states during the winter months --- how it exhilarates the soul ! The same for the weather in Hokkaido. Tho to be honest it never gets hot or too warm in Northern Hokkaido. Right now during the summer months in the US, the temperature is about 90 degrees Farenheit here in NJ, USA. But in Hokkaido , right now its 61 degrees Farenheit there (16 degrees Celsius). It rare ever gets higher than 15 or 16 degrees Celsius in the summer months. :-):-)

Shiretoko Peninsula, Hokkaido , Japan

hokkaido_450_2.jpg

123845xxy9b9bo9x9qxx84.jpg

201105shiretoko05.jpg

9e01a790abd60df763b4506d5cb7e716

121018_02.jpg

koyo_081008_01.jpg

r0012288.jpg

6860_02b.jpg

@LeveragedBuyout Sir, i remember you once telling me you're from New England. You would love it here in Shiretoko during the autumn and winter seasons; its just like there in Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire....the temperature and the peacefulness.... :)

I must visit Shiretoko. I had a blast in Sapporo in 2003 when I visited to see the snow festival, and definitely felt more at home there than Tokyo. I will definitely try to visit on my next trip, time permitting.

Maybe I will start looking at Japan's investor visa when the children are grown up and out of the house.

I must visit Shiretoko. I had a blast in Sapporo in 2003 when I visited to see the snow festival, and definitely felt more at home there than Tokyo. I will definitely try to visit on my next trip, time permitting.

Maybe I will start looking at Japan's investor visa when the children are grown up and out of the house.

Yes, you must, you have to !

Last year during the autumn season I went to Acadia National Park in Maine with some of my friends. Dear G-d in Heaven, i swear that it was like being in Shiretoko again during the Autumn period. The entire area --- seeing the pines, the changing colors of the maple trees (we have maple trees too that grow wild in Northern Hokkaido), -- reminded me of Shiretoko when I used to go backpacking there years ago. It was gorgeous in Acadia tho --- it was around 39 degrees Farenheit --- just PERFECT. No gnats , no bugs, lol, just being with friends in God's own country. :)

Anyways....let's compare....Acadia National Park in Maine and Shiretoko Peninsula National Park in Hokkaido:

tumblr_mdja7vIFj41qzwb82o1_1280.jpg

Acadia National Park

hokkaido-island-japan-natureflip-01.jpg

destination_hachimantai_top.jpg

Shiretoko National Park

:raise:

A buquet of flowers for meh! :tongue:

Oh, almost forgot, other pics are nice too. :smokin:

hahaha, so why don't you come visit Japan during the summer time and show off your 6 pack. I'm sure the girls would be more than happy to jump on you for a picture (or exchange numbers and som'en som'en, lol).

08_09_26_02.jpg

or you can always hang with the guys...LOL...LOL!

zushi-beach-group-pic.jpg

japanese-beach-girls.jpg

;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom