What's new

The Rules For Rulers (the truth about governing a nation, whether by democracy or dictatorship)

That Guy

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please watch the entire video all the way through.

@Syed.Ali.Haider ,@Arsalan ,@The Eagle , @Kambojaric ,@saiyan0321 ,@notorious_eagle , @Neutron ,@abdulbarijan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Moonlight ,@django ,@Zibago ,@HRK ,@Rashid Mahmood,@Bilal Khan 777 , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) ,@Joe Shearer ,@Levina ,@scorpionx ,@nair ,@Abingdonboy ,@Spectre , @hellfire ,@jbgt90 ,@Spectre ,@MilSpec ,@Mr.Meap ,@anant_s ,@Gufi ,@balixd ,@Bratva ,@That Guy , @waz ,@Horus ,@WebMaster ,@Irfan Baloch ,@Oscar ,@Aether ,@Chinese-Dragon ,@Icarus ,@Jungibaaz @Nilgiri @hinduguy @hellfire @WAJsal @MastanKhan ......

Sorry I haven't been active recently, thinks have come up and I've been busy. Anyway, CGPGrey (one of my fav educational youtubers) posted this video about democracy and dictatorship, which makes extremely important points.

Please watch the entire video all the way through.

@Syed.Ali.Haider ,@Arsalan ,@The Eagle , @Kambojaric ,@saiyan0321 ,@notorious_eagle , @Neutron ,@abdulbarijan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Moonlight ,@django ,@Zibago ,@HRK ,@Rashid Mahmood,@Bilal Khan 777 , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) ,@Joe Shearer ,@Levina ,@scorpionx ,@nair ,@Abingdonboy ,@Spectre , @hellfire ,@jbgt90 ,@Spectre ,@MilSpec ,@Mr.Meap ,@anant_s ,@Gufi ,@balixd ,@Bratva ,@That Guy , @waz ,@Horus ,@WebMaster ,@Irfan Baloch ,@Oscar ,@Aether ,@Chinese-Dragon ,@Icarus ,@Jungibaaz @Nilgiri @hinduguy @hellfire @WAJsal @MastanKhan ......

Sorry I haven't been active recently, thinks have come up and I've been busy. Anyway, CGPGrey (one of my fav educational youtubers) posted this video about democracy and dictatorship, which makes extremely important points.

On the presentation rather than the content: please can the text boxes at the bottom be made easier to read? Instead of their being with a light yellow background with white letters, it would help older eyes if the background colour were to be a dark one. Perhaps blue?

I saw this a few days back. I think this would fit nicely in the thread created by @WAJsal titled "The System". I can't post links yet.

On the presentation rather than the content: please can the text boxes at the bottom be made easier to read? Instead of their being with a light yellow background with white letters, it would help older eyes if the background colour were to be a dark one. Perhaps blue?
Do you mean the closed captions? All you have to do is
  • click on Settings, the wheel next to the CC button.
  • then click Subtitles/CC, which will show a list of languages.
  • scroll to the top and click Options,
  • a list of font options/opacity, background color/opacity, and window color/opacity.

Do you mean the closed captions? All you have to do is
  • click on Settings, the wheel next to the CC button.
  • then click Subtitles/CC, which will show a list of languages.
  • scroll to the top and click Options,
  • a list of font options/opacity, background color/opacity, and window color/opacity.

<whew!>

My old eyes thank you profusely. I'll get back to seeing what promises to be a most interesting video after lunch.

Many thanks, again.

Part 2 is very well explained, good share.
I saw this a few days back. I think this would fit nicely in the thread created by @WAJsal titled "The System". I can't post links yet.
Hope that you liked it. You will be able to post a link soon.

Thanks for the tag.
Watched the video to realise that be it a democracy or a dictatorship, "keys" play a crucial role.
In a democracy "keys" 're nothing but the corporate houses. So keeping them happy is a way to ensure you will be in power for next few terms.
To keep the corporates satisfied, rulers have to find (or introduce) loopholes in existing laws so that corporates do not have to fear lossses. In short, democracy is perpetually mired with corruption.

Thanks for the tag.
Watched the video to realise that be it a democracy or a dictatorship, "keys" play a crucial role.
In a democracy "keys" 're nothing but the corporate houses. So keeping them happy is a way to ensure you will be in power for next few terms.
To keep the corporates satisfied, rulers have to find (or introduce) loopholes in existing laws so that corporates do not have to fear lossses. In short, democracy is perpetually mired with corruption.
Not quite, that's only if you want to keep power in the long term (essentially become a democratically elected dictator), and don't want the opposition of effectively challenge you. The thing about democracy is that while corruption is indeed a useful tool for governments to keep power, in the longer run, its usefulness wears off; the citizens in democracys become far more frustrated in seeing their tax dollars being spent on corrupt practices, which is why we inevitably see protests erupt in nations that are emerging and democratically run, but have a high rate of corruption (see Pakistan, Brazil, Argentina...etc). Democracy distributes power across a wide range of groups, thus far more keys are produced, thus holding on to power is far harder in democracy than it is in dictatorships. If it was a dictatorship, it wouldn't matter, as the keys to power are smaller in number, thus loyalty is easier to buy, so the citizenry doesn't matter much.

but have a high rate of corruption (see Pakistan, Brazil, Argentina...etc).
Oh!
You missed India.
corruption was so rampant that ppl decided to ousted UPA-2 from power, Congress has yet to recover from the jolt it received in 2014 elections. Lol

For an average man singing the great heroic deeds of politicians of his party,u know...oh nvm

There is a second to part to it uploaded recently on CGP Grey's channel

Back
Top Bottom