What's new

The Radical Drop in Pakistani women's fertility rate

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently saw a chart regarding the Fertility rate of Pakistani women and noticed something alarming. The fertility rate has been dropping drastically since year 2000. According to this chart, the fertility rate of Pakistani women has dropped from 4.56 in the year 2000 to 3.07 in 2012.

If this trend continues, it could affect the growth rates and the Economy of Pakistan.:cry:

Any thoughts ?
Pakistan - Total fertility rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year

With a pop between 200 and 230 million, and you are alarmed by the reduced fertility rate? With possibly up to a third of the children who will never have an opportunity to go to school?

Pakistan's problems would multiply as its population grows.

This is a country where more children are out of schools, a distinction which is rivaled only by nigeria.

60% born stunted, education ratio to gdp one of the lowest, health is in disarray.

1.7 million illegal Pakistanis migrated to other countries in few earlier years.

Population is still huge.

Generally what you said is true but we would not like this trend to continue. If you look at the trend line, it is plunging rapidly. A fertility rate below 2 spells trouble in terms of growth rates. Also then you get in a situation where most of your Population are old people and that affects the economy of a country.
We are not talking about Switzerland here. Your theory works only if the unemployment rates are very low. In Pakistan, the extra people don't have jobs. So leave alone supporting their parents, these youth are not able to support themselves. That is a great danger. Idle youth are the cause of law and order problems. Especially in a land charged with Islam.

With a pop between 200 and 230 million, and you are alarmed by the reduced fertility rate? With possibly up to a third of the children who will never have an opportunity to go to school?

The problem of fertility is growing across the world. I think God has decided to get involved in population control himself.

I recently saw a chart regarding the Fertility rate of Pakistani women and noticed something alarming. The fertility rate has been dropping drastically since year 2000. According to this chart, the fertility rate of Pakistani women has dropped from 4.56 in the year 2000 to 3.07 in 2012.

If this trend continues, it could affect the growth rates and the Economy of Pakistan.:cry:

Any thoughts ?

Pakistan - Total fertility rate - Historical Data Graphs per Year

Any comments about this thread Sir?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...m-2050-if-left-unchecked-warn-economists.html

Is it the same country that is being discussed here?

This is very alarming. I've decided to use this statistic as my new pick up line, hopefully it will be effective.

No, but seriously... This is a good thing.

As long as we have Maulvi's in Pakistan, we wont have to worry about any reduction in fertility. they keep filling the population gap left by ordinary Pakistanis at a rapid pace.

China "forced" a "One-Child Policy". With 'great incentives' to entice parents to have one child.

It saved them alot of money that would have been spent on building infrastructure for a higher population.

Rather than allowing Armstrong and Cheetah to raise an Army through their combined 5 wives.

Perhaps Pakistan can offer incentives?

1) Free Education of 12 years, to first X children, rural farm families can have 1 child more and still qualify for the free education
2) A small payment of 300 Rpe per Month to encourage families not to have more than X children.
3) soft loans to families in labor intensive industries
4) Restructure Scholarship system, let the smart child of the poor farm get a scholarship to go to College/ University.
5) Religious indoctrination, the Prophet (PBUH) said you must be able to take care of your children when they are weak (Young).

Back
Top Bottom