What's new

The Missing Man Salute !

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
While many are dismayed and questioning as why there were two F-16s leading the flypast for Pakistan Day Parade and also as in the past, why didn't the Air chief's aircraft went up vertically releasing flares.
Well, just got confirmation that it was at the behest of new Air chief to pay tribute to fallen comrade Nauman Akram (Shaheed). Hence he went straight in the Block-52D while the No 2 pulled up paying the missing man formation salute .

1616792364603.png

1616792395147.png

While many are dismayed and questioning as why there were two F-16s leading the flypast for Pakistan Day Parade and also as in the past, why didn't the Air chief's aircraft went up vertically releasing flares.
Well, just got confirmation that it was at the behest of new Air chief to pay tribute to fallen comrade Nauman Akram (Shaheed). Hence he went straight in the Block-52D while the No 2 pulled up paying the missing man formation salute .

View attachment 728540

View attachment 728541
The brigadier sahb making the anouncements should have said that as well dude.

There was no need to make any fan fare about it thus no flares were even pumped out to make it look fancy.
No I meant the commentator could at least have said this is the missing man formation. We honor our pilot who embraced shahadat last year.

Otherwise average joes like me just thought that those F16s were social distancing in the air.

No I meant the commentator could at least have said this is the missing man formation. We honor our pilot who embraced shahadat last year.

Otherwise average joes like me just thought that those F16s were social distancing in the air.
Then again, how many would know, what's a missing man formation.

Then again, how many would know, what's a missing man formation.
A lot I think. So mnay from air force were present. A lot of people there were parhe likhe educated people. Even if there were some paindoos.

Then the commentator could have explained what missing man is and why we do it. Like he did for all the other regiments, radars, tanks, missiles etc.

A lot I think. So mnay from air force were present. A lot of people there were parhe likhe educated people. Even if there were some paindoos.

Then the commentator could have explained what missing man is and why we do it. Like he did for all the other regiments, radars, tanks, missiles etc.
Those with knowledge were anticipating it thus are well aware of it.

I'd have to agree.

The commentators tend to 'over-do' a lot. In the presence of so many foreign guests, it should have been publicly acknowledged. We can't go with the narrative that 'how many Pakistani people know of the Missing Man Formation'.

People in the US don't know about the USN Blue Angels' Sneak Pass - until it happens to them.

- I believe that the family of the (late) Wg Cdr. Nauman Akram (Shaheed) deserved that much.

Sorry, but your confirmation is of no value. If it wasn't announced , wasn't marked, wasn't acknowledged, it didn't happen.

The commentator should have mentioned it, the air force should have made sure the commentators knew about it and would announce it. It seems no one even told the commentators what was going on.

The gesture might be nice but the handling in this manner....pathetic. A tribute is only a tribute when it is known.

Sorry, but your confirmation is of no value. If it wasn't announced , wasn't marked, wasn't acknowledged, it didn't happen.

The commentator should have mentioned it, the air force should have made sure the commentators knew about it and would announce it. It seems no one even told the commentators what was going on.

The gesture might be nice but the handling in this manner....pathetic. A tribute is only a tribute when it is known.
Yup, PAF should do everything by peoples Wishlist and should have made a statement that , PAF is please to announce that today it's opening the flypast by executing a missing man salute.....hell as far as i remember no such announcement was made when it was done for ACM Mushaf Ali Mir.

Yup, PAF should do everything by peoples Wishlist and should have made a statement that , PAF is please to announce that today it's opening the flypast by executing a missing man salute.....hell as far as i remember no such announcement was made when it was done for ACM Mushaf Ali Mir.

Yeah they should have done something like that. A tribute is only meaningful when it can be appreciated by those watching, whether it is on tv or youtube or in person. I mean why have commentators there at all? Why have them announcing and commenting on eveything if they are to miss the significant portions. Or perhaps you think this particular salute was something quite insignificant? Well in that case you can be forgiven.

But I guess the the air force guys thought the alternative was just as good. I mean why bothers commentators with such minutia when you can tell windjammer to announce it on PDF later on? Yeah that makes sense.

Yeah they should have done something like that. A tribute is only meaningful when it can be appreciated by those watching, whether it is on tv or youtube or in person. I mean why have commentators there at all? Why have them announcing and commenting on eveything if they are to miss the significant portions. Or perhaps you think this particular salute was something quite insignificant? Well in that case you can be forgiven.

But I guess the the air force guys thought the alternative was just as good. I mean why bothers commentators with such minutia when you can tell windjammer to announce it on PDF later on? Yeah that makes sense.
Well i guess the PAF never thought of PDF nit picks before going ahead with the practice.
And if i thought of it being what you call insignificant, i guess i wouldn't have been the one opening this thread. As i said no such announcement was made even for a former air chief and i only found out when i made enquiries regarding the unusual run in by two aircraft.

Exactly yar warna to phir jungle me mor nacha kis ne dekha?

I didn't watch the parade. But usually missing man formation is flown as a 4 finger or V with the second element's lead pulling up. I have never seen a 2 ship missing man formation.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom