What's new

The legs on this puppy-sized spider are a foot long

EWW, KILL IT, STEP ON IT,

USE THIS
627387-hatfixrocketshortrangesurfacetosurfacemissileispr-1383632270-949-640x480.jpg

bomba.jpg

is it dead?

In one of the episode of BBC Human Planet, I've seen little kids eating these spiders after roasting them on fire.I bet they taste awesome8-)

If there is anything that has power that has power to make my soul run for its life its cockroaches the very thought of em make me ...... I have no word for that feeling

muff83pt0vcc8w15bspf.jpg

Have you had any nightmares, lately? Would you like some? Then you'll love the South American Goliath birdeater. This furry spider is the size of a puppy, and thanks to hard claws on the tips of its foot-long legs, it makes a horrifying clicking sound when it scampers through the forest.

Harvard etymologist Piotr Naskrecki recently spotted a Goliath birdeater in Guyana. He was actually hunting for katydids but instead he enjoyed the pleasure of meeting a puppy-sized spider.

buhqvexubdyuntpmtyid.jpg

At first, Naskrecki thought it was a possum. Then, like any good scientiest would do when spotting a rare species, he lunged at it. This was a mistake:

Every time I got too close to the birdeater it would do three things. First, the spider would start rubbing its hind legs against the hairy abdomen. "Oh, how cute!", I thought when I first saw this adorable behavior, until a cloud of urticating hair hit my eyeballs, and made me itch and cry for several days.

But wait, there's more:

If that wasn't enough, the arachnid would rear its front legs and open its enormous fangs, capable of puncturing a mouse's skull, and tried to jab me with the pointy implements.

Let's review. Curious scientist strolls through Amazonian rainforest encounters puppy-sized spider with claw-shaped hooves, repeatedly approaches beast only to be sprayed in the eyeballs with "a cloud of urticating hair" and then the fangs came out.

Enjoy the nightmares—and never go wandering through the rainforest at night.

throgkeddisb0jcjyjeo.jpg

(from Gizmodo, Pictures belong to Piotr Naskrecki)

* My Comments;

This was my reaction;

there-was-a-spider-i-panicked.jpg
OMG!
even a tiny spider can scare me and this for one is as huge as puppy.I might just die of a heart attack.I'm Arachnophobic.:wacko:

If there is anything that has power that has power to make my soul run for its life its cockroaches the very thought of em make me ...... I have no word for that feeling
Thats called alexithymia...hmmm when you can not express yourself. :lol:

OMG!
even a tiny spider can scare me and this for one is as huge as puppy.I might just die of a heart attack.I'm Arachnophobic.:wacko:

Thats called alexithymia...hmmm when you can not express yourself. :lol:

Thank u doctor sahiba. Thanks for the info I hope I remember it

bloody hell... this spider reminds me of another scary animal which makes clicking sound when moving... the centipede... armored and fast... hard to kill...

As I was reading this yesterday, I was also researching about the most venomous spiders in the world and then today I saw this. :angry:

Terrified family forced to flee home after world's most venomous spider is delivered with Waitrose shopping - Mirror Online

Terrified family forced to flee home after world's most venomous spider is delivered with Waitrose shopping

A terrified family were forced to flee their house after the world’s most venomous spider was delivered with their Waitrose shopping.

The aggressive Brazilian wandering spider was hiding in bananas delivered to the family's South London home.

Despite dad Tim spotting the enormous spider and trapping it , the huge animal managed to escape inside the house after ripping off its own leg.

Tim - who does not wish to reveal his surname - was forced to leave the house with his wife and two sons, aged seven and eight while a search was made for the dangerous spider.

Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, Tim said: "Although people might think these things are funny, I keep thinking that the spider could have killed me or my son if he had gone to get a banana."

Tim spotted the enormous spider as he unpacked the bananas last weekend following the home delivery.

The spider became trapped in a fruit bowl by one of its legs after Tim dropped the bananas in following the shock of his discovery.

The spider became trapped in a fruit bowl by one of its legs after Tim dropped the bananas in following the shock of his discovery.

i didn't understand this part... if the bowl was upturned over the spider, did it lift the bowl and then escape??

I quite like spiders and lizards, snakes etc but a mouse, oh hell no I run like a girl when there are mice in the house. Last year I got home from work and there was one of them on my bloody bed, turned me sick.

Back
Top Bottom