What's new

The Kleptocracy of Vladimir Putin

Haha you guys are so funny. Is it so hard to believe not every American supports the government? And if they don't they must be someone pretending to be American? I mean really... lol

No offence, but I don't really think if you're a real American. Anyone can become an American. But you sir, most probably are a Russian or Chinese false-flagger.

I have little doubt he's a FF. Most likely someone else here under a different alias. None the less, people have a right to their views. His are plainly obvious..

Last edited:
The US purchased Russian engines long before it retired the shuttle and the US had nothing comparable to the RD-180, both the US and Japan failed to built a fully functional and reliable engine that utilized the same type of technology.

By the same type of technology you most likely mean a "closed cycle", after all that's what the RD-180 is famous for ever since the "Engines that came from the cold" History Channel documentary.

OK...

Let me present to you the Rocketdyne RS-25 aka the Space Shuttle Main Engine, first flight in 1981.

480px-Shuttle_Main_Engine_Test_Firing.jpg

ssme.jpg

570px-Space_Shuttle_Columbia_launching.jpg

Which utilizes a staged combustion cycle (aka "closed cycle" for the History Channel crowd) just like the Russian RD-180 or Soviet NK-33.

500px-Ssme_schematic.svg.png

So for 33 years now, the Americans have been able "to build a fully functional and reliable engine that utilized the same type of technology" and they will certainly continue to be able to do so in the future because:

- NASA's new SLS will utilize RS-25 engines.

- Northrop's TR-107 and Boeing's RS-84 programs (both of which are a decade old and were in an advanced stage) can be revived should the need arise.

As for Japan, they too have developed, manufactured and employed staged combustion engines:

LE-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

360px-Mitsubishi_LE-7A.JPG

utilized on H-IIA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

319px-H-IIA_F19_launching_IGS-O4.jpg

@senheiser

Look, I don't like your government. But I do respect Russians as generally intelligent people (mostly because of the way they teach Mathematics in schools) now if you mean to tell me that you really believe Russia at its current state is in any way able to compete with American companies, I don't really know what to tell you.

The article is informative, but I find the lead offensive. Comparative advantage and existing infrastructure encourages countries to emphasize different products. Russia exports weapons and rockets and minerals. So what if it doesn't export cellphones or cars? A ruble spent mining more nickel brings a higher return.

The article is informative, but I find the lead offensive. Comparative advantage and existing infrastructure encourages countries to emphasize different products. Russia exports weapons and rockets and minerals. So what if it doesn't export cellphones or cars? A ruble spent mining more nickel brings a higher return.

No. You don't need to have a brand to export raw minerals, whereas you do need one if you're to get into exporting high-tech products. Apple and Samsung are spending millions of dollars on R&D for a market they already own. Barriers to entry for any new player are quite huge, especially if they don't have cost-competitiveness as well as innovation factors.

No. You don't need to have a brand to export raw minerals, whereas you do need one if you're to get into exporting high-tech products.
Apple makes a ton of stuff in China and exports from there around the world. That counts as Chinese exports, not American.

exactly, Russia had in various times an own Manufacturing Base. This time we have more recoucces and less People than the Soviet Union. But i can still count various stuff made in Russia itself.

Apple makes a ton of stuff in China and exports from there around the world. That counts as Chinese exports, not American.

Nonetheless USA takes the huge chunk of that money. Chinese exports or not, those are American products.

Think about it: what product (or brand name) does Russia produce which people covet? Cars, smartphones, wine, airplanes, beer, other technological or Internet innovations – nothing comes to mind.
Is the author so ignorant that he has, in all his bias, forgotten about the Ruski quality weapon production, the Ruskis are probably the biggest suppliers of weaponry to the third world, particularly when it comes to small arms....

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom